Spiritual Forums

Home

Donate!

Articles

CHAT!

Shop

Welcome to Spiritual Forums!.

We created this community for people from all backgrounds to discuss Spiritual, Paranormal, Metaphysical, Philosophical, Supernatural, and Esoteric subjects. From Astral Projection to Zen, all topics are welcome. We hope you enjoy your visits.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest, which gives you limited access to most discussions and articles. By joining our free community you will be able to post messages, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own photos, and gain access to our Chat Rooms, Registration is fast, simple, and free, so please, join our community today! !

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, check our FAQs before contacting support. Please read our forum rules, since they are enforced by our volunteer staff. This will help you avoid any infractions and issues.

Go Back   Spiritual Forums > Religions & Faiths > Christianity

Old 06-07-2012, 11:15 PM
Mind's Eye

Quote:
Originally Posted by Morpheus
MJ, you may be taking what you quoted out of context, and, you ought to cite chapter and verse?

Meanwhile, I don't mean to state that wew are talking about, "Zombies", in classic fashion. It is the label the various media is using, but, nevertheless the crimes are actual, and if they are not demonic, then what?

MindsEye, I think they can run.

Anyway just more signs of the times.

You gotta shoot em's in the head...
Old 08-07-2012, 01:56 PM
ciel_perdu

I like what an earlier poster posted about the mark of the beast. Specifically that the prophecy says that there will come a time when no one can buy or sell without a mark in their right hand or forehead. Obviously, this has not happened at any point in the past, and it's not happening now, but it is coming.

There are night clubs in Europe where V.I.P guests can pay to have a micro-chip implanted in their arm, which they use in lieu of cash. They scan the chip and they pay for their drinks, admission, etc. When they are entering the nightclub, and they are paying for their admission, their ID and details come up on the screen.

This is where money is evolving towards. Cash is slowly being phased out. That chip will most likely have your passport on it, your drivers license on it, medical records (which is already being done in the U.S), and other forms of ID, but most importantly, it is what will be used to BUY and to SELL. Without it, you won't be able to do both.

If that times comes, and it looks like it is coming fast, then the end indeed is approaching.

How will we live if we don't take it? Where will we get our food from, our clothes, our water, etc? You won't be able to continue at your job, you won't be able to put money aside for the kids college funds, etc. Christians and all spiritual people need to be preparing for a time when they will no longer be able to use money. A time when the only way they will be able to live is to be living by faith in God. That time starts now, and if we aren't getting ready now, we'll probably find an excuse or two to rationalize away this coming form of monetary transaction, and end up taking it.

Jesus gave some good advice for any who wish to start living by faith in God and not in mammon (money and all it can buy). Matthew 6:24-34
Old 08-07-2012, 02:06 PM
Master
I don't know that the technology will be implemented before the "Rapture", globally.
But, everything is certainly in place regarding these things.

"There is no place in this new kind of physics for both the field and matter, for the field is the only reality." - A. Einstein
Old 08-07-2012, 04:09 PM
Mind's Eye

Quote:
I don't know that the technology will be implemented before the "Rapture", globally.

QUESTION: How can we be so sure that all of this Stuff will actually happen, when the Book of Revelation itself is in serious question?

The Book of Revelation is said to be written by the apostle John.. and many believe this without question. But any Bible scholar will tell us that the book was possibly written by a man named John, but unsure of who this John really was. Scholars are even unsure of the fact that the actual author was named John at all, and suspect that Revelation was written by an unknown author who simply put Saint John's name to it... But the truth is, no one knows for sure who the author is; yet most believe that it was John the apostle because tradition says that he wrote the book... But again I stress the fact; no one truly knows who the author was.

And because of the shadow of doubt on the Book of Revelation, it almost did not make the canon of scripture... it really did make it in by the skin of its teeth. And besides all of this, scholars have differing views on how the book should even be interpreted... The whole rapture, literal mark of the beast etc is only one interpretation that has been badly bloated out of context by those with fundamentalists beliefs... Other scholars who are just as Christian as the next guy seriously debate and even present strong evidenced against this interpretation of Revelation.

