Spiritual Forums

Home

Donate!

Articles

CHAT!

Shop

Welcome to Spiritual Forums!.

We created this community for people from all backgrounds to discuss Spiritual, Paranormal, Metaphysical, Philosophical, Supernatural, and Esoteric subjects. From Astral Projection to Zen, all topics are welcome. We hope you enjoy your visits.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest, which gives you limited access to most discussions and articles. By joining our free community you will be able to post messages, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own photos, and gain access to our Chat Rooms, Registration is fast, simple, and free, so please, join our community today! !

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, check our FAQs before contacting support. Please read our forum rules, since they are enforced by our volunteer staff. This will help you avoid any infractions and issues.

Go Back   Spiritual Forums > Spirituality & Beliefs > Spirituality

Old 21-04-2014, 12:55 PM
Newbie ;)
Master
Book1 Spirit-1 = Intention

Look in various dictionary's for word spirit and you perhaps find more definitions for that word than any other word in dictionary, except maybe soul .

Go figure eh

Spirit-1 is metaphysical-1 of intention. Our highest spiritual intentions begin with the integral support of self, then family, then local community, then global community etc....and all of these include the integral support of the environmental ecology that sustains all biologicals/souls here on Earth.

This is both old age and new age, spiritual values that are based on rationally logical common sense. imho.

Religion is a practice that we do religously every day to help us continue on the pathway of spiritual goals.

Breathing is step #1 number on our list of spiritually religous practice and conscious breating is good one to have in our spiritual tool box, to grab or practice when needed.

IN yoga it is called prana aka life force.

When we are born, I presume our first action is to breah in i.e. to become inspirited with air / oxygen. Without this first inspiriting breath we do not live as and individual spirit and soul/biolgoical.

The 2nd action is to expire to send the spirit back out as as differrent gas.

This is a form of inside-outing and expansion-contraction and both of these two of the six fundamental motions of Universe.

Time = motion / frequency / change / spirit etc.....

Think of the cartesan corrdinate system XYZ as time i.e. XYZ-time where XY and Z share a common nodal vertexial event we lable as 'o'.

Now think of a triangle that is formed by the connection of the three ends of XY and Z. Now we have 3D tetra(4)hedron and you can see this particular kind of tetra(4)hedron--trirectangluar, at this following link.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Trirectangular_tetrahedron

Now envision the shared nodal vertexial event 'o' as oxygen and the triangle diametrically opposite as a mouth / openin of a biological.

So when the 'o' travels on a trjectory through the opening it is leaving one system and entering into another system as oxygen.

Then it does a little chemical transformation and comes back out through the triangle opening / mouth as differrent chemical / molecule.

Inspirited as oxygen - outspirited as something else.

r6
Old 21-04-2014, 01:22 PM
Stillness_Speaks

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lorelyen
The New Age is an awakening.
Maybe so to some extent. As you said, it's in our nature to strive. And I often see the same old striving and desires. Only with a different twist. Other words and other activities. But still it is mostly about more. More. Even more. Better. Higher. Faster. But does it create more than a transient happiness? For me, awakening is something else. In other words, I can not see that spiritual "materialism" should be better for us than the usual materialism.
Old 21-04-2014, 02:48 PM
Master

