Spiritual Forums

Home

Donate!

Articles

CHAT!

Shop

Welcome to Spiritual Forums!.

We created this community for people from all backgrounds to discuss Spiritual, Paranormal, Metaphysical, Philosophical, Supernatural, and Esoteric subjects. From Astral Projection to Zen, all topics are welcome. We hope you enjoy your visits.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest, which gives you limited access to most discussions and articles. By joining our free community you will be able to post messages, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own photos, and gain access to our Chat Rooms, Registration is fast, simple, and free, so please, join our community today! !

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, check our FAQs before contacting support. Please read our forum rules, since they are enforced by our volunteer staff. This will help you avoid any infractions and issues.

Go Back   Spiritual Forums > Spirituality & Beliefs > General Beliefs

Old 28-05-2019, 06:04 AM
Master
Quote:
Originally Posted by iamthat
It is possible that if Jesus and/or the Buddha were teaching today in physical form then what they teach and how they teach could be quite different from the popular versions of their teachings.

Most likely but what else to go by. Buddha and Jesus are entirely fictional as is their "teachings."

Quote:
Originally Posted by iamthat

I too suspect that the popular so-called spiritual masters serve a purpose in that they attract followers at a certain stage of development while less well-known teachers work with those who are more advanced.

Peace.

I wouldn't say advance just a different path, different intentions.

I always felt this humorous images was a good example of a master, and student relationship.

Old 28-05-2019, 06:17 AM
Master
Quote:
Originally Posted by ocean breeze
I would only trust a spiritual master that carries a stick and won't hesitate to use it on me. Jesus and Buddha seem highly overrated and i wouldn't trust their teachings. As usual with popular spiritual masters. Now if Buddha and Jesus were around and i was serious about waking up, i would still choose the Zen master with the mean look on his face, carrying a stick on his hand. That's the guy most likely to give me that push. Not the clown preaching about love, light, and compassion.

I get the impression that the most popular so called spiritual masters are all highly overrated and the least popular ones, the ones that don't care to write books, are the ones that would most likely give you that push. They would likely have only a few students (maybe only 2 or 3) but those few would likely be more serious about waking up.

I think there's room for both types of teachers. The harder and the gentler, yin and yang.
Old 28-05-2019, 08:42 AM
Lorelyen

Quote:
Originally Posted by explorer007
you know they say ascended spiritual masters through out time and how they were highly psychic and had mediumship abilities to receive any information.
this is a very touchy topic i noticed the religious people will not acept this and will go in debate mode with you lol
i just wanted to ask do you feel jesus was the greatest of them all or would you say they are equal in their own way it's like with buddha a very peaceful person yeah.
All I can tell you is that too many, perhaps all, are male. I see it here: people extolling and/or preaching a male doctrine. Unless I'm wildly mistaken even Abraham Hicks is a female hiding behind a male name (please correct me if I'm wrong).

Why is this, I wonder? Do males have the monopoly on communication with the divine? Are they alone the gender with a toolbox of panaceas for increasingly distressing lives?

For all that, men are far more out of touch with their emotions than women. I find it weird that too many of these "ascended masters", gurus, whatever, derive their stuff by leading lives out of kilter with nature. The Roman church is typical, far from alone. Abstinence. Is that natural?

An interesting point cropped up a while back - that many female authors are writing out spiritual maps/teachings in their "fiction". Theirs are holy books but along a very different slant closer to the search for peace and fulfilment than most doctrines produced by males. One has to distil the elixir from their writing.

Call it fiction you may, but how much of this male proselyting is also fiction. When we're dealing with beliefs, sure, anything goes - but in this search for answers, only one teaching could be "truth" if at all... the rest must be fiction. You can argue that most teachings lead to truth but it's up to the individual to find it. In which case, everyone who writes or influences, weighs in.
Old 28-05-2019, 08:44 AM
Master
Quote:
Most likely but what else to go by. Buddha and Jesus are entirely fictional as is their "teachings."

I wouldn't say advance just a different path, different intentions.

I always felt this humorous images was a good example of a master, and student relationship.

the cartoon is priceless! I'll be laughing at it for a while!
Old 28-05-2019, 08:57 AM
Master
Quote:
I would only trust a spiritual master that carries a stick and won't hesitate to use it on me. Jesus and Buddha seem highly overrated and i wouldn't trust their teachings. As usual with popular spiritual masters. Now if Buddha and Jesus were around and i was serious about waking up, i would still choose the Zen master with the mean look on his face, carrying a stick on his hand. That's the guy most likely to give me that push. Not the clown preaching about love, light, and compassion.

