Spiritual Forums

Home

Donate!

Articles

CHAT!

Shop

Welcome to Spiritual Forums!.

We created this community for people from all backgrounds to discuss Spiritual, Paranormal, Metaphysical, Philosophical, Supernatural, and Esoteric subjects. From Astral Projection to Zen, all topics are welcome. We hope you enjoy your visits.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest, which gives you limited access to most discussions and articles. By joining our free community you will be able to post messages, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own photos, and gain access to our Chat Rooms, Registration is fast, simple, and free, so please, join our community today! !

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, check our FAQs before contacting support. Please read our forum rules, since they are enforced by our volunteer staff. This will help you avoid any infractions and issues.

Go Back   Spiritual Forums > Spirituality & Beliefs > Spiritual Development

Old 25-02-2018, 02:34 PM
Master
Savoring the moment

Over the past few years I have troubles simply savoring the moment. To be honest this is more for the reader's then me. While so many people are concerned about meditation, yoga, and going to there weekly church service or whatever you do for spiritual connections. STOP! Take a look around! It's EVERYWHERE! not just when you can find time or it's scheduled. Lately I have troubles simply savoring the moment. Till right now. On my way home from work. It hit my like a bolt of lightning. I drive this road everyday and never thought much about it. I attached a picture of what I see and what I have taken for granted. Please don't take any little things for granted they might just be huge for someone. Hope to see some responses out of this. Please send pics of your things that seem mundane they might be inspiring to others.
Old 25-02-2018, 03:03 PM
Master
Let the world see what moment you savored!

Last edited by hallow : 21-05-2018 at 07:20 AM.
Old 25-02-2018, 10:11 PM
Master
Quote:
Originally Posted by hallow
Over the past few years I have troubles simply savoring the moment. To be honest this is more for the reader's then me. While so many people are concerned about meditation, yoga, and going to there weekly church service or whatever you do for spiritual connections. STOP! Take a look around! It's EVERYWHERE! not just when you can find time or it's scheduled. Lately I have troubles simply savoring the moment. Till right now. On my way home from work. It hit my like a bolt of lightning. I drive this road everyday and never thought much about it. I attached a picture of what I see and what I have taken for granted. Please don't take any little things for granted they might just be huge for someone. Hope to see some responses out of this. Please send pics of your things that seem mundane they might be inspiring to others.

I have been without my camera these past few months and I am a very keen photographer where I take my camera, almost everywhere I go.. I lost my charger and so I haven't had charge to be installed in this way of the moment in my world.

In some ways its been a blessing in disguise, because instead of taking photos I am enjoying the experience more immersed without this as my distraction to capture and seal the moment in this way. I realize taking pictures sometimes can lead me to miss out on the moment in other ways. I am a visually stimulated being, but I realized not having the camera and sometimes not even sharing photos, brings me back to myself to experience the moment differently, in ways my normal moment might lead me.

The moment that is as I experience myself, is often more fulfilling if I actually immerse more fully in what is. Meaning conscious mindfulness through the whole immersion of the moment that is before me. No matter what it is. My life is a continual spiralling, moving me back into myself and the moments of my life as it is, to see more, experience more, understand more, live more, accept more, which is wonderful. Its like being in a world of new discoveries in each moment of my experience here on earth. Even the mundane (which takes a little more practice on my part) serves me in this way...

Man has learned how to challenge both Nature and art to become the incitements to vice! His very cups he has delighted to engrave with libidinous subjects, and he takes pleasure in drinking from vessels of obscene form! Pliny the Elder
Old 26-02-2018, 04:22 AM
Experiencer

Quote:

Thanks for sharing this.

It reminds me of Chogyam Trungpa's teaching about mindfulness. It should be about APPRECIATING the moment, not just being AWARE of it.

We should ENJOY the moment, not just 'live in the moment'.
Old 26-02-2018, 04:56 AM
Master
While I was reading this thread, an old saying popped into my head:

"Yesterday is history, tomorrow is a mystery, today is a gift and that's why it's called 'the present".

To understand there's nothing you can do to change the past and there's nothing you can do to anticipate the future, is a very soul-sobering realisation.

To be totally mindful of current events and experiences, means to ground oneself within the moment and centering oneself in this particular time and space, like the proverbial 'immovable object' meeting the 'unstoppable force' and in such a paradox, the true nature of one's being can be actuated.

