Spiritual Forums

Home

Donate!

Articles

CHAT!

Shop

Welcome to Spiritual Forums!.

We created this community for people from all backgrounds to discuss Spiritual, Paranormal, Metaphysical, Philosophical, Supernatural, and Esoteric subjects. From Astral Projection to Zen, all topics are welcome. We hope you enjoy your visits.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest, which gives you limited access to most discussions and articles. By joining our free community you will be able to post messages, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own photos, and gain access to our Chat Rooms, Registration is fast, simple, and free, so please, join our community today! !

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, check our FAQs before contacting support. Please read our forum rules, since they are enforced by our volunteer staff. This will help you avoid any infractions and issues.

Go Back   Spiritual Forums > Lifestyle > Health

Old 11-10-2011, 05:45 PM
Master
Quote:
Originally Posted by OnAPath
We do not have insurance, and can not afford a doctor visit right now. He will be getting a job with benefits in the next month or so, so we are trying to do what we can until then.

Since you have no insurance, but evidently have a computer, (or you can go to the library), you owe it to yourself to do your own research, and ferret out the info that resonates with your hubby and you the most. Even if you did have insurance, doctors aren't infallible, yes, we all should be painfully aware of that by now. I can only share personal experiences and I believe that after trying different supplements for my own problems, I can strongly suggest CoQ10 as something that people can take to strengthen their heart and give them energy. One of many extra things I take.

Old 11-10-2011, 06:29 PM
Medium_Laura

also beta blockers are wonderful. Things like Metoprolol that help with anxiety and heart issues. You can always call a pharmacist ( my neighbor is one ), they actually know more about supplements than most doctors do (Doctors usually consult with the pharmacy!)
Old 11-10-2011, 08:29 PM
iolite

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gem
It's basic common sense that a good diet helps, but if you want the best advise see a professional, the people here don't really know much about chronic fatigue.

Mt neice has something like it and she misses a lot of school has aches all over her and looks like death warmed up when she has an 'episode'... and she's had it for some years.

If you're serious, see someone who knows what they're talking about.

I've been suffering from chronic fatigue for more than 15 years. The basis of my chronic fatigue was undiagnosed hypothyroidism. But because I went for so long undiagnosed, my adrenals took a hit. I am now dealing with weak adrenals. So I know a little bit about chronic fatigue. Not only have I been living it for the past 15 years, I've read just about every book out there on the subject. I do know that chronic stress hits the adrenals. In the early stages, the adrenals start pumping out high cortisol making sleeping a full 8 hrs challenging. When I was at my worst, I was waking up every hour. It slowly got better -- I was sleeping in 2 hr stretches -- then 4. It took a long time. Most doctors, don't know diddley about treating chronic fatigue. Most doctors don't even know how to read labs properly, assuming if something is in range that it's ok. They won't even treat adrenal fatigue unless you're dealing with Cushings or Addisons. Here's a really good site on adrenal fatigue. When you start cleaning up the hub's diet (ie cutting out sugar and processed carbs), be sure to give him lots of healthy fats: hormone free butter, milk (cream too if he's not overweight) so his adrenals can manufacture the hormones pregnenolone, dhea, cortisol and its derivatives. Replacing animal fat with vegetable oil is not healthy any way.

Something that folks on the adrenal forum on curezone found helpful was the healing codes. You can download it for free here. I've never used it, but there were several who have and reported good things.
Old 12-10-2011, 03:44 PM
Master
Quote:
The only thing I can find about chronic fatigue is to reduce the stress, but it's his job and it's paying the bills.

I'm going to try to get him to work on his reaction to stress. Nip it in the bud, so to speak.
Hi OnApath. The two comments of yours I quoted above resonated with me. I suffered a severe stress collapse many years ago. It took five years to get back to where I was, but even now I'm not the same and I know I never will be. I cannot for example deal with other peoples' stressful energy, at all.

A couple of things: chronic fatigue and stress illnesses are soul illnesses. They indicate the soul is in need of serious healing. That means doing whatever it takes to allow that healing to unfold. Having a job that pays the bills is not a reason to maintain the status quo. One has to identify ways of changing their life to accomodate the healing that must take place. And that could well mean changing jobs, location and lifestyle.

