Spiritual Forums

Home

Donate!

Articles

CHAT!

Shop

Welcome to Spiritual Forums!.

We created this community for people from all backgrounds to discuss Spiritual, Paranormal, Metaphysical, Philosophical, Supernatural, and Esoteric subjects. From Astral Projection to Zen, all topics are welcome. We hope you enjoy your visits.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest, which gives you limited access to most discussions and articles. By joining our free community you will be able to post messages, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own photos, and gain access to our Chat Rooms, Registration is fast, simple, and free, so please, join our community today! !

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, check our FAQs before contacting support. Please read our forum rules, since they are enforced by our volunteer staff. This will help you avoid any infractions and issues.

Go Back   Spiritual Forums > Religions & Faiths > Christianity

Old 12-10-2018, 07:05 PM
Experiencer

No my belief isn't based on movies baile. However the kind way to ask a question is as follows

Why do you think that?

And here's is my answer to your passive aggressive covert question

Because of what I read in the Bible

Baile going forward if you have a question you may ask. However I would appreciate it very much if you would not assume to know how or what I think. Last time I checked human beings are not superheroes who have the power to read another's mind. Please and thank you
Old 12-10-2018, 07:17 PM
Master
Quote:
Originally Posted by white pegasus
Mickiel-im curious about something, in the gospel of Thomas-which is a list of Jesus' sayings, is not considered a part of the bible. Is it because the gospel of Thomas is a list of his sayings that came from the gospel and it lacks context-content.

The book did not match the message that those translators liked. They just included what seemed fitting to them.
Old 13-10-2018, 09:32 PM
Master

Quote:
Originally Posted by sky123
' The Gospel of Thomas was written to make you think. It wasn’t written to make you obey. Of course that is the difference between Gnosticism and Orthodoxy. If you think for yourself then you are a danger to organised religions who want you to obey

Yes Sky... a person who fully comes to know God would want to obey, ie, do the will of God because the two wills are in harmony and in relationship. But there is no intermediary in this
The orthodoxy you mention means man, and mans attempts to make people obey them in order to follow their will. that is the difference,
but its hardly black and white, life really is amazing at the visible diversity and dimensions beyond our reach. life really is so incredible and amazing, but we are led to believe I guess that it isn't. why is that?
Old 14-10-2018, 06:14 AM
Master
Quote:
Originally Posted by davidmartin
Yes Sky... a person who fully comes to know God would want to obey, ie, do the will of God because the two wills are in harmony and in relationship. But there is no intermediary in this
The orthodoxy you mention means man, and mans attempts to make people obey them in order to follow their will. that is the difference,
but its hardly black and white, life really is amazing at the visible diversity and dimensions beyond our reach. life really is so incredible and amazing, but we are led to believe I guess that it isn't. why is that?

' a person who fully comes to know God would want to obey, ie, do the will of God '

If you fully know God you wouldn't need to OBEY
Old 15-10-2018, 01:00 PM
Master
Or have someone post on this thread who has not been tainted by the Christian stain.
Old 17-10-2018, 05:38 AM
Master
Quote:
Originally Posted by mickiel
Or have someone post on this thread who has not been tainted by the Christian stain.

I would love to be without religious Stain, to be free of the influence of man , to not be soiled by these powers. If I ever get close to knowing God, this would certainly be one of the thing's I would as for. Detach me from man.
Old 17-10-2018, 05:53 AM
Master
Quote:
I would love to be without religious Stain, to be free of the influence of man , to not be soiled by these powers. If I ever get close to knowing God, this would certainly be one of the thing's I would as for. Detach me from man.

What is religious stain Mickiel ?.
Old 17-10-2018, 06:06 AM
Master
Quote:
Originally Posted by sky123
What is religious stain Mickiel ?.

In my view , it is having your consciousness permanently influenced by a religious group. And the stain is just in the consciousness, like a mark on the brain. It just begins to grow and spread.
inside of your belief system's. It move and now becomes a dominant way of thinking. A war in the head humanity, one that has marked humanity since our inception. Yet much of humanity is painfully unaware of this "Mark of the Beast".
Old 17-10-2018, 06:59 AM
Master
Quote:
In my view , it is having your consciousness permanently influenced by a religious group. And the stain is just in the consciousness, like a mark on the brain. It just begins to grow and spread.
inside of your belief system's. It move and now becomes a dominant way of thinking. A war in the head humanity, one that has marked humanity since our inception. Yet much of humanity is painfully unaware of this "Mark of the Beast".

Nobody can permanently influence you unless you allow them to. You and you alone have the ability to think for yourself rather than allow a Religion to think for you. I am not saying it comes easy to everyone, some are more easily influenced than others but it's not impossible.
Don't look at it as a ' War in the head ' but as a challenge. Nothing is permanent, everything is in constant flux.
Old 17-10-2018, 07:11 PM
Suspended
Guide

Quote:

What about the people who do not care? In my family, no one cares about religion and stuff like that, I was born in a christian family, and yet, having no real influence from the outside world, on my own, I had this inner desire to know God.Anyway, usually, I've seen that people who do not care, neither they think about spiritual things.It feels like that they just to trapped in this reality like this is the ultimate truth.Yes, the "Mark of the best" has something to do with the way a person thinks, it may be what you say or it may be even darker.What's even more interesting, after you see the truth behind religion, a battle starts within your mind, having one final question, what is the truth?

Now, a question rises above the sea, how can you think freely if everything you know was passed down through you by other people?