Spiritual Forums

Home

Donate!

Articles

CHAT!

Shop

Welcome to Spiritual Forums!.

We created this community for people from all backgrounds to discuss Spiritual, Paranormal, Metaphysical, Philosophical, Supernatural, and Esoteric subjects. From Astral Projection to Zen, all topics are welcome. We hope you enjoy your visits.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest, which gives you limited access to most discussions and articles. By joining our free community you will be able to post messages, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own photos, and gain access to our Chat Rooms, Registration is fast, simple, and free, so please, join our community today! !

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, check our FAQs before contacting support. Please read our forum rules, since they are enforced by our volunteer staff. This will help you avoid any infractions and issues.

Go Back   Spiritual Forums > Lifestyle > Health

Old 16-08-2011, 07:40 AM
Master

You are doing well. There are days when it is harder not to resist not to eat chocolate. I can relate to you. I have been there. I would go to the supermarket and buy a block of chocolate and a packet of marshmellows and a few other sweet things as well. I would finish it off within a few days. Thank goodness I do not do that anymore. If I get in one of those sugar moods I might have a handful of raisons or almonds. That will keep me on track and then I will wait for lunch.
I rarely crave for sugar now. I am very used to eating healthy food and when I have something sweet when I have finished eating it, I think why did I eat that. I would rather eat something healthy or have nothing at all.
Good luck, just keep persevering and you will get there. It just takes time.
Old 25-08-2011, 05:23 AM
Experiencer
Location: Adelaide, Australia - but born and bred in Ireland:)
It is the middle of week 3 - week 2 was really tough, I was miserable and short tempered, but I didn't give in. So far I've lost 3.5kg - I would have liked to see my weight come down quicker, but I guess that's life. This week has been better and I'm starting to feel I'm over the worst of it.

My mum is coming to visit us just after Christmas, so I've set myself a new target. I have approximately 25kg to loose to be at my perfect weight and mum will be here in 18 weeks - so the target is to loose 1kg per week with the hopes of loosing a bit more on the side. Healthy weight loss is between 1 - 1.5 kg per week, so it is a reasonable target.

To reach my target, I am maintaining my low GI diet, but also counting calories, keeping to about 1200 calories per day. My life at the moment is fairly sedentary so that should be sufficient. I am exercising every day and have even started jogging. Well, I walk a bit then jog a bit then walk some more - eventually my fitness will improve and I will go for proper runs.

I am a little nervous, approaching weeks 4 and 5 of my new eating plan. Apparently, most new healthy lifestyles fail during these weeks - so I'll have to stay focused...
Old 15-09-2011, 10:47 AM
Experiencer
It is now week, erm, 5 I think - I've lost count!

Basically, my new healthy regime is now just routine - I don't think so much about it anymore, which is great.

So far I have lost 5kg (about 10lbs) and I am steadily losing about .5kg a week. I hope to up that a bit, so I have been doing more exercise - my lovely hubbie has been doing strength training with me, because I haven't got the motivation to do it by myself.
My stomach, where I carry most of my weight has reduced from 45inches to 38inches and I have lost a total of about 17 inches all together and dropped a dress size.

More importantly than all that, my depression is completely gone - I haven't had a down day since the first week I started. I would highly recommend anyone that suffers from mild depression to try cutting out sugar and refined carbs from their diet.

My body image has improved greatly too - even though I still have 20kg to lose, I look in the mirror and see the things that I like, rather than those that I don't and I'm looking forward to buying myself all new clothes when I reach my goal weight! I have even been planning a night out dancing with my girlfriends, which I would never do before because I've been so self conscious and depressed.

It really has changed my life...
Old 15-09-2011, 11:00 AM
Master
Asrais - wow, this is really inspiring! Keep it up!
Old 15-09-2011, 11:31 AM
Master
This is seriously out of my depth. I've only ever had to struggle to put on weight. I dont have a sugar addiction but, like us all, i have other addictions.
This post isnt going anywhere and doesnt help you at all. I just know that addictions are never an easy thing to deal with.
Old 12-10-2011, 11:48 PM
Experiencer
Almost the end of week 9. I've lost 9kg and over 64cm altogether from my bust, waist, hips and tummy.

I'm still not where I want to be, probably another 15kg to go, but I am steadily loosing about 1kg a week - I have slow weeks, where I loose only a little, but it averages out at 1 a week. Its good steady weightloss, so hopefully it will stay off.

I think I am over the hurdle of the sugar addiction - if I see a sugar snack while I'm out, I still want it, but the though of reversing all my hard work is more than enough to convince me it's not worth it! I have been out to lunch a few times and have mananged to stick to my heathy eating - this is something I have been worried about, because with my mum coming to visit at Christmas, I will have to eat out more often - she loves coffee shops, eats lots of cake and never gains weight. I'll be ok though, I refuse to go back to the sluggish, depressed, fat old me and no piece of cake will convince me otherwise!!