Spiritual Forums

Home


Donate!


Articles


CHAT!


Shop


 
Welcome to Spiritual Forums!.

We created this community for people from all backgrounds to discuss Spiritual, Paranormal, Metaphysical, Philosophical, Supernatural, and Esoteric subjects. From Astral Projection to Zen, all topics are welcome. We hope you enjoy your visits.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest, which gives you limited access to most discussions and articles. By joining our free community you will be able to post messages, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own photos, and gain access to our Chat Rooms, Registration is fast, simple, and free, so please, join our community today! !

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, check our FAQs before contacting support. Please read our forum rules, since they are enforced by our volunteer staff. This will help you avoid any infractions and issues.

Go Back   Spiritual Forums > Spirituality & Beliefs > Death & The Afterlife

Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
  #71  
Old 06-02-2016, 06:58 PM
metal68 metal68 is offline
Ascender
Join Date: Apr 2015
Posts: 767
 
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cuubbybunny0315
The thought terrifies me too. I have no idea what will happen. Usually I imagine nothingness, being raised Baptist I wonder if I'll burn in hell for abandoning my faith but when I'm faced with the death of a loved one or friend, in that moment all I can imagine is they are gone. There is nothing there. It chills me to the bone. I'm not saying I don't believe in the afterlife. I just don't know. I hate that I will die. If I'm honest ,I probably cling to my life too much in a sense. I know it's inevitable but the thought just makes me have severe anxiety and want to just cry! I would love to go to another world when I die and just live forever, like I live now. Be with family, eat, sleep, work, have children etc. And still remember who I am. I guess it ego but the 2 biggest thoughts of death I have is forgetting me and forgetting my.daughter. I want to still be me when I die. Even reincarnation bothers me because I know I won't remember the life I'm building now! It just depresses me. I will die I know, but death is the worst thing imaginable to me.


Totally get this post. Reincarnation troubles me too unless we at least get some time in between incarnations as us. It worries me that by my time even then my mum & dad will have already incarnated again.

I just think that we are possibly just taking dreams and hallucinations as being somehow real as the thought of really not existing is unbearable


There should be more objective evidence than just the mediums & channellers, hypnosis and OBE that could be a trick of the brain
Reply With Quote
  #72  
Old 06-02-2016, 10:17 PM
wolfgaze wolfgaze is offline
Deactivated Account
Join Date: May 2015
Location: Earth
Posts: 3,312
  wolfgaze's Avatar
Quote:
Originally Posted by metal68

There should be more objective evidence than just the mediums & channellers, hypnosis and OBE that could be a trick of the brain

Hey mate..... One may also suggest that belief in non-existence and belief in temporary existence could be a 'trick' of the brain...



I believe the brain (physical mind) influences us to believe that we are the physical body and only exist as the physical body. Therefore when we try to contemplate 'death' when we are being influenced by this aspect of our psyche - we are inclined to feel that death of the body represents the end of existence...
Reply With Quote
  #73  
Old 06-02-2016, 10:57 PM
Chubbybunny0315 Chubbybunny0315 is offline
Newbie ;)
Join Date: Feb 2016
Posts: 12
 
Quote:
Originally Posted by kvsouth1111
To me, this is kind of like the same feeling I get when I think of the universe never having an end...going on forever and ever and ever and always has been..I end up feeling like my mind might go crazy if I think too hard on it!

This makes my mind go crazy too lol!! Glad I'm not alone. I feel overwhelmed when I think of the enormity of everything.
Reply With Quote
  #74  
Old 06-02-2016, 11:04 PM
Chubbybunny0315 Chubbybunny0315 is offline
Newbie ;)
Join Date: Feb 2016
Posts: 12
 
I like one theory of reincarnation I have heard of, I don't know it's origins but the belief is that we will be in a *heaven* for a while to rest and reconnect in that place with people from ALL of our lives and that when we are ready we come back as many times as our spirit needs. That it is a choice, and after our last incarnation we remain in that *heaven* with memories of every life and ever other soul we met. I very much like that idea of afterlife but don't know if it exists.
Reply With Quote
  #75  
Old 18-06-2016, 08:13 PM
metal68 metal68 is offline
Ascender
Join Date: Apr 2015
Posts: 767
 
Quote:
Originally Posted by Chubbybunny0315
I like one theory of reincarnation I have heard of, I don't know it's origins but the belief is that we will be in a *heaven* for a while to rest and reconnect in that place with people from ALL of our lives and that when we are ready we come back as many times as our spirit needs. That it is a choice, and after our last incarnation we remain in that *heaven* with memories of every life and ever other soul we met. I very much like that idea of afterlife but don't know if it exists.

I like that one..minus the bit about coming back again
Reply With Quote
  #76  
Old 27-06-2016, 11:52 AM
space2b space2b is offline
Newbie ;)
Join Date: May 2016
Posts: 20
 
Me and I

hi there!
first of all- nice question!
now, You say it bothers "me".
I would start by checking what this "me" or "I" is.
this is very important. because everything else comes after that...
is there an "I" that experiences? or just experience?
if there is, what is this "I"? who/what perceives it?

good luck... let me know if this is clear, and where it takes you.
Reply With Quote
  #77  
Old 01-07-2016, 12:33 AM
shakeithbaker shakeithbaker is offline
Seeker
Join Date: Jun 2016
Posts: 39
 
Quote:
Originally Posted by In vita mea
I hope we don't have to keep experiencing the same lives over & over. Every person suffering the same pain & hardships again and again. Only the very lucky in life experience no difficulties. I'd prefer to experience nothing than to have exactly the same life over & over.
I completely agree with you
Reply With Quote
  #78  
Old 01-07-2016, 12:37 AM
shakeithbaker shakeithbaker is offline
Seeker
Join Date: Jun 2016
Posts: 39
 
Quote:
Originally Posted by Chubbybunny0315
I like one theory of reincarnation I have heard of, I don't know it's origins but the belief is that we will be in a *heaven* for a while to rest and reconnect in that place with people from ALL of our lives and that when we are ready we come back as many times as our spirit needs. That it is a choice, and after our last incarnation we remain in that *heaven* with memories of every life and ever other soul we met. I very much like that idea of afterlife but don't know if it exists.
It sounds amazing to me. I just hope we have a choice to come back down here or not cause I don't ever want to come back down here lol
Reply With Quote
  #79  
Old 11-07-2016, 04:12 AM
Tom Howard Tom Howard is offline
Suspended
Pathfinder
Join Date: Jun 2016
Posts: 83
  Tom Howard's Avatar
We never cease

We are spiritual beings. Therefore, when our fleshy body dies, we simply merge with the source. We become indistinguishable from the source, however we BECOME never the less.
Reply With Quote
  #80  
Old 11-07-2016, 05:44 AM
Rozie Rozie is offline
Master
Join Date: May 2016
Location: California
Posts: 1,154
  Rozie's Avatar
I don't know. I have guides and they won't tell me anything but I am afraid of what happens after death because I know what it is like to have my consciousness dismantled and reassembled. It isn't pleasant and I think that the death process is painful. It seems likely.

There was a time before I was born and I don't remember that, but I didn't seem bothered by it. I take that as some small comfort.
Reply With Quote
Reply


Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

vB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Forum Jump


All times are GMT. The time now is 12:08 PM.


Powered by vBulletin
Copyright ©2000 - 2020, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
(c) Spiritual Forums