Spiritual Forums

Home

Donate!

Articles

CHAT!

Shop

Welcome to Spiritual Forums!.

We created this community for people from all backgrounds to discuss Spiritual, Paranormal, Metaphysical, Philosophical, Supernatural, and Esoteric subjects. From Astral Projection to Zen, all topics are welcome. We hope you enjoy your visits.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest, which gives you limited access to most discussions and articles. By joining our free community you will be able to post messages, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own photos, and gain access to our Chat Rooms, Registration is fast, simple, and free, so please, join our community today! !

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, check our FAQs before contacting support. Please read our forum rules, since they are enforced by our volunteer staff. This will help you avoid any infractions and issues.

Go Back   Spiritual Forums > Spirituality & Beliefs > Spiritual Development

Old 25-09-2011, 10:04 PM
Master
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jules
Mickiel, you asked the question what is the image of God, you say you're not religious yet you quote the bible a LOT. You don't believe anything other than God created man, who created the animals? the plant life? fish? .. who do you believe created the universe? I'm just really confused by your views, sorry to be so blunt but it's not making any sense. Maybe I'm missing something?

Well I don't understand your confusion, I thought I have been clear. I am not a religious man, I belong to no church or group, and I am not christian- or any other religious denomination; I walk alone in my belief. I believe in God, I believe he created all things, which includes animals, fish, plant life and humans. I do not believe in evolution, and I do not give nature the credit that God deserves. I believe the bible to be a book inspired by God to be written by men, for him. I don't see how I could be any clearer.

What I think may cause some confusion in others, is " Their tendency to place people into preconceived catagorys." One poster assumes that because I believe in the bible, well then I must be christian; because he views the bible as a christian book, which is in error; The bible was written for all of humanity, no specific group of humans. Certain christians have just tried to usurp it as their own.

Believers in God can no longer be cataloged into particular groups; no group holds a monopoly on belief, and no group on earth represents God; although each group would like to think they do.

God has not endorsed any group of believers on earth; none that I know of.
Old 25-09-2011, 10:18 PM
Jules

I understand the concept of the bible .. and my own personal belief is it's one persons perception, but am not gonna get into the semantics of that. Why don't you give nature the credit God deserves?

I suppose what I'm struggling with, is if you believe that God created everything .. including consciousness, the space between us is consciousness, thoughts are consciousness, everything is consciousness .. then why can't you believe THAT'S the image of God? .. or have I misinterpreted what youv'e said? (told you I was confuzzled! lol)
Old 25-09-2011, 10:36 PM
SerpentQueen

Sorry have not read the whole thread -- just the first two posts. When man was created in God's image you have to ask *which* God? The bible etc was written by Creator God, which is not the same as Source. The Creator God intends to deceive to keep his humans trapped in this illusion, because once we become untrapped the illusion ceases to exist and there is no 3D. None of this -- no you, no me, not dolphins, no earth, no planets, no science vs creationism, no rocks................ nothing. No Thing. We are back to the formless dot.

We are created in Creator God's image in that 1) we can create ourselves, through power of our own thoughts we create the reality around us; and 2) our minds are very powerful at keeping us trapped in the deception.

As for consciousness, even rocks have consciousness. To say only humans do, is incorrect. There is consciousness in ALL form. The "thought" is a feedback system. What we observe is manifested before we observe it; it's manifested when we create the thought. The only way that can happen is if what we are manifesting -- including rocks --- has consciousness itself to "read" our thoughts.
Old 25-09-2011, 10:36 PM
Master
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jules
I understand the concept of the bible .. and my own personal belief is it's one persons perception, but am not gonna get into the semantics of that. Why don't you give nature the credit God deserves?

I suppose what I'm struggling with, is if you believe that God created everything .. including consciousness, the space between us is consciousness, thoughts are consciousness, everything is consciousness .. then why can't you believe THAT'S the image of God? .. or have I misinterpreted what youv'e said? (told you I was confuzzled! lol)

Jules, I have said very plainly that I believe Consciousness is the Image of God. But everything is not conscious, thus, everything is not the image of God, perhaps we differ there. You seem to believe that everything is conscious; no, everything is not conscious. Consciousness is the governor of behavior; plants, rocks and trees have no behavior. When something is conscious, it has the ability to retrospect and introspect upon associations with other consciousnesses. Consciousness will display hope, fears, knowledges, science, agriculture, technology, trade, civilization, language, writting, education, transportation, religion, art, and psychology- animals, trees , fish and plants have none of these.