In meditation and yoga, this is why focusing on the breath is so important and with practice, existing in the present moment allows one to transcend the boundaries of space and time to explore other dimensions existing within the measurement of 'Planck time' or graduations of time existing beyond our current mental ability to perceive them.
Old 26-02-2018, 12:06 PM
Master
Very nicely written everyone. I really should put the camera down and just simply soak it in. Taking in the little gifts"presents" (I like that one) is what living is all about. Even the little things people in your life do is living. Less is more.
Old 26-02-2018, 08:10 PM
Master
Quote:
Very nicely written everyone. I really should put the camera down and just simply soak it in. Taking in the little gifts"presents" (I like that one) is what living is all about. Even the little things people in your life do is living. Less is more.

A little waking message today for me, was this one.

Stay deeply present.

Its amazing what can transpire for yourself and life as one when we do. I am taking this message on board today. Practice this will the little and the larger things in life..

Man has learned how to challenge both Nature and art to become the incitements to vice! His very cups he has delighted to engrave with libidinous subjects, and he takes pleasure in drinking from vessels of obscene form! Pliny the Elder
Old 02-03-2018, 04:03 AM
Master
My car is in at the mechanics today having a registration inspection.

I always use it to drive to the supermarket (which is about a kilometer away), but today I went to the refrigerator...oh gee...no milk, no bread and I thought "dang it, I should have got those things before I put my car in the shop".

Still, I realised the exercise would do me good...and I wanted to have a cheese and tomato sandwich and a cup of tea...so I thought "alrighty then, off to the supermarket I walk".

I arrived back home, only to find a magpie with its baby chick in the garden directly adjacent to my front door...and I stopped, about 3 feet away from it, carrying my shopping bag.

What followed was a human/bird Mexican standoff and staring contest for a minute or so...the mother bird stopped what it was doing, its eyes went red and it said "are you here to hurt my baby? I don't think so!".

With that, I said, 'chill and relax little birdie...I am a friend and a divine soul, just like you are...I mean you no harm" and I projected love towards it.

After that, its eyes went black again and it looked at the bag I was carrying. "What you got in there?" it asked.

With that, I knew I had to give her some of my loaf of bread...and as I reached inside my shopping bag to retrieve it, the mother bird traversed the three-feet distance separating us and stood directly at my feet, looking up at me, and I felt it project love towards me as well, through the movement of its head and eyes...it was not scared whatsoever, as I took out a few slices of bread and proceeded to hand-feed it, while the baby watched on...apparently learning from this...and so, I broke off some bread, throwing it in the baby's direction too, with all of my love.

I gave both of them three slices of bread and then walked by them eating it and inside my house...and I was struck by the feeling that Lord Shiva had just appeared to me and was very pleased with my actions. I found myself smiling in spite of myself.
Old 21-10-2018, 01:29 PM
Master
Quote:
Originally Posted by Shivani Devi
My car is in at the mechanics today having a registration inspection.

I always use it to drive to the supermarket (which is about a kilometer away), but today I went to the refrigerator...oh gee...no milk, no bread and I thought "dang it, I should have got those things before I put my car in the shop".

Still, I realised the exercise would do me good...and I wanted to have a cheese and tomato sandwich and a cup of tea...so I thought "alrighty then, off to the supermarket I walk".

I arrived back home, only to find a magpie with its baby chick in the garden directly adjacent to my front door...and I stopped, about 3 feet away from it, carrying my shopping bag.

What followed was a human/bird Mexican standoff and staring contest for a minute or so...the mother bird stopped what it was doing, its eyes went red and it said "are you here to hurt my baby? I don't think so!".

With that, I said, 'chill and relax little birdie...I am a friend and a divine soul, just like you are...I mean you no harm" and I projected love towards it.

After that, its eyes went black again and it looked at the bag I was carrying. "What you got in there?" it asked.

With that, I knew I had to give her some of my loaf of bread...and as I reached inside my shopping bag to retrieve it, the mother bird traversed the three-feet distance separating us and stood directly at my feet, looking up at me, and I felt it project love towards me as well, through the movement of its head and eyes...it was not scared whatsoever, as I took out a few slices of bread and proceeded to hand-feed it, while the baby watched on...apparently learning from this...and so, I broke off some bread, throwing it in the baby's direction too, with all of my love.

I gave both of them three slices of bread and then walked by them eating it and inside my house...and I was struck by the feeling that Lord Shiva had just appeared to me and was very pleased with my actions. I found myself smiling in spite of myself.

Thanks for sharing that awesome experience with the mother bird and her babies, Shivani!

much love,
lemongrass

♥♥
Old 21-10-2018, 01:37 PM
Master
Quote:

This is a great thought-provoking thread, hallow!

I enjoyed reading the responses and something I needed to see today...

much love,
lemongrass

♥♥