Spiritual Forums

Home

Donate!

Articles

CHAT!

Shop

Welcome to Spiritual Forums!.

We created this community for people from all backgrounds to discuss Spiritual, Paranormal, Metaphysical, Philosophical, Supernatural, and Esoteric subjects. From Astral Projection to Zen, all topics are welcome. We hope you enjoy your visits.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest, which gives you limited access to most discussions and articles. By joining our free community you will be able to post messages, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own photos, and gain access to our Chat Rooms, Registration is fast, simple, and free, so please, join our community today! !

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, check our FAQs before contacting support. Please read our forum rules, since they are enforced by our volunteer staff. This will help you avoid any infractions and issues.

Go Back   Spiritual Forums > Lifestyle > Health

Old 05-10-2011, 11:16 PM
iolite

Quote:
Originally Posted by Silvergirl
Yep, I've heard of 'em ~ haven't indulged in it myself. I wonder if that sort of therapy would help a cancer patient.

Yes, it is an integral part of the Gerson Anti-Cancer Protocol.
Old 05-10-2011, 11:20 PM
Master
Quote:
Originally Posted by iolite
Yes, it is an integral part of the Gerson Anti-Cancer Protocol.

Do you know the other aspects of this therapy? I've run across so many different berries/fruits, supplements that are supposed to fight cancer. Do most alternative cancer methods include as many of these as they can work in? I recently discovered jujube fruit (looks like a tiny apple) at the local farmer's market 2 weeks ago. You can get them dried or whole. I bought some dried ones and put them in vodka to soak, not a bad little treat at the beginning or end of the day. I think there's something called graviola also. And then there's Chaga, which is a unique type of mushroom ~ I special ordered it from vitacost.com that I believe is supposed to help. plus the old laetril (I believe that's apricot pits).

Old 05-10-2011, 11:27 PM
iolite

I think it involves juicing green veggies and maybe fruits. But other than that, nope..but the info is out on the 'net.
Old 05-10-2011, 11:29 PM
Master
Yep ~ was thinking about Psychoslice's Michelle ~ I believe she's going to go for that alternative. And it seems like everything that's supposed to help cancer also boosts the immune system.

Old 06-10-2011, 12:37 AM
Master
Just One Cup

Just give me my one cup of please. That's all I ask for to get up in the morning. Just one cup. I'm good after that. I promise I won't drink anymore for the rest of the day. But please don't take away my morning fuel.

Blackraven
Old 06-10-2011, 12:44 AM
Master
Where else does caffeine come from - it's not all from coffee after all. I wonder if there are different kinds of caffeine...

Old 06-10-2011, 12:49 AM
Master
All I know is there's a lot less of it in tea and there's some in chocolate...

Old 06-10-2011, 12:53 AM
Master
I thought tea had more caffeine than coffee. Interesting.

Also interesting to note that decaf coffee is not 100% caffeine free - there's just a significantly lesser amount than regular coffee.

Yes, it's in chocolate - so it's either added separately or comes naturally in a cocoa bean.

Maybe it's synthetically created as well.

Yay!

Old 06-10-2011, 01:03 AM
Master
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kaere
I thought tea had more caffeine than coffee. Interesting.

Also interesting to note that decaf coffee is not 100% caffeine free - there's just a significantly lesser amount than regular coffee.

Yes, it's in chocolate - so it's either added separately or comes naturally in a cocoa bean.

Maybe it's synthetically created as well.

Yay!

Kaere & Silvergirl - I just looked up caffeine in chocolate. I have been sneaking a Hersey's milk chocolate bar in the afternoon lately. I guess I'm getting a little more caffeine than I thought.

Caffeine is a stimulant naturally found in cocoa beans as well as in coffee beans and tea. The amount of caffeine present in chocolate and cocoa-based products differs depending on the type and amount of chocolate ingredients. Cocoa powder contains the highest amount of caffeine followed by unsweetened baking chocolate. Dark chocolates will vary considerably in the amount of caffeine.

Most people are surprised to find out that milk chocolate contains relatively low amounts of caffeine. For example, a 1.55 ounce HERSHEY’S milk chocolate bar contains about 12 mg of caffeine – the amount of caffeine in about 3 cups of decaffeinated coffee. A serving of HERSHEY’S chocolate syrup contains about 5 mg of caffeine. These amounts are much less than the amount of caffeine typically found in most coffee, tea, and cola beverages.

The link below has the breakdown of the amount of caffeine in different chocolate bars made by Hershey.

http://www.thehersheycompany.com/nut.../caffeine.aspx

Blackraven
Old 07-10-2011, 03:53 AM
iolite

We learned a long time ago not to let my daughter have chocolate after 4pm otherwise she'd stay up way past her bed time. Even now, on the weekends or during summer break, if she gets something chocolate after dinner, she's awake until midnight or later.