Also, there is nothing to nip in the bud. One cannot fix a soul illness in the same way people take flu shots in the fall in order to prevent winter sicknesses. One cannot and should not deny what the soul needs and requires. The soul must be freed and allowed to seek whatever healing is needed, now, and in whatever form that healing needs to take. Otherwise the illness will simply get worse. And I can tell you plenty of stories about how bad it gets.

Good luck to you both.

Last edited by Baile : 12-10-2011 at 05:45 PM.
Old 12-10-2011, 05:36 PM
Experiencer

I agree, strangely with everything you said. With regard to the job, I worded it that way to indicate that he is not able to just step away from the stress. He is working on the way he reacts and deals with stress, but it's not something he can just stay away from. He is interviewing for a job next week that will drastically change his life, and ours, which will help him out immensely.

My comment on nipping it in the bud, I do actually mean that. If you don't hold on to the stress and let it affect you, or learn to let it go, it will do more damage than if you just acknowledge it, and go on with your day. I understand what's done is done, but that's in regards to keeping it from getting worse. You can't begin to heal the wounds if you keep tearing them open every day.
Old 12-10-2011, 06:01 PM
Master
Quote:
My comment on nipping it in the bud, I do actually mean that. If you don't hold on to the stress and let it affect you, or learn to let it go, it will do more damage than if you just acknowledge it, and go on with your day. I understand what's done is done, but that's in regards to keeping it from getting worse. You can't begin to heal the wounds if you keep tearing them open every day.
Okay, I hear you. Now again, what I'm trying to put out there as a thought is that soul illnesses are different than physical illnesses, and we cannot simply apply the same rules and logic when it comes to healing the illness. During my stress depression for example, family members would say to me, "Cheer up and try and look the good things you have going in life." Well, I can tell you that's a bit like saying to someone with a stone tied around their waist and who is drowning, "Swim! Just swim!" You can't possibly swim -- you have a rock tied around your middle!

I don't like to bring the word karma into discussions because people have the wrong idea about karma, mostly. But my stress illness was as karmic as it gets. It taught me amazing things about myself, and changed my life completely. And I'm grateful for having gone thru it. But one thing I didn't have to do at the time was "learn to let my stress go" and/or "learn how to not let it affect me." That wasn't part of my karmic lesson and destiny with this illness. On the contrary, in order to undergo my soul healing and transformation, I had to completely release everything I'd ever learned up until then. I had to remove myself from the toxic work environment I was part of, and find a healing locale in which to work on my healing in my own time, space and pace.

It's the logical mind that's in large part responsible for stress depression and illness. Healing the illness requires releasing one's self from those structured patterns of thought and action. Intuition, contemplation and self-reflection is required. That's the way it was in my case anyway.
Old 12-10-2011, 06:01 PM
Master
Quote:
Originally Posted by in progress
Some say a raw food diet helps w/ all of the above. If he eats a lot of processed foods he might want to consider adding more live foods for awhile to see if he feels better. Maybe make one meal a day a fresh organic salad, eat fruit as snacks, something along those lines. It doesn't have to be drastic. If it helps then he can make more adjustments to his diet as he listens to what his body tells him.

I can tell you from experience of being on a strict raw food diet for a year that being on a raw food diet the diet did not prevent fatigue as I was fighting fatigue for a long time.
Old 12-10-2011, 06:04 PM
Master
Quote:
My husband has had stress related sleep issues for so long, that now he's got chronic fatigue, which stresses him out more, thus making the issue worse.

Without being a doctor and making a professional analysis, but I can tell you from experience of personally fighting prolonged fatigue it would seem to be that you know the source of your husband's fatigue. Stress is the culprit in this issue. More so since you say he has stress related sleep issues. It is the stress that is preventing him from having a full restful night of sleep. In turn causing him to be fatigued.
Old 12-10-2011, 06:07 PM
Master
Quote:
He is interviewing for a job next week that will drastically change his life, and ours, which will help him out immensely.
That sounds good, being open to possible major change is exactly correct, and best of luck with whatever happens.
Old 12-10-2011, 07:16 PM
Medium_Laura

I also know your story Onthepath (from our PMs) and I think that a change in careers is necessary for him. :) Tell him we are all pulling for him here.