Spiritual Forums

Home

Donate!

Articles

CHAT!

Shop

Welcome to Spiritual Forums!.

We created this community for people from all backgrounds to discuss Spiritual, Paranormal, Metaphysical, Philosophical, Supernatural, and Esoteric subjects. From Astral Projection to Zen, all topics are welcome. We hope you enjoy your visits.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest, which gives you limited access to most discussions and articles. By joining our free community you will be able to post messages, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own photos, and gain access to our Chat Rooms, Registration is fast, simple, and free, so please, join our community today! !

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, check our FAQs before contacting support. Please read our forum rules, since they are enforced by our volunteer staff. This will help you avoid any infractions and issues.

Go Back   Spiritual Forums > Spirituality & Beliefs > Spirituality

Old 16-11-2015, 02:47 PM
Master
Hi Lycan,

Very nice on your research.

There is no one above the other with regard to the mother and the father.

Like you have mentioned. The father is like the calm waters of the pond. The mother is the ripples on the water of the pond.

In Buddhism the mother and father are talked about in the Heart Sutra as Void=Form and Form=Void.

The goal is to realize that void is the same as form. .. That all things are energy and empty like a cloud..

Jesus would talk about this also with Motion and Rest.

50. Jesus said, "If they say to you, 'Where have you come from?' say to them, 'We have come from the light, from the place where the light came into being by itself, established [itself], and appeared in their image.' If they say to you, 'Is it you?' say, 'We are its children, and we are the chosen of the living Father.' If they ask you, 'What is the evidence of your Father in you?' say to them, 'It is motion and rest.'"

Now the male and female both have aspects to them beyond what I am describing here but to continue on with my point of them being the same or getting to a point where they become one.

That is represented in many traditions as a Buddha in consort position. Yab Yum represents the merging of the male and female energies. This is a real experience with physiological changes that are felt.

I hope this helps and thank you for the topic.

All the best,

Tom
Old 16-11-2015, 03:11 PM
Smile

Male and female aspects? That's all you have a struggle to grasp ?
There is so much more to be confused about! Hahaha
I'm in a playful mood.

Hint: The One Consciousness is it ALL! All of it.

Jonesboy...where is that verse from, please. TY
Rokon...FABULOUS avatar!

*I'll text in Navy Blue when I'm speaking as a Mod. :)

Prepare yourself for the coming astral journey of death by daily riding in the balloon of God-perception.
Through delusion you are perceiving yourself as a bundle of flesh and bones, which at best is a nest of troubles.
Meditate unceasingly, that you may quickly behold yourself as the Infinite Essence, free from every form of misery. ~Paramahansa's Guru's Guru

Old 16-11-2015, 03:18 PM
Master
Quote:
Originally Posted by Miss Hepburn
Male and female aspects? That's all you have a struggle to grasp ?
There is so much more to be confused about! Hahaha
I'm in a playful mood.

Hint: The One Consciousness is it ALL! All of it.

Jonesboy...where is that verse from, please. TY
Rokon...FABULOUS avatar!

Hi Miss Hepburn.

That is from the Gospel of Thomas.. My favorite
http://community.livingunbound.net/i...f-thomas-text/

If you are interested we are going through all of them one by one. We are currently on 97.

http://community.livingunbound.net/i...ssion/&page=20
Old 16-11-2015, 07:56 PM
Seeker
Quote:
Originally Posted by jonesboy
Hi Lycan,

Very nice on your research.

There is no one above the other with regard to the mother and the father.

Like you have mentioned. The father is like the calm waters of the pond. The mother is the ripples on the water of the pond.

In Buddhism the mother and father are talked about in the Heart Sutra as Void=Form and Form=Void.

The goal is to realize that void is the same as form. .. That all things are energy and empty like a cloud..

Jesus would talk about this also with Motion and Rest.

50. Jesus said, "If they say to you, 'Where have you come from?' say to them, 'We have come from the light, from the place where the light came into being by itself, established [itself], and appeared in their image.' If they say to you, 'Is it you?' say, 'We are its children, and we are the chosen of the living Father.' If they ask you, 'What is the evidence of your Father in you?' say to them, 'It is motion and rest.'"