So again I ask, is it wise to put so much heavy stock in a book that is in serious doubt by probably 97% of the scholarly community and has more interpretations than there are Christian denominations? It seems to me to be an awful dismal lens to view the world through, always waiting for end time events, the Anti- Christ, demonic happenings etc, all based on a book that has many question marks hanging over it. If God inspired the book and it was "God's Word," would we not have more solid evidence to prove this? But we do not, we have a book that all real and honest evidence shows was not written by Saint John at all... So in all probability, the end time events married into the images of the book will probably never come to pass in the way many have believed they will....

And that is not some Hollywood Matrix deception.... That is academic reality and historical facts. But I suppose we all must do with those facts as we will.
Old 08-07-2012, 05:01 PM
CatChild

Quote:
Originally Posted by Alter2Ego
ALTER2EGO -to- EVERYONE:

Below is a video of a recent bullying event on a school bus in which 13-year-old schoolboys spent a good 20 minutes humiliating an elderly bus monitor. Even when she started crying they would not stop (it will be the first weblink below). They made fun of her crying by saying she was sweating. All you could hear was the "F" word coming from these kids mouths.

This video is proof positive that we are living in the time of the end of this wicked system of things. The victim was interviewed on the Today Show on 6/21/2012 (the second weblink).

"{1} But know this, that in the last days critical times hard to deal with will be here. {2} For men will be lovers of themselves, lovers of money, self-assuming, haughty, blasphemers, disobedient to parents, unthankful, disloyal, {3} having no natural affection, not open to any agreement, slanderers, without self-control, fierce, without love of goodness," (2 Timothy 3:1-3)

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=E12R9...feature=relmfu

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=668AQ...eature=related

Each generation will tell you that you're living in the end times. These days are no different. I actually Hope these are the end time (of some aspects of life on the planet that we already know of). Many systems need to crumble and be rebuilt to suit the present energy of life/Earth and Humanity.
Old 08-07-2012, 05:03 PM
ciel_perdu

Quote:

Hey Morpheus, we may need a different thread about the rapture topic, as I don't see from the bible that Christians will be raptured before the Great Tribulation, and the Mark of the Beast.

If we prepare for the worst (going through that time), but hope for the best (that we won't be here for it), then we're good to go either way. But I think a LOT of Christians have some misplaced faith, that is going to be brutally tested in the years ahead.

Mind'sEye,

whether the book of Revelation was written by John, or someone else, or whatever, what is amazing is that this prophecy about a time when no one will be able to buy or sell without a mark in their right hand or forehead, is coming to fruition before our eyes. My question to you would be: IF there comes a time when the ONLY way one can BUY or SELL is to have a mark (microchip?) in their hand or forehead, would you take it?
Old 08-07-2012, 05:22 PM
Master
There are a number of reasonings, ciel, as to why Christians won't go through the tribulation period. At least the worst of it.

You probably are aware of them. But, start the thread if you like.

"There is no place in this new kind of physics for both the field and matter, for the field is the only reality." - A. Einstein
Old 08-07-2012, 08:01 PM
Juanita

Cat

Quote:
Originally Posted by Alter2Ego
ALTER2EGO -to- EVERYONE:

Below is a video of a recent bullying event on a school bus in which 13-year-old schoolboys spent a good 20 minutes humiliating an elderly bus monitor. Even when she started crying they would not stop (it will be the first weblink below). They made fun of her crying by saying she was sweating. All you could hear was the "F" word coming from these kids mouths.

This video is proof positive that we are living in the time of the end of this wicked system of things. The victim was interviewed on the Today Show on 6/21/2012 (the second weblink).

