Spiritual Forums

Home

Donate!

Articles

CHAT!

Shop

Welcome to Spiritual Forums!.

We created this community for people from all backgrounds to discuss Spiritual, Paranormal, Metaphysical, Philosophical, Supernatural, and Esoteric subjects. From Astral Projection to Zen, all topics are welcome. We hope you enjoy your visits.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest, which gives you limited access to most discussions and articles. By joining our free community you will be able to post messages, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own photos, and gain access to our Chat Rooms, Registration is fast, simple, and free, so please, join our community today! !

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, check our FAQs before contacting support. Please read our forum rules, since they are enforced by our volunteer staff. This will help you avoid any infractions and issues.

Go Back   Spiritual Forums > Spirituality & Beliefs > Auras & Chakras

Old 06-06-2011, 05:21 AM
yukan

Smile Chackras and Meridians

Hi I have a question that I have had for a while and I was wondering if someone could bring me a light on this subject. Considering that the body is so complex but can still work as a whole, how is the energy flow between chackras and meridians?
Thank you!
Old 14-06-2011, 08:19 AM
psychonaut salamander

gliding on tracks of light
Old 14-06-2011, 10:41 AM
Prokopton

Very complex question; I'm still researching this within my own system. How long have you got?

The most important way to cross over to the chakras would be from the orbit. The chakras correspond with nerve plexuses positioned along the central channel, or core vessel. Thus if you use any Chinese techniques that relate to the central channel, you can feed the chakras using the technique, but you can use the orbit to do it too.

If you know the real Taoist microcosmic orbit, involving the opening of acupuncture points on the functional and governor vessels and continuous circulation of chi through them (and if you don't, but are interested in meridans, then you need to learn, as they are the two most important meridians), then here, for example, is an interesting technique which you can use to include the chakras in the flow of orbit energy. You can probably come up with your own variation using experience.

There are other ways too, such as the mini-orbit approach. If you want more I'll tell more! This is all about the alchemical way.

There are two authors who probably have stuff in detail about this, but unfortunately I haven't yet had the time to read either. The first is Hiroshi Motoyama, a Japanese kundalini expert who works more from a Buddhist perspective, but had major kundalini awakening, and apparently his book on chakras also mentions some theory he has concerning relationship with the meridians, and he definitely does practice the orbit. The second is Jerry Alan Johnson, a ch'i kung practitioner who came out with a huge 5-volume series on medical ch'i kung the first volume of which contains info on chakras, as I saw on a quick flick-through in a store not long back.

I've been meaning to scope out what these authors say about the very interesting interactions between these body energy systems, but I just haven't got round to it yet!

EDIT: Oops! Forgot someone... CYndi Dale probably has things in her big atlas too... another person I've been meaning to get to grips with. What a great age we live in, with so many intelligent folks pursuing such studies...
Old 14-06-2011, 10:52 AM
mattie

'Energy Medicine'

Donna Eden has some great information about our body’s multiple energy systems in her book, ‘Energy Medicine.’ Exceptionally good illustrations show these & various energy procedures Eden uses in her energy work.

Eden views the back brain in a somewhat negative, really more like incomplete manner as reptilian. It is a primal area, dealing w/ the fight or flight response that can sometimes overwhelm us & our immune system, but this isn’t all this area does. It is through this primal portion of our our back brain that we make allot of our spiritual connections w/ the higher Ds. This is a fairly minor point which doesn’t impair the rest of the excellent discussion she provides about about the body’s multiple energy systems.

The energy flow between the chakras & meridians as well as the other nonphysical parts of our energy body work in concert w/ each other just like the various parts of the physical body do. They all have very specific functions. Eden describes other personal energy field than the chakras & meridians.

Eden is married to David Feinstein, a traditionally trained psychiatrist, who became a proponent of EFT, writing a book w/ Gary Craig (founder of EFT) after years of seeing things in his wife’s work that he couldn’t explain away w/ traditional psychiatry. Interesting couple.

http://www.amazon.com/Energy-Medicin.../dp/1585420212
Old 14-06-2011, 10:54 AM
Prokopton

Yes Eden is another one I forgot, which I shouldn't have because she's one I've actually read... :)

However one conceptualizes it, I can vouch for the fact that clearing and running the meridians combined with addressing the chakras is a practice with great results on the soul and body. But specifically on the energy flowing between the two, I am still experimenting and I will definitely be reading up on how some others are doing it.