Now the male and female both have aspects to them beyond what I am describing here but to continue on with my point of them being the same or getting to a point where they become one.

That is represented in many traditions as a Buddha in consort position. Yab Yum represents the merging of the male and female energies. This is a real experience with physiological changes that are felt.

I hope this helps and thank you for the topic.

All the best,

Tom

Hello, yes. This is the essence of what I have been reading. I do believe that God is both and that ultimately these two aspects are interdependent and the same. It is very hard to shake off the image which i grew up with, which is something like that of a bearded man reigning from above. I am clearly deluded by dualistic thinking but it is difficult to break from it. Also in regards to your reference to that gospel. There is another part of that gospel related directly to this which I don't understand, and it occurs at the end:

"Simon Peter said to them, "Make Mary leave us, for females don't deserve life." Jesus said, "Look, I will guide her to make her male, so that she too may become a living spirit resembling you males. For every female who makes herself male will enter the kingdom of Heaven."

The above excerpt seems to imply that the feminine must be masculinized to be redeemed, re-enforcing the idea of the higher-lower dynamic of the two. If the two are truly one-and-the-same, why would Jesus have said this?
Old 16-11-2015, 08:04 PM
Seeker
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jyotir
Hi Lycan,

It's a legitimate question because physical 'reality' itself presents the quandary.

It's not that one is inferior to the other - they are mutually dependent or inseparably interdependent.

The masculine is Being, Vision, Will.
The Feminine is the executive Power and material manifestation of that Will, becoming.

It's just that in the physical which is 'becoming' we see the prominence of a Cosmic Ignorance which is the sacrifice the feminine aspect made in assenting to an 'oblivion' of that Divine Being - for the purpose of the multiplicity embodied in Life to become, through an evolution of consciousness, That which in Being is 'already' Divine. You can see this in a microcosm literally in the gestation and birth of a helpless ignorant infant in and through the female human being - even though the true essence of that child is the sovereign all-Knowing divine Soul.

So the surface appearance of that ignorance inclines to identify it as 'inferior' but in essence it is not. In a way that is the lesson of earthly life to be discovered individually.

It's an appearance and a preparation and an 'acquisition' or realization of what in essence already IS, but in the physical is becoming through a multiplicity of differentiated 'beings'.

The feminine is the infallible executor of all dynamic activity which at every moment responds to and provides the form of all Will in and through every being, that vision of becoming which in and through all individuated lives are evolving and discovering Self.

Suggest reading Sri Aurobindo on the 'Mother', or aspects of the Mother, or feminine divine.

~ J

Thank you so much for this suggestion, I hadn't heard of him before and am reading his work now!
Old 16-11-2015, 08:27 PM
Master
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lycan
Hello, yes. This is the essence of what I have been reading. I do believe that God is both and that ultimately these two aspects are interdependent and the same. It is very hard to shake off the image which i grew up with, which is something like that of a bearded man reigning from above. I am clearly deluded by dualistic thinking but it is difficult to break from it. Also in regards to your reference to that gospel. There is another part of that gospel related directly to this which I don't understand, and it occurs at the end:

"Simon Peter said to them, "Make Mary leave us, for females don't deserve life." Jesus said, "Look, I will guide her to make her male, so that she too may become a living spirit resembling you males. For every female who makes herself male will enter the kingdom of Heaven."

The above excerpt seems to imply that the feminine must be masculinized to be redeemed, re-enforcing the idea of the higher-lower dynamic of the two. If the two are truly one-and-the-same, why would Jesus have said this?

Hi Lycan,

Excellent question!

This does get a little tricky but it is true and has been my experience.

When you open all of the chakras they form a unified field.. That is how one achieves the light body.. Others name it the Vajra body or one has realized the Sambhogakaya

The sambhogakaya allows for one to realize ones higher state. A male or female form that overlays their physical body. This is the fruition for example of Mahayana Buddhism.

