Spiritual Forums

Home

Donate!

Articles

CHAT!

Shop

Welcome to Spiritual Forums!.

We created this community for people from all backgrounds to discuss Spiritual, Paranormal, Metaphysical, Philosophical, Supernatural, and Esoteric subjects. From Astral Projection to Zen, all topics are welcome. We hope you enjoy your visits.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest, which gives you limited access to most discussions and articles. By joining our free community you will be able to post messages, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own photos, and gain access to our Chat Rooms, Registration is fast, simple, and free, so please, join our community today! !

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, check our FAQs before contacting support. Please read our forum rules, since they are enforced by our volunteer staff. This will help you avoid any infractions and issues.

Go Back   Spiritual Forums > Spirituality & Beliefs > Affirmations

Old 25-07-2012, 08:13 PM
Gofa

Treat yourself as a friend. Tell yourself the things you would tell a friend What ever you are told enough times you believe. Tell yourself you are lovely
Happy about ego but in all honesty we are talking here to the Child within us whereas our ego has never been a good listener
To go beyond words. Buy yourself a small present some thing you like and formally give it of yourself in recognition of how hard you try.
Treat yourself as a valued friend not some slave to be driven
Old 25-09-2012, 05:06 AM
episkopos

I can be the best in my field of endeavour.
Old 20-10-2012, 11:20 PM
stars_joe

Knowledge is NOT POWER!!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Gib3K1JMXvo
Old 28-11-2012, 05:40 PM
CatChild

Quote:
Originally Posted by stars_joe

Thanks, I agree with your video.
Old 28-11-2012, 09:07 PM
Experiencer
CatChild - I like the affirmations, A LOT! Thanks for sharing : )

And to Hoama - if you truly believe what you wrote, then why write it? For, as someone else pointed out, are you not simply feeding your ego by posting your reply?

I have studied much about Zen and Buddhism, and love it when people try to say things such as you did. But the simple fact is, we are here - we have eyes and ears and mouths for reasons. And if the Buddha had simply sat silently under the Boddhi tree his entire life, believing as you proclaim to believe, and never speaking to anyone or sharing because of it, who would be the better for it?

Is all maya? Probably. Should I sit here and do nothing for the rest of my life because of that fact? I don't think so. Do I have an ego? Certainly. Is it all bad, something to be vilified and squashed. No, it is not. It has its purpose for now, as do all things. And being here, as I am, with the responsibilities I have to those I love, I can appreciate those affirmations.

When I reach nibbana, when I can choose to no longer incarnate as a human being, or even better (in my mind) become a boddhisatva to help guide all sentient beings to Buddhahood, then maybe I can view life from that viewpoint. But even then, as my primary characteristic will be compassion, I will not decry others for doing what they need to do to increase their happiness and equanimity - I will simply remind them not to forget that these things are but tools, and when the time comes, we must be willing to let them go.

Or something like that. But what do I know? The more I learn, the less I know. And the less I know, the closer I come to the Truth.

Many Blessings,

Qkev
Old 29-11-2012, 05:56 AM
Administrator
Hello

Its good to see ye back Catchild and that things are starting to look brighter.

Reading this thread took me back to being 16 and being at that place where I was so alone and confused I wanted out of it all life . I had a coucellor / teacher give me something that I have used to this day. Similar to what ye have here.

In front of the mirror I had to be able to LOOK right at me in full on eye contact, and say "I am me and I am ok" and it was so hard to do at first. To keep that eye contact and really mean it. It comes in steps and they are at times small ones. Remember how we learned to roll over as a baby, then to push up a little, progressiing to crawling then to standing and finally walking. Life is alot like those early days at times ....we have to really slow things down at times. We dont want to we like to run full on out but we are hard on the person that matters the most "self".

Lynn
Old 29-11-2012, 01:28 PM
Master

Lynn I find that looking in the mirror so difficult and I kid myself it's because I think it's hokey but the reality is - it's because I feel it's a lie.

But, it's a good prod to start working to change these inherent beliefs and mindsets and building a better life - for me and therefore for others.
Old 30-11-2012, 07:55 AM
Namaste27

CatChild my friend, I feel where you come from here. It's not ego so much as wanting to change the flow of your thoughts and feelings. That's what an affirmation is for really. Say what you believe and then make it so. I also happen to know that the positives you repeat are in fact true for your person, don't forget them!
Old 02-12-2012, 08:54 AM
CatChild

Quote:
Originally Posted by Namaste27
CatChild my friend, I feel where you come from here. It's not ego so much as wanting to change the flow of your thoughts and feelings. That's what an affirmation is for really. Say what you believe and then make it so. I also happen to know that the positives you repeat are in fact true for your person, don't forget them!

Thanks my friend.