"{1} But know this, that in the last days critical times hard to deal with will be here. {2} For men will be lovers of themselves, lovers of money, self-assuming, haughty, blasphemers, disobedient to parents, unthankful, disloyal, {3} having no natural affection, not open to any agreement, slanderers, without self-control, fierce, without love of goodness," (2 Timothy 3:1-3)

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=E12R9...feature=relmfu

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=668AQ...eature=related

I have not read the other posts, but have seen this video a dozen times.....and I am thinking 'what was this woman's job?" bus monitor---to keep the children in their place?? she failed miserably and didn't even "try" to control these children.......How many would "allow" a child to speak to them in this manner? Yet she has been greatly rewarded for her cowardice....Just my opinion.......and yes, unfortunately, I am being judgemental----something I'm still working on.........but end of times????? get real........
Old 08-07-2012, 08:26 PM
Juanita

Quote:
There is no "end of the world" in the Bible either, juanita.
It is expressly stated, and by Jesus, that the days therof will be shortened, because if not, there would be no flesh saved. "Flesh, meaning not just human, either.
Who also stated that the events that are soon to encompass the world are like none that the world has seen, or, will ever see again.
In our day and age, and regarding global events, it does not take any imagination as to what this is referring to.

Everything is falling into place both in the human arena, as well as otherwise. All things being connected.
This is why many will curse God, as it states in Revelation, because they know in their hearts that He is, and, that He has power over all these plagues coming to pass.

I hope you cn be more objective, and come to see the Light.

And, Mind's? Concerning your statemensts to me earlier, concerning the "Calvinist" perspective;
as I was going over Daniel 8-12 again, I see Gabriel's words pertianing to these things involving the, "appointed", events and conclusion of things. "Appointed", stated more than once.

I'm sorry, but I had forgotten that I posted to this thread....I am probably older than both of you, but I still agree with Mind's Eye on this subject.....
I also was raised in a christian home, but no longer believe the fairy tales that get manipulated and reinvented every century or so..........it just doesn't make any sense to me, and that is my criteria for belief or non belief in any concept or theory.......Jesus, if he existed at all, was the "only" son of god???? really? what about the rest of us, are we not also the children of god (actually we are one and the same and only the illusion of separateness actually separates us).......would a truly loving god have "anything" to do with cruelty of any kind? I don't think so..........does he not love us all equally? not according to your bible.......would a loving god create evil? I don't think so........IMHO, you and other fundamentalists are the ones who refuse to see the light or the truth or whatever you may want to call it and are misguided......but hey, if it makes you happy, so be it my friend........my truth does not have to be your truth......
Old 08-07-2012, 08:40 PM
S-word

Quote:
Originally Posted by ciel_perdu
Hey Morpheus, we may need a different thread about the rapture topic, as I don't see from the bible that Christians will be raptured before the Great Tribulation, and the Mark of the Beast.

If we prepare for the worst (going through that time), but hope for the best (that we won't be here for it), then we're good to go either way. But I think a LOT of Christians have some misplaced faith, that is going to be brutally tested in the years ahead.

Mind'sEye,

whether the book of Revelation was written by John, or someone else, or whatever, what is amazing is that this prophecy about a time when no one will be able to buy or sell without a mark in their right hand or forehead, is coming to fruition before our eyes. My question to you would be: IF there comes a time when the ONLY way one can BUY or SELL is to have a mark (microchip?) in their hand or forehead, would you take it?

Correct ceil perdu, irrelevant as to what certain individuals on this forum may believe concerning that which they call the rapture, the time that those who are to be taken from the earth to be with Jesus in heaven, does not occur before the great tribulation that ushers in the thousand year rule of the risen body of Christ, who will take the thrones that have been prepared for them and rule the great Sabbath of one thousand years, after which, at the sound of the last trumpet, when fire comes down from heaven and incinerates all physical life forms on this planet, the elect and chosen, will be translated in a moment, in the twinkling of an eye, from bodies of corruptible matter into glorious bodies of incorruptible light and will be caught up to heaven, where they will judge the dead and even the heavenly angels.