Quote:
Originally Posted by Niebla0007
I
I think I pretty much made myself clear, too that it doesn't really matter to me what others' religions are.
But I won't deny that I find something like the witch burnings or killing in the name of the Lord/God of the past pretty unforgivable/unpalatable.
It is not so much as making an enemy of religion for me -
but rather just expressing myself in how and what being spiritual but not religious means to me,
that I would rather be free to keep moving on forward (or join where I find something in common).
Religious as it sounds like, means one must be devoted & be subjected under certain belief system and follow the system.
It is also a matter of knowing where I just can not go back to, that
-I just can't go back into roman catholic church,
at the phase of fervently praying for salvation and trusting the church to contribute to the said salvation from eternal fire of hell/damnation by such a wrathful god
and be still so in fear of demons,
while looking up at the pope as the holy man next to God. That I would never say the pope is just another old man, human like you and me.
I mean no offence, and won't deny that quite a bit of the self discipline and some of spiritual knowledge I as well identify with stemmed from the catholic church after all
so, I'm at the same time grateful and respect those priests & clerics who devoted their time getting and keeping them together if not for the general public's use.
-I also just can't go back into deliriously trying to achieve trance to channel the Holy spirit to speak foreign tongues and do faith healing with my biological brothers at the Christian fellowships
(while thinking everybody who channel other beings is the work of the devil who deserve nothing else than exorcism and are going to hell)
and hanging on every word of the bible, being as the only holy book of God nor question it's making,
or into thinking that every other sinners and especially those who do not belong to the same faith/religion will literally go and burn in eternal hell
and think I probably would, too - seeing I tend to also sin one way or another.
-and despite of finding wisdom in words of some sufis,
& knowing that some of my ancestors were muslims before being converted into Christianity, I know that I'd just never buy into the belief system of Islam.
It is not because I think of it as below my faith,
It is simply because of my Christian background.
That much at least, I know, and it is not about some spiritual ego.
It's all religion and people are all human. If you were in their same position you would do the same things that you condemn in others because we're all human. Christianity is no better or worse than New Age religion, people just take sides and condemn the other because we have hate in us that we try to hide. What's better is facing our own hate instead of acting like we don't have it, then we can actually do something about it and deal with it, instead of having it slyly come out against Christianity or fundamentalism or whatever we hate and then justifying ourselves. That's not dealing with the hate, it just perpetuates it.

Last edited by Seawolf : 21-04-2014 at 05:49 PM.
Old 24-04-2014, 01:13 PM
Niebla0007

The purpose of 'new age' spirituality

Quote:
It's all religion and people are all human.
I don't get how that clashes with me saying how "it doesn't really matter to me what others' religions are" and my meaning of one does not have to be of any New Age religion.
Quote:
If you were in their same position you would do the same things that you condemn in others because we're all human.
I thought I pointed out enough where I just can not go back to,
and that is not out of condemning others - but points of having been there before (not what "I would do if I were in their same position",
and certainly not that I do not understand where they stand at)
Quote:
What's better is facing our own hate instead of acting like we don't have it, then we can actually do something about it and deal with it, instead of having it slyly come out against Christianity or fundamentalism or whatever we hate and then justifying ourselves.
Someone can easily take this as hypocrite/cy innuendo.
Must someone base her/his state of spirituality which I think is the topic of the thread on hate/hang-ups?
Isn't it enough for someone to know where she/he is at for an answer?
of knowing what someone can & can not accept,
do not & do believe?
I simply responded and gave my opinion about the issue of "spiritual ego",
there is no need and it is not for "justifying myself" as such anyway.
Old 24-04-2014, 01:48 PM
R6YALFITZ

Your only as strong as your weakest link so for this 'new age' its just the beginning. Humanity has a long way to go to fully reach this new idea per say and for the individual; the journey never stops once you start
Old 26-04-2014, 01:48 PM
Newbie ;)
Master
Book1

Quote:
r6r6r--} Spirit-1 is metaphysical-1 of intention. Our highest spiritual intentions begin with the integral support of self, then family, then local community, then global community etc....and all of these include the integral support of the environmental ecology that sustains all biologicals/souls here on Earth.
This is both old age and new age, spiritual values that are based on rationally logical common sense. imho.

Make new 'sense' but keep the old, one is silver, and the other is gold...sung to the tune make new friends but keep the old, one is silver an the other is gold

Universe / God{ ess }
The Great Mama
The Great Spirit
The Cosmos
The Great Illusion etc....

Love embraces-- see triangle{ closed } -- in ways that are similar to ways that gravity embrace all fermionic and bosonic particles.

Love radiates--- Y{ open-like triagnle set --- in ways that are similar to di-polar or is bi-polar, EMRadiation.