Jesus is saying. He will help her open all of her chakras and realize the light body so that she to could "become a living spirit resembling you males"

Here is a thread where I and my teacher go into more detail about a light body, how it works and how it works when working with others.

http://community.livingunbound.net/i.../#comment-2143

Let me know if you have any questions,

Tom
Old 16-11-2015, 08:31 PM
Master
Simon Peter said to them: Let Mary go forth from among us, for women are not worthy of the life. Jesus said: Behold, I shall lead her, that I may make her male, in order that she also may become a living spirit like you males. For every woman who makes herself male shall enter into the kingdom of heaven.

Elucidation.

Men and women are man, but have assigned themselves a different role with a different way of thinking, dressing, doing their hair and decorating themselves, all of which is dependant on the culture in which they live. The masculine man and the feminine woman are caricatures of man. They not only distinguish themselves by their inside but by their culturally-defined outside, too. Both women and men can become man again.
Old 16-11-2015, 08:39 PM
Master
Jesus was perfectly masculine and feminine it seems by portrayal,a mixture of compassion and no bull attitude, to me that quote just means the merging of the two ,it seems as you were saying Lycan that the

struggle you are experiencing may be due to a fixed idea or a sort of neurosis ,i find that trying to understand too much sometimes will inhibit the natural flow of what is

meant to happen, but as ever with duality there must also be inquiry whether it be from God ,the self or other sources, it is amazing how much I duel with Master Jesus

,crazy because he really knew it all , its not that I dont want to surrender been there and done that but it seems my own experience of spirituality must unfold

,although i think i will defienetly head over to your site Jonesboy as Im not a masochist, more people owe there sanity to Jesus than they would like to openly share

but then there are many wise sources to learn from ,J.Krishnamurti said something along the lines of If you follow someonelses ideas or ways blindly you will never

experience your own truth.....

Maybe Jesus was going to teach Mary about assertiveness so she could tell the rest of them to chill out or take off....assertively of course..lol...
Old 16-11-2015, 09:26 PM
Seeker
Quote:
Originally Posted by sky123
Simon Peter said to them: Let Mary go forth from among us, for women are not worthy of the life. Jesus said: Behold, I shall lead her, that I may make her male, in order that she also may become a living spirit like you males. For every woman who makes herself male shall enter into the kingdom of heaven.

Elucidation.

Men and women are man, but have assigned themselves a different role with a different way of thinking, dressing, doing their hair and decorating themselves, all of which is dependant on the culture in which they live. The masculine man and the feminine woman are caricatures of man. They not only distinguish themselves by their inside but by their culturally-defined outside, too. Both women and men can become man again.

Thanks for this explaination, and thank you to jonesboy also for his. Though this one makes more sense to me in terms of what Jesus might have meant, it kind of alludes back to the idea that the original Adam was androgynous, and the original "man". Man being a neutral term for human-being.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Deepsoul
Jesus was perfectly masculine and feminine it seems by portrayal,a mixture of compassion and no bull attitude, to me that quote just means the merging of the two ,it seems as you were saying Lycan that the

struggle you are experiencing may be due to a fixed idea or a sort of neurosis ,i find that trying to understand too much sometimes will inhibit the natural flow of what is

meant to happen, but as ever with duality there must also be inquiry whether it be from God ,the self or other sources, it is amazing how much I duel with Master Jesus

,crazy because he really knew it all , its not that I dont want to surrender been there and done that but it seems my own experience of spirituality must unfold

,although i think i will defienetly head over to your site Jonesboy as Im not a masochist, more people owe there sanity to Jesus than they would like to openly share

but then there are many wise sources to learn from ,J.Krishnamurti said something along the lines of If you follow someonelses ideas or ways blindly you will never

experience your own truth.....

Maybe Jesus was going to teach Mary about assertiveness so she could tell the rest of them to chill out or take off....assertively of course..lol...

You are correct about it being a neurosis or mental block. Something I have issues with for whatever reason. I have such a compulsive desire to understand I dig very deeply into things. But every answer leads to more questions. Eventually I'll tire of this method. But for now it still serves me in some way.
Old 16-11-2015, 10:55 PM
Master
Thank you Deepsoul.

I assure you it is much more amazing and wonderful than someone just being assertive.

If not you can call me crazy.

All the best.