Oh some animals can be trained to appear as if they have certain " Human qualities", but they only react with instinct, they are not conscious as we are. They don't need to be. One poster here told me a plant spoke to him once, I don't believe that. Plants have no verbal ability to speak; they just don't. No matter how much we love plants, and animals, we cannot make them out to be what they simply are not.
Old 25-09-2011, 10:38 PM
Shining Star

Like the circle, we have no beginning and we have no end... we were not created, we have always been... Blessing you all my family...
Old 25-09-2011, 10:41 PM
Master
Quote:
Originally Posted by SerpentQueen
Sorry have not read the whole thread -- just the first two posts. When man was created in God's image you have to ask *which* God? The bible etc was written by Creator God, which is not the same as Source. The Creator God intends to deceive to keep his humans trapped in this illusion, because once we become untrapped the illusion ceases to exist and there is no 3D. None of this -- no you, no me, not dolphins, no earth, no planets, no science vs creationism, no rocks................ nothing. No Thing. We are back to the formless dot.

We are created in Creator God's image in that 1) we can create ourselves, through power of our own thoughts we create the reality around us; and 2) our minds are very powerful at keeping us trapped in the deception.

As for consciousness, even rocks have consciousness. To say only humans do, is incorrect. There is consciousness in ALL form. The "thought" is a feedback system. What we observe is manifested before we observe it; it's manifested when we create the thought. The only way that can happen is if what we are manifesting -- including rocks --- has consciousness itself to "read" our thoughts.

I certainly disagree with this; rocks are in no manner conscious. They cannot speak, they cannot walk, they cannot retrospect; they have no brains, no emotions, no intelligence. And rocks certainly cannot read others thoughts. Good greif, I am surprised at even the suggestion that rocks are conscious.

Prove to me a rock is conscious; this I have got to hear!
Old 25-09-2011, 10:42 PM
TeeHee

Question: "What does it mean that man is made in the image of God?"

http://www.compellingtruth.org/created-image-God.html

Edited by SF Staff

Last edited by arive nan : 18-02-2013 at 12:39 AM.
Old 25-09-2011, 10:42 PM
SerpentQueen

Quote:
Originally Posted by mickiel
Well I certainly disagree with this. God made humans superior to animals, yet many still believe that we are continous with the idiot hierarchies of speechless apes. We are not animals, we hold consciousness. We are made in the image of God, animals are not. We can " See into the consciousness of others, animals cannot." Animals rely soley on instincts and physical chemistry, not in introspective psychology like humans do.

The chasm between animals and humans is awesome! The interiority of Consciousness in humans has led to civilization; there is no such thing as " Animal civilization." They are unable to be as such.Or there would have been a real planet of the apes.

I'm not a PETA type, I do eat animals, nor do I have any pets, but one has only to look into the eyes of any loyal dog to know that this is simply just not true.

That is the "feeling" response to you. Read previous post for the "thinking" response... even rocks have consciousness. When you realize this, it's pretty much a blow-your-mind type of realization.
Old 25-09-2011, 10:44 PM
SerpentQueen

Quote:
Originally Posted by mickiel
I certainly disagree with this; rocks are in no manner conscious. They cannot speak, they cannot walk, they cannot retrospect; they have no brains, no emotions, no intelligence. And rocks certainly cannot read others thoughts. Good greif, I am surprised at even the suggestion that rocks are conscious.

Prove to me a rock is conscious; this I have got to hear!

Your definition of consciousness is wrong. I'm about to eat dinner. Do you understand Schroedinger's Cat and the quantum enigma? That would save me a lot of typing, if you could go learn up and/or refresh your memory on that.
Old 25-09-2011, 10:47 PM
Shining Star

Everything is living... the trees, the plants, the rocks, the sea.... we are all made up of tiny atoms and we are all connected... all is life and all is love....