Spiritual Forums

Home

Donate!

Articles

CHAT!

Shop

Welcome to Spiritual Forums!.

We created this community for people from all backgrounds to discuss Spiritual, Paranormal, Metaphysical, Philosophical, Supernatural, and Esoteric subjects. From Astral Projection to Zen, all topics are welcome. We hope you enjoy your visits.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest, which gives you limited access to most discussions and articles. By joining our free community you will be able to post messages, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own photos, and gain access to our Chat Rooms, Registration is fast, simple, and free, so please, join our community today! !

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, check our FAQs before contacting support. Please read our forum rules, since they are enforced by our volunteer staff. This will help you avoid any infractions and issues.

Go Back   Spiritual Forums > Spirituality & Beliefs > Meditation

Old 29-01-2012, 12:03 PM
Ascender
beginner with meditation -problem to visualise

I've try to meditate once or twice, and the problems is that when I need to visualise something for example that I'm on a beach I just can't feel that I'm on this beach ,there's still a part of my mind who just KNOW and THINK that I'm not on a beach I'm in my room, so I just can't relax myself completly and visualise correctly , for example in one of the meditation I should have seen something (an object or something) when I had open a door in a beautiful garden,but as I wasn't completly in the meditation I didn't saw anything. Don't know is it a probleme of concentration,relaxation or any other thing. I have saw this article on crystal meditation who help to be more relax, but do you have any others advices ?

http://www.healing-crystals-for-you....editation.html
Old 29-01-2012, 12:22 PM
Master
I think you would be best served by not trying to visualize.

Visualization is a tool for some things, but the meditation is more to do with 'see it as it is'.

It really is a silent inquiry into your nature, a quiet observation of yourself.

I'd probably start by just being there, relax and feel yourself being present.
Old 29-01-2012, 01:29 PM
Master

I cannot visualise as well. I just do the best I can and I do not worry about it. I do not think it is a problem. The more you think it is a problem the more worried you will get. I would suggest to forget about trying to see things well. If you can you can, if you cannot, you cannot. Try to accept it. The main thing is to enjoy what you are doing. If you are worrying about it, you will not enjoy it. Then you may give up. In time we may surprise ourselves. We may actually be able to visualise well.
I do not think meditation is visualising. That is what a meditation teacher said. It really does not matter. Do what you enjoy doing.
Old 31-01-2012, 07:08 PM
Ascender
so , for the moment I should just don't try to visualise, I think I'll do that , hoping one day I would be able too, because I have some great meditation de know my guides but they include to visualise, I will try other method to contact them meanwhile :)
Old 31-01-2012, 07:11 PM
Master
As others have said, visualizing is not essential for meditation nor for connecting with your guides.

Here's another approach that might help: Contacting Spirit Guides - http://www.spiritualforums.com/vb/showthread.php?t=8493

Xan

Old 01-02-2012, 02:32 AM
Master
Quote:
Originally Posted by vicky3619
so , for the moment I should just don't try to visualise, I think I'll do that , hoping one day I would be able too, because I have some great meditation de know my guides but they include to visualise, I will try other method to contact them meanwhile :)

Hey vicky.

I just relax and let the meditation come, just be silent and see what happens, sometimes visions happen, sometimes not. I never know what to expect at all.

If you like the visualizing... the staircase method is pretty good. Have you heard of that one?
Old 01-02-2012, 03:21 AM
Knower
vicky3619, this might help. Close your eyes, slowly let your body relax. Let out all the tension. When your body is fully relaxed, empty your mind. Push any thoughts or sounds in your mind out so it's completely blank. This is how I start out my meditation and it works every time...well every time I'm not interrupted. :)

Good luck!
Old 01-02-2012, 03:49 AM
Master
Quote:
Originally Posted by WinterLily
vicky3619, this might help. Close your eyes, slowly let your body relax. Let out all the tension. When your body is fully relaxed, empty your mind. Push any thoughts or sounds in your mind out so it's completely blank. This is how I start out my meditation and it works every time...well every time I'm not interrupted. :)

Good luck!

Hey winterlily.

I like to just check evey part of the body and relax it as I go. Sometimes tension creeps back in, so if i notice that I relax that again. I find a relaxed body makes a relaxed mind.
Old 01-02-2012, 04:05 AM
Knower
Unfortunately, my mind doesn't seem to shut up unless I do that exercise. Even relaxed it takes a few seconds to quiet my mind. I'm sure with practice I might be able to get where you are. Thank you for the advice. :)
Old 01-02-2012, 04:25 AM
Master
Quote:
Originally Posted by WinterLily
Unfortunately, my mind doesn't seem to shut up unless I do that exercise. Even relaxed it takes a few seconds to quiet my mind. I'm sure with practice I might be able to get where you are. Thank you for the advice. :)

Oh I'm nowhere in particular... like on a ladder somewhere or anything LOL.

I just thought you had an interesting post, and I related to the aspects of it, so I kinda put me two bobs worth in.

I just go through phases where sometimes the meditation is working well and sometimes it's mainly thoughts running. It's as though a furthur insight is followed by a mental processing... kinda like waves or biorythms or something.