Spiritual Forums

Home

Donate!

Articles

CHAT!

Shop

Welcome to Spiritual Forums!.

We created this community for people from all backgrounds to discuss Spiritual, Paranormal, Metaphysical, Philosophical, Supernatural, and Esoteric subjects. From Astral Projection to Zen, all topics are welcome. We hope you enjoy your visits.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest, which gives you limited access to most discussions and articles. By joining our free community you will be able to post messages, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own photos, and gain access to our Chat Rooms, Registration is fast, simple, and free, so please, join our community today! !

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, check our FAQs before contacting support. Please read our forum rules, since they are enforced by our volunteer staff. This will help you avoid any infractions and issues.

Go Back   Spiritual Forums > Lifestyle > Health

Old 04-10-2011, 12:33 PM
Jason72

Caffeine

By Stephen Cherniske and William Dement.

Caffeine is a major CAUSE of LACK of energy. However, they explain that this drug is so powerful that one
needs to go for three weeks to two months without any caffeine before one notices the difference.

Caffeine is produced by more than eighty species of plants. The reason may well be survival.
As it turns out, caffeine is a biological poison used by plants as a pesticide.

Caffeine is considered harmless simply because it is so widely used. Dr William Dement in his book
"The Promise of Sleep" said that if caffeine was introduced today, it would not be allowed.

"Caffeine is normally excreted within several hours after consumption". In fact, only 1% is excreted.
The remaining 99% has to be detoxified by the liver.
Got any liver problems?
It can take up to 12 hours to detoxify a single cup of coffee.

Many studies regarding coffee and hypertension were flawed, because the test studies came off coffee for only one or two weeks.
It takes many more weeks than this for stress hormone levels of the body to return to normal.

Caffeine puts your body into stress. A single 250 milligram dose of caffeine (the equivalent of about 2.5 six
ounce cups of coffee) has been shown to increase levels of the stress hormone epinephrine (adrenaline) by over 200%.

Stress is a major factor in disorders such as anxiety, insomnia, depression, ulcers, rheumatoid arthritis, headache, hypoglycaemia,
asthma, herpes, hypertension and heart disease. And yet hospitals provide coffee and tea, which put your body into stress!!!

DHEA is our vitality hormone. Decreased levels of DHEA are a cause of increase in aging.
Caffeine consumption leads to DHEA deficiency. Caffeine is an AGING DRUG!

Caffeine disrupts sleep. Deep sleep is CRITICAL to good health. When there's caffeine in your
bloodstream, you are unlikely to experience deep sleep at all!

A single cup of coffee can reduce iron absorption from a meal by as much as 75%.
People do not develop a tolerance to the anxiety-producing effects of caffeine. Rather, people simply become
accustomed to the feelings of stress, irritability and aggressiveness produced by the drug.

Caffeine contributes to depression in well-defined ways. This is particularly due to the withdrawal effect, which can cause
headache, depression and fatigue, even in light users.
Cherniske reported that 90% of people who came to him who suffered from depression and gave
up caffeine completely for 2 months reported that their depression went away!

"Caffeine Blues" by Stephen Cherniske
"The Promise of Sleep" by Dr William Dement

Remember, caffeine increasers the ageing process. It is an AGING DRUG...!
Old 05-10-2011, 01:45 AM
deb

Wow, thanks for sharing this.... it kind of bums me out but if this is the facts then it looks like I've got some changes to make.
Old 05-10-2011, 01:53 AM
Master
Quote:
Caffeine contributes to depression in well-defined ways. This is particularly due to the withdrawal effect, which can cause
headache, depression and fatigue, even in light users.
Cherniske reported that 90% of people who came to him who suffered from depression and gave
up caffeine completely for 2 months reported that their depression went away!

This part has been making news lately as a recent study has shown that woman who consume 4 cups of coffee a day did not have depression as opposed to those who drank one cup or less.

I don't think the other effects of caffeine are worth the supposed benefit of less depression. Such as jitters, anxiety, panic, lack of sleep, heart murmurs.
Old 05-10-2011, 02:01 AM
Master
Did you know they add caffeine to such otc drugs as Pamprin and Midol to help fight premenstrual "irritability". There are several people in this town I live in who owe their very lives to the fact that it works for me.

I haven't noticed what happens afterwards though - food for thought, I'll make note of how I feel after the fact.

Old 05-10-2011, 02:03 AM
Guide
I've switched to decaf two months ago. . am I good now?

I've got to say though, I doesn't hit the spot the way the Moccona used to LOL

Prosperity is a state of mind and soul
Old 05-10-2011, 02:10 AM
Master
Quote:
Originally Posted by ellespirit
I've switched to decaf two months ago. . am I good now?

I've got to say though, I doesn't hit the spot the way the Moccona used to LOL

I never understood the concept of decaf coffee. Doesn't it kind of defeat the purpose of coffee? Do people really like the taste of coffee that much to drink decaf?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kaere
Did you know they add caffeine to such otc drugs as Pamprin and Midol to help fight premenstrual "irritability". There are several people in this town I live in who owe their very lives to the fact that it works for me.

I'm sorry but this makes me laugh...

It's good to know that the town you live in owe their very lives to the fact that Midol and Pamprin help you fight premenstrual irritability.
Old 05-10-2011, 02:50 AM
Master
I enjoy my couple of cups of coffee per day, I think it stimulates my liver, brain and keeps me at top peak, now if you drink too much that's another story, yes enjoy your coffee guilt free just like me, hey that rhymes lol.
Old 05-10-2011, 02:55 AM
Master
Coffee is proof that there IS a God.
Old 05-10-2011, 05:01 AM
mattie

Faster Working

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kaere
Did you know they add caffeine to such otc drugs as Pamprin and Midol to help fight premenstrual "irritability". ...

Caffeine is also in Excedrin.

The caffeine helps the ingredients work more effeciently.

http://my.clevelandclinic.org/disord..._headache.aspx
Old 05-10-2011, 05:07 AM
Master
Quote:
Originally Posted by mattie
Caffeine is also in Excedrin.

The caffeine helps the ingredients work more effeciently.

http://my.clevelandclinic.org/disord..._headache.aspx

I've known this for a long time. My doc wants me to take aspirin everyday for my heart but there is such a thing as too much because it can damage the liver.