Uni = one and one is at a minimum a dualistic twoness. imho

Our finite Universe has not other as reference point. At best, our Universe may have two primary aspects of left and right skew that are tangentally connected.

Ex OO or as OSO or as OZO or as O|O.

r6

Ex
Old 29-04-2014, 11:28 AM
Master
Quote:
Originally Posted by Seawolf
It's all religion and people are all human. If you were in their same position you would do the same things that you condemn in others because we're all human. Christianity is no better or worse than New Age religion.
The problem is people toss the words new age into the conversation, when in fact new age has nothing to do with the question of religion versus spirituality. New age is a modern phenomenon. Religion and spirituality are as old as the human race. There's a very easy way to explain the difference between religion and spirituality, and all one needs is a dictionary. Religion is the adherence to a specific set of beliefs and tenets, whereas spirituality is an individual-specific path of spirit and self-discovery. Spirituality can turn into a religion for people and, when it does, it is no better or worse than Christianity or any other religion, I agree.

Last edited by Baile : 29-04-2014 at 02:06 PM.
Old 30-04-2014, 02:53 PM
Lorelyen

I suppose what's good is that the New Age probably reflects the move to the age of Horus and the opening of spirituality to anyone, inasmuch as until mid-last century, orthodox churches insisted they took care of people's spirituality and it was not for the individual to question. You were a heretic to do so! (The Witchcraft Act was repealed in the UK in 1958 IIRC) Now the individual is empowered to take responsibility, should they choose, and the relative silence maintained by churches over ancient and formerly 'heretic' systems has been shafted. Plus, globalisation has allowed practices worldwide to be available to the non-scholar. What would once fall under ethnomethodology now appears as approachable text.

Such a change unfortunately brings a few awakeners fancying themselves as gurus. There's a lot of B/S about. There's money to be made from (in some cases) the vulnerable looking for answers. But it has raised awareness and the real seekers (the ones wishing for spiritual growth) will develop beyond their initial foray.

Old 30-04-2014, 04:20 PM
StaroftheSea

If I may "post" while time is limited and on my way out of SF...

Most by now would know that I believe, Love and Trust in my Spirit-ual Higher Power "Jesus/God/The Holy Spirit" in whom postings are lumped or categorized or boxed into the Christ-ianity Thread.

Having said that, to me, the entity "Spirit" or "Spirit-uality" has the connotation of being "a continuation of Life - experiential and spiritual - beyond this world after death.

Therefore, an individual seeking to know more about their own spirit-uality ie their "Spirit" and the Source of one's own "Spirit/Soul" would be quite naturally drawn to "Spirit-uality" Forums.

Now, is this our mind or our "Spirit/Soul" within us, that leads us to "Spirit-uality" Forums OR is it our Creator whom leads us to "Spirit-uality" Forums? Why is it at particular times during our Lives when this occurs?

What? Just randomly? Or when we have lost a Loved One? Or when we are suffering greatly during our Lives? Or is it when we are completely happy, joyous, elated during Life during our Life and Soul journey?

If we think "Spirit and Spirit-uality" for whatever the reason or time during our Lives and back track to the time when we first joined or commenced looking into Spirit and Spirit-uality; one should be able to identify clearly WHOM either planted the seed of seeking Spirit and/or wanting to know more about our own Spirit and Spirit-uality at that time during our lives.

Our Heavenly Mother Mary says at 2:11

"Further, My Children, there is only ONE Spirit. The Holy Spirit exists in every person through My Son Jesus Christ your Saviour of whom is in ONE in being with The Father (GOD). You My Children are being misled by satan, in thinking that there are other gods before My Son Jesus your Saviour. Follow Jesus My Son your Saviour's ways before it is too late My Children".

"That is all".
Old 30-04-2014, 06:29 PM
Mazulu

Spirituality is about the development of the spirit, which everyone has. Don't let neuroscience take that away from you because I assure you, they are trying very hard to make you believe that you don't have a soul. It is about exerting power and control over you.