Spiritual Forums

Home

Donate!

Articles

CHAT!

Shop

Welcome to Spiritual Forums!.

We created this community for people from all backgrounds to discuss Spiritual, Paranormal, Metaphysical, Philosophical, Supernatural, and Esoteric subjects. From Astral Projection to Zen, all topics are welcome. We hope you enjoy your visits.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest, which gives you limited access to most discussions and articles. By joining our free community you will be able to post messages, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own photos, and gain access to our Chat Rooms, Registration is fast, simple, and free, so please, join our community today! !

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, check our FAQs before contacting support. Please read our forum rules, since they are enforced by our volunteer staff. This will help you avoid any infractions and issues.

Go Back   Spiritual Forums > Lifestyle > Health

Old 14-09-2011, 04:53 AM
Enlightener

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lazarus72
Hey E-man, I think Norsey might be casting aspersions on the strength of ya VB and Toohey's New mate, lol

I don't have a particular spiritual angle on this btw but I understand there's a book written by Alan Carr that loads a people rate up when quitting.

Thanks Lazarus, I've used the Allan Carr book, and it did work, for six months lol, then went back to it. I'm not sure if that was because I smoked a certain something that was mixed with tobacco, and then the withdrawal from that kicked in, but that's my best bet.

And, yeah, Cats urine probably tastes somewhat better than our beer
Old 14-09-2011, 04:54 AM
Enlightener

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kaere
Points, pfft

The advice that I would give you would be to be a little kinder to yourself while you're working on quitting. You seem to think that not smoking for three hours wasn't a big deal... but I see it that yes, it was a giant deal! How many smokes was it that you DIDN'T smoke in that time period? Give yourself a gold star for each one, don't take them away like they didn't exist in the first place it isn't all or nothing, cold turkey is hard to do. See the positive in what you're doing and build on that.

Would you tell someone learning the guitar that all their hard work over three hours was nothing special because they messed up the last chord?

thanks Kaere, that's a good point :)
Old 14-09-2011, 04:56 AM
Enlightener

Quote:
Originally Posted by not human
Hi e man he first thing is that the reason for quitting needs to be 100% 3 D to you. Mine was not so much health or finances but more to do about addiction and attachment. I was kind of forced into it as a result of my path.
The Alan Carr method is a very good resource tool to quit, you can get the book, audio cd or attend counselling. They work on rewiring the brain in regards to changing your habit and the results are impressive. Squatchit also gave up using this method.
If you want to take the easy road there is a drug out now ( not zyban ) that you would need to see the GP for ( sorry I forgot the name ) but it has a 3 month course. What it does is tap into the brain and suppress the receptors that are stimulated by nicotine. I know a lot of people that swear by this method as it takes away a lot of the withdrawel
symptoms.
Whatever way you go all the best pal and just remember as an incentive that giving up smoking adds 4 inches to your penis size

Champix e man Champix is the name of the drug. Apart from growing a tail........ few side effects and no psyhcoactive side effects

HAHAHAHAHAHAHA omg, you are too funny NH!

My reason is similar, not health or finances, but more to do with my spiritual path.

Not taking any pharmaceuticals, but thanks anyway.
Old 14-09-2011, 05:24 AM
mattie

Choosing How Your Life Will Play Out

You can wait until you’ve destroyed your health, had a heart attack, or had a heart event serious enough to catch your attention & merit a bypass, if you choose.

I’ve known several people who carved 20 years off of what should have been their normal life span w/ the results of heavy smoking. Surely you’ve read the health information, so it seems pointless to mention these issues. See your self in the future in a wheelchair w/ an oxygen unit when others your age are still mobile & enjoying their golden years.
You will decide what you want to do w/ your life. We write our own script.

It might be useful to use internal detox cleanses. While these may not be a traditional stop smoking tactic it makes sense that if one can help remove the nicotine from the body that it will lessen the cravings. These would be like Renew Life’s CleanseSmart.

EFT can be a very powerful energy medicine tool. The free information in the below link is more than sufficient.

http://www.eftuniverse.com/index.php...11&It emid=14

Instead of cataloguing how many times you’ve failed at stopping, shift to look at this as building resolve. See the next time as successful.

A friend stopped when they entered a program that has them put the used cigarette butts in a quart jar w/ a screw top lid & enough water to barely cover the cigarettes. Whenever they wanted a cigarette, they took a big whiff from the jar.
Old 14-09-2011, 07:11 AM
Master
"A friend stopped when they entered a program that has them put the used cigarette butts in a quart jar w/ a screw top lid & enough water to barely cover the cigarettes. Whenever they wanted a cigarette, they took a big whiff from the jar."

Very good, mattie ! But I would stick a label on the jar saying - "this is the smell of my breath, my clothes, my house, etc"
Old 14-09-2011, 10:11 AM
Master
The last person that I personally knew who died of lung cancer because he smoked 4 packs a day. I don't know anybody anymore who smokes anywhere near that much. Heavy smokers are becoming less common in my part of the world, anyway. I was dating his son, the 13th of 14 kids! No wonder, ****!

Old 14-09-2011, 10:52 AM
Master
Smoking, i could never understand it, could never understand why would anyone stick a piece of **** in their mouth and suck on it, and in most cases until it kills them, smoking, I could never work it out.
Old 15-09-2011, 10:51 AM
Master
Quote:
Originally Posted by Enlightener
So I'm in the business of quitting smoking, as you do
On one hand I absolutely LOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOVE smoking
I just tried quitting as of about three hours ago
I'm not the most disciplined person in the world
Hi EL. I quoted the above to highlight the fact that you haven't committed to anything. You are first in, then you're out, then back in, then out again!

Make the decision that you're not smoking anymore, and then get on with your new life.

Once you're decided you're no longer smoking, don't talk about how much you loved it in the past. That "you" doesn't exist anymore at that point. Commit to the new you, the non-smoker you. Honor that new you by not even thinking about smoking. Banish those thoughts from your mind the moment they pop into your head. They're unwanted and unneeded, and treat them as such. Quitting smoking, like quitting alcohol and recreational drugs, is a matter of commitment. I quit all three decades ago now. Make the decision and then live it. And enjoy your health and your new life, and scream and shout and be proud of yourself for it.
Old 15-09-2011, 11:45 AM
Master
It sounds like Baile has a really good point there. It's not so much discipline as it is having made up one's mind they SEE the benefit and are anticipating the WELCOME changes one knows will occur when they let the unwanted, unhealthy habit go...

Old 15-09-2011, 12:41 PM
Master
Quote:
Originally Posted by Silvergirl
It sounds like Baile has a really good point there. It's not so much discipline as it is having made up one's mind they SEE the benefit and are anticipating the WELCOME changes one knows will occur when they let the unwanted, unhealthy habit go...
Yes Silvergirl, that's it exactly. As this is a spiritual forum, it's appropriate to mention that the inspiration behind will power and commitment can take the form of an authentic soul awakening. I've had the experience several times. When I quit smoking for example, I recall the exact place and time that transformation took place. I had taken a puff, looked down at this smoking cig burning between my fingers, and suddenly felt a rush of both disgust and soul relief. I knew in that instant that "being a smoker" wasn't who I was or who I was meant to be. I butted the cig out and that was that, and have never smoked since.

I'm mentioning all this to say I understand and emphasize when people say they can't quit. I've been there as well. I suppose what I'm trying to get across in my own way is that there are powerful soul responses to be considered that have a much greater impact on our ability to rise above our struggles with addictions and unwanted habits.