Spiritual Forums

Home

Donate!

Articles

CHAT!

Shop

Welcome to Spiritual Forums!.

We created this community for people from all backgrounds to discuss Spiritual, Paranormal, Metaphysical, Philosophical, Supernatural, and Esoteric subjects. From Astral Projection to Zen, all topics are welcome. We hope you enjoy your visits.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest, which gives you limited access to most discussions and articles. By joining our free community you will be able to post messages, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own photos, and gain access to our Chat Rooms, Registration is fast, simple, and free, so please, join our community today! !

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, check our FAQs before contacting support. Please read our forum rules, since they are enforced by our volunteer staff. This will help you avoid any infractions and issues.

Go Back   Spiritual Forums > Lifestyle > Health

Old 30-09-2011, 02:29 PM
Sungirl

meds possibly discontinued

My mum is struggling to get hold of meds that she needs. They are writing prescriptions but the pharmacies can't get them.

We're in the UK...

Does anyone know how I would go about finding out what is going on? Is there a website I can look at?

Mum needs these, she has been on them for years and they are the only ones they found that she could live with the side affects. They have put her on something else, and will keep trying meds till they find one, but it would be good to know if this is a glitch or if they aren't going to be making it any more...
Old 30-09-2011, 02:42 PM
iolite

Have you tried ordering them from Canadian pharmacies or other european pharmacies that are closer geographically? You'll probably have to pay more out of pocket, but overseas pharmacies can fill them. I live in the US and order my thyroid meds from Canada. Only drawback... it can take 3-4 weeks to get them but usually only takes 7-10 days. I get it filled at Universal Drugstore. You also might try pharmacies in India.
Old 30-09-2011, 04:00 PM
Sungirl

are they safe and legal? I'm always worried that you won't know what you are getting and the you are breaking the law :( I know she definitely would.
Old 30-09-2011, 04:19 PM
scorpiowitch66

Hi Sungirl,

I heard on the news this past week that there is a drug shortage, at least here in the US...It seems pharmaceutical companies are not making drugs that are not as profitable as others and docs are having to replace them with less effective drugs... Hopefully that is not the case with your mom's prescription..
Old 30-09-2011, 04:53 PM
Sungirl

wouldn't surprise me :(
Old 30-09-2011, 06:38 PM
iolite

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sungirl
are they safe and legal? I'm always worried that you won't know what you are getting and the you are breaking the law :( I know she definitely would.

Yes, they are safe. I know there are people who order from Indian Pharmacies to get naltrexone and dissolve the tablets in water to get low doses of it for autoimmune diseases like MS. If have any qualms about Indian Pharmacies, then order from Canadian Pharmacies. I order my thyroid meds in lots of 500 tablets and get the sealed bottle that they order from Erfa. I have absolutely now qualms about ordering other meds from the pharmacy in Canada, if I could not get it locally. The whole reason why I started getting it from Canada in the first place is there was a shortage of Armour Thyroid and NO ONE could get it. Forest Labs recalled batches and then reformulated it and none was available for months. The reformulated Armour has fillers that my body doesn't like and the Erfa is just like the old Armour. So, I order it from Canada since it is not available in the US.