Spiritual Forums

Home

Donate!

Articles

CHAT!

Shop

Welcome to Spiritual Forums!.

We created this community for people from all backgrounds to discuss Spiritual, Paranormal, Metaphysical, Philosophical, Supernatural, and Esoteric subjects. From Astral Projection to Zen, all topics are welcome. We hope you enjoy your visits.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest, which gives you limited access to most discussions and articles. By joining our free community you will be able to post messages, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own photos, and gain access to our Chat Rooms, Registration is fast, simple, and free, so please, join our community today! !

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, check our FAQs before contacting support. Please read our forum rules, since they are enforced by our volunteer staff. This will help you avoid any infractions and issues.

Go Back   Spiritual Forums > Spirituality & Beliefs > Death & The Afterlife

Old 27-04-2013, 12:35 PM
SpiritOfTheVoid

Wink Pre-Arrange Your Life?

There have been hypnotic regressions that refer to individuals planning their life before reincarnation. Some view it as a large school or institute during the intermediate state. (Life Before Life, for example)
As the Universe is of a mental nature, I personally think that the representation of the afterlife may differ for each individual, dependent upon expectations and belief-structure.
What are your opinions?
Old 28-04-2013, 01:35 PM
Myself086

The reason for this is to make you as comfortable as possible.
Because the world is of mental nature. Everything has a good reason to exist as it is.
Old 29-04-2013, 10:55 AM
mac

Quote:
Originally Posted by SpiritOfTheVoid
There have been hypnotic regressions that refer to individuals planning their life before reincarnation. Some view it as a large school or institute during the intermediate state. (Life Before Life, for example)
As the Universe is of a mental nature, I personally think that the representation of the afterlife may differ for each individual, dependent upon expectations and belief-structure.
What are your opinions?

Sometimes that may be so but at others we've learned that some who when in-the-body held firm beliefs about life beyond have been shocked at how wrong they were.

For them it appears their human "belief-structure" was totally at odds with what they encountered in their new lives.

There are many misconceptions about how the next dimension(s) are illusory and/or 'mental' notions.
Old 29-04-2013, 09:52 PM
LadyImpreza1111

Thats exactly how I view life. We are here to learn. We plan the lesons we are here to learn beforehand. On earth, we alternate between being the teacher and student to different people.
Old 30-04-2013, 11:52 AM
Knower

The after-life, heaven, is perfect- however we define perfect. Alice Sebold wrote a lovely story about the after-life in The Lovely Bones.
But when after-life becomes pre-life, it seems a common idea that you plan your life with regards to the future of yourself and the world, with your spirit guides, and you try to fulfil these plans after rebirth.
Old 01-05-2013, 12:33 AM
Master
Since awakening I've not much left in the 'belief department'. What I have instead are personal experiences and a whole lot of 'I don't know".
Part of my awakening blew away pretty much every belief structure I ever had and much of what we believe in scientifically and logically was left in shredded tatters based a multitude of experiences were 'impossible by the rules of those former mental constructs.
There is more than meets the eye here. Much much more.
Old 01-05-2013, 01:38 AM
primrose

I tend to believe that we know what we are being born into. It really does seem to explain why there is so much inequality in our lifetimes.
Old 01-05-2013, 03:01 PM
StephenK

Quote:
Originally Posted by CrystalSong
Since awakening I've not much left in the 'belief department'. What I have instead are personal experiences and a whole lot of 'I don't know".
Part of my awakening blew away pretty much every belief structure I ever had and much of what we believe in scientifically and logically was left in shredded tatters based a multitude of experiences were 'impossible by the rules of those former mental constructs.
There is more than meets the eye here. Much much more.
Exactly...!

I was shaken awake by an old man in a roughly 5 second exchange (physical time but "endless" in regards to what transpired) around 40 years ago. The base take-away, then and since, is that "nothing" is as it seems.... that "belief" is an influence, but is not necessary, nor overly relevant... and that our soul does what it does in respect to it's needs, while our "conditioning" is simply a by-product of this process...

To "awaken" while physical is to essentially "die" before our body experiences physical death. And to "awaken" is to experience a conundrum of a most awkward order, in essence, you ~intuitively~ live "outside the box"... while still physically living, oriented, daily-responsive to the continual stimulus that is generated by physically existing while still "inside the box".

Now you have to somehow align and mitigate the two.... with there being very few overlaps to work with. Our spiritual nature is quite different from our physical presence... our physical presence is rich with consistent and updated impressions, while our spiritual orientation comes in periodic-pulses, intuitive suggestions, with sometimes sharp-alignments with pure insight...

When people ask for "enlightenment" they're really asking for a hand-full... the "real thing" is deeply intense.... the real thing doesn't have may equivalents among cultural templates, and the real thing is open-ended to "all".

So the good news is that you've awakened.... the awkward news is that you've awakened... the challenging news is that you've awakened.... the challenges are not resolved when we awaken from the "iron grip" of our earlier conditioning, in many way's our "challenges" are made far-more intense... resolving the two is a leap-off-a-cliff.... at which point we'd better learn how to fly...! :^)
Old 15-05-2013, 05:09 AM
jaydonc

right

Quote:
Originally Posted by Myself086
The reason for this is to make you as comfortable as possible.
Because the world is of mental nature. Everything has a good reason to exist as it is.

Absolutely right everything happen because of a reason.
Old 15-05-2013, 08:29 AM
Master
Quote:
Originally Posted by SpiritOfTheVoid
What are your opinions?

I firmly believe (know actually within myself) that this is true.....we plan and map out our lifetime with different possible scenario's......and once we're born we forget (as it should be) and live that life and hopefully, choose a path of light to fulfil this life, hopefully we can do it in this lifetime, and learn the lessons we hope to.......

Then, find our way back home again...with a deeper understanding of what love truly is.......
Duality of being a human being allows us to experience different lifestyles, situations, etc....we may even choose different roles in our lifetime for the benefit of another souls' learning experience, and/or to be a 'bad' guy (so to speak) to allow another soul to experience certain types of lives and emotions and pain and love etc... in agreement with that soul.....much like a stage or movie production....we're kind of like acting out what we as pure spirit would want in the theatre of life as a human being......

But, i don't believe all 'bad' guys are beings of light.....that there is 'bad' things( my idea of bad things, i know some don't think there are such things) out there, that interfere in our plan at times.

And, I also believe that we can choose to leave at certain intervals, if our life plan hasn't gone to plan so to speak, and we're not learning in a way that is beneficial to us in this lifetime.
I think we have opt out points in our lifetime that we can choose to take or not.....its very complex.....