I get the impression that the most popular so called spiritual masters are all highly overrated and the least popular ones, the ones that don't care to write books, are the ones that would most likely give you that push. They would likely have only a few students (maybe only 2 or 3) but those few would likely be more serious about waking up.
I may have a odd way of looking at "spiritual teacher's" there's no such thing as only 1 teacher. Teachers teach us what they feel is important, or only what they know. Honestly, everything, everyone teaches. It's up to you to put the pieces of the puzzle together as you grow and mature. So far I been taught by people with huge IQ's, people with mental disabilities. People who scam and by people who are brutally honest. Maybe even picked a lesson or two from our furry and cold blooded friends. Once you close your mind to lessons from anything you stop growing.
Old 28-05-2019, 09:13 AM
BlackfoxNZ

"the best teacher is yourself" - don't know where its from but it appeared in my mind when reading this thread
Old 28-05-2019, 09:20 AM
Master
Quote:
Originally Posted by hallow
I may have a odd way of looking at "spiritual teacher's" there's no such thing as only 1 teacher. Teachers teach us what they feel is important, or only what they know. Honestly, everything, everyone teaches. It's up to you to put the pieces of the puzzle together as you grow and mature. So far I been taught by people with huge IQ's, people with mental disabilities. People who scam and by people who are brutally honest. Maybe even picked a lesson or two from our furry and cold blooded friends. Once you close your mind to lessons from anything you stop growing.

I don't disagree with that. It depends on what you're trying to get from it all. For a person who is dead serious about their growth, a spiritual master may be needed to keep them from going astray. As its easy to get caught up in distractions and worldly affairs. Even this forum can serve as more of a distraction and can be a hindrance to ones growth. You start out with a search for the truth within yourself, then you get caught up in arguing over beliefs, or caught up in learning about astrology, twin flames, or you'll read books that lead you astray from where you intended to go, etc.
Old 28-05-2019, 09:48 AM
Master

We should probably make a distinction between Ascended Masters (a theosophical concept), Demi-gods (the children of a Male God and a Human Mother) and Avatars (the earthly incarnation of a god).

There is some overlap, but Jesus is technically a demi-god, because he comes from a human mother and a male god as his father. Other demi-gods are Heracles, and the Pandu brothers (Pandavas) of the Mahabharata, they all have human mothers and a god as a father.

Avatars are usually born to two human parents, but their souls are that of a god, incarnating in a human body. Krishna and arguably, Buddha are such Avatars.

Then, there are ascended masters, these were supposedly once human, although some were demi-gods and through various spiritual practices, they ascended to a higher spiritual level, similar to that of a god. Padmasambhava comes to mind straight away, but there are many others.
Old 28-05-2019, 10:00 AM
Master
Quote:
Originally Posted by NoOne
We should probably make a distinction between Ascended Masters (a theosophical concept), Demi-gods (the children of a Male God and a Human Mother) and Avatars (the earthly incarnation of a god).

There is some overlap, but Jesus is technically a demi-god, because he comes from a human mother and a male god as his father. Other demi-gods are Heracles, and the Pandu brothers (Pandavas) of the Mahabharata, they all have human mothers and a god as a father.

Avatars are usually born to two human parents, but their souls are that of a god, incarnating in a human body. Krishna and arguably, Buddha are such Avatars.

Then, there are ascended masters, these were supposedly once human, although some were demi-gods and through various spiritual practices, they ascended to a higher spiritual level, similar to that of a god. Padmasambhava comes to mind straight away, but there are many others.
thanks for clearing that up. I misunderstood.
Old 28-05-2019, 10:29 AM
Lorelyen

Quote:
Originally Posted by NoOne
That's precisely what Constantine wanted you to believe. There was no way he could have sold his doctrine by portraying Jesus as entirely human. Constantine even made up the story about Jesus being born on 25th December - the commencement of the Saturnalia festival in Rome. He has to align it with the paganism of the times if he hoped for any credibility.

Jesus himself thought rather differently, given evidence by such gospels as Thomas and Mary Magdalene, deliberately kept out of the Bible by Constantine who also tried to have the Apocryphal gospels destroyed. He didn't quite succeed.