Spiritual Forums

Home

Donate!

Articles

CHAT!

Shop

Welcome to Spiritual Forums!.

We created this community for people from all backgrounds to discuss Spiritual, Paranormal, Metaphysical, Philosophical, Supernatural, and Esoteric subjects. From Astral Projection to Zen, all topics are welcome. We hope you enjoy your visits.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest, which gives you limited access to most discussions and articles. By joining our free community you will be able to post messages, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own photos, and gain access to our Chat Rooms, Registration is fast, simple, and free, so please, join our community today! !

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, check our FAQs before contacting support. Please read our forum rules, since they are enforced by our volunteer staff. This will help you avoid any infractions and issues.

Go Back   Spiritual Forums > Spirituality & Beliefs > Science & Spirituality

Old 29-03-2011, 10:05 PM
Time

Perception of other things?

Do maller things percieve time as going faster? Or do older living things percive time as going slower? Would a smaller thing percieve time as going faster?
Old 29-03-2011, 10:07 PM
tragblack

I've often wondered this, but who knows?

I wondered it in reverse, though. I was thinking about the short lifetimes of bugs and how short they might actually feel to the bug.
Old 29-03-2011, 10:14 PM
Time

Im only asking this becasue large objects warp time around them because of their gravity. Planets do it, the great pyramyd does it due to its mass. This is why clocks in space have to be specialy made , other wis ethey are a small percentage slower ( in other words younger).
Old 29-03-2011, 10:16 PM
Krystalle

I'm wondering this too. actually im feeling time sped up anyway, or it just...goes back and forth if it makes any sense, and it's just..bizarre.
Old 29-03-2011, 10:17 PM
Time

Ive been feelign that too, and i know im not the only one i know who feels the same way krystalle
Old 30-03-2011, 02:12 AM
Master
Quote:
Originally Posted by Time
Im only asking this becasue large objects warp time around them because of their gravity. Planets do it, the great pyramyd does it due to its mass. This is why clocks in space have to be specialy made , other wis ethey are a small percentage slower ( in other words younger).

Time is pretty well explained in Einsteins relativity theory.
Old 30-03-2011, 12:11 PM
themaster

Quote:
Originally Posted by Time
Ive been feelign that too, and i know im not the only one i know who feels the same way krystalle
Time is speeding up.. it will actually only get faster.. until instantaneous time is created.. this is my understanding..
Old 30-03-2011, 12:16 PM
Time

Yes gem, but does he go into this exact discussion?
Old 13-04-2011, 08:55 PM
unus supra

Time is a system of measurement that we created. Seconds, minutes and hours are just like centimeteres, inches and feet. likewise created by us to measure a given object.

So what we do is take an object, or event (in the case of time for instance) and we overlay the reality of that with the concept of a particular form of measurement, so that we may

a. put it into a useful and/but relative perspective so that we may further understand that which is under scrutiny.

b. so that we may compare different objects and or events using a medium that we have created so that comparison may be made simpler for our understanding.

The rate at which a particular sequence of events transpire may slow down or speed up according to the conditions in which they are connected, and they are infinite conditions. Likewise, while events are cyclic in nature, each cycle is different to a degree that may be so small as to go unnoticed by our tools of observation. and remember that is the cycle regarding the formation and dissolution of an infinite number of conditions. Your breath, the days and nights, are all examples of conditions, abiding by cyclic law. repeated but not perfectly duplicated, thus the sequence that we observe is always different.

Time is not. It is psychological. Like points on an infinite line. If we tried to figure out the precise point that the point came to be, we would not find it because it is infinitely reducible. Thus even our most accurate measurements are not perfectly accurate, even they might appear to be so.
Old 13-04-2011, 09:04 PM
Master
Even to me, that makes sense, unus supra. Time helps us put stuff into perspective, it's only relative to our human comings and goings. So it makes sense that time is irrelevant to 'smaller' things like mice or fish or bugs...