Spiritual Forums

Home

Donate!

Articles

CHAT!

Shop

Welcome to Spiritual Forums!.

We created this community for people from all backgrounds to discuss Spiritual, Paranormal, Metaphysical, Philosophical, Supernatural, and Esoteric subjects. From Astral Projection to Zen, all topics are welcome. We hope you enjoy your visits.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest, which gives you limited access to most discussions and articles. By joining our free community you will be able to post messages, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own photos, and gain access to our Chat Rooms, Registration is fast, simple, and free, so please, join our community today! !

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, check our FAQs before contacting support. Please read our forum rules, since they are enforced by our volunteer staff. This will help you avoid any infractions and issues.

Go Back   Spiritual Forums > Spirituality & Beliefs > Meditation

Old 26-05-2015, 11:09 AM
Master
ok guys, the thing to understand here is the point of a mudra. A Mudras role is to re circulate the energy you need recycling and disperse the energy you do not need. The energy im speaking of is what you will draw in and spread throughout your being during the process of meditation.
The anxiety you feel is not due to the mudra, but is a game played by your minds. this is not uncommon, our minds simply don`t want to stop thinking and focus on what we want them to, so they play up, anxiety sensations is one of those ways of playing up.
When you feel the anxiety, simply , `thank it for the test` in your head and straight away return to the subject of your focus. keep doing this no matter how many times your mind draws you away with what ever distractions it comes up with. Don`t dwell on the distraction, keep returning to the focus of the meditation.
I a liken it to a bad child and the naughty step. The mind is the bad child and the naughty step is your focus of meditation, every time the child gets up and walks away, pick it up and return it to the step. eventually the child gives up and sits peacefully.

good luck
Old 26-05-2015, 05:18 PM
Master
Quote:
Originally Posted by Adam23
Hello to everyone reading. I have been doing meditation with vayu and apan vayu mudras for a while, so far they both work as they were meant to. Yesterday though, I decided to try something else - I did 15 minutes of meditation using the kalesvara mudra - what I found on various sites is that it should calm the mind and diminish the number of thoughts going through the head (which is perfect for me, at least in theory, because I have an anxiety disorder and a restless mind). So, during the meditation I had what I would describe as a "wave of anxiety", something I did not ever had with other mudras. It was so random and surprising. I decided to continue, but shortly after I stopped, because I couldn't concentrate anymore. Today I feel like I have too much energy. I don't feel anxious, but I am at, like an unrest? So I'm a complete opposite of calm. Funny thing is, I have a friend who is a beginner in mudra meditation too. She also did kalesvara mudra yesterday, and... Exact same results. For now I don't plan on continuing with this mudra, but could someone explain as to why that happened?

Hey Adam
I found the mudra u are talking about in a book.

Here it is:
Kalesvara Mudra This Mudra calms the mind. It is powerful and can change character traits and eliminates addictive behaviour. It can be practiced for as long as twenty minutes a day. In this Mudra the middle fingers of both hands should touch at the tips. The first two joints of the index finger and the thumbs should touch. The little finger and the ring finger should be bent inwards. The thumbs should be pointed towards the chest and the elbows spread out on the outside. Inhale and exhale slowly about ten times. Observe the breath and lengthen the pauses slowly after both inhalation and exhalation.

I done it today just before my main meditation for 10 min twice and it helped me to calm my mind it worked great.
I just done the breathing meditation like i exhale and then inhale and hold my breath(pause) for 1 sec then exhale then inhale and then hold my breath for 2 sec ext. u get my point.
My arms cant take it for 20 min so i do 10min at a time
I don't know how u do it so if you want to try this good luck
Old 29-05-2015, 12:18 AM
Adam23

Quote:
Originally Posted by peteyzen
ok guys, the thing to understand here is the point of a mudra. A Mudras role is to re circulate the energy you need recycling and disperse the energy you do not need. The energy im speaking of is what you will draw in and spread throughout your being during the process of meditation.
The anxiety you feel is not due to the mudra, but is a game played by your minds. this is not uncommon, our minds simply don`t want to stop thinking and focus on what we want them to, so they play up, anxiety sensations is one of those ways of playing up.
When you feel the anxiety, simply , `thank it for the test` in your head and straight away return to the subject of your focus. keep doing this no matter how many times your mind draws you away with what ever distractions it comes up with. Don`t dwell on the distraction, keep returning to the focus of the meditation.
I a liken it to a bad child and the naughty step. The mind is the bad child and the naughty step is your focus of meditation, every time the child gets up and walks away, pick it up and return it to the step. eventually the child gives up and sits peacefully.

good luck

Some good advices here, thank you for clarifying this situation up. No wonder my mind is fighting with it, I think I wrote it in the other topic that I have OCD (I am undergoing therapy though) - so, what my mind likes to do is attach itself to the distraction and make a prolonged anxiety of it. Makes perfect sense with what you wrote.
Old 29-05-2015, 12:21 AM
Adam23

Quote:
Originally Posted by anthony c
Hey Adam
I found the mudra u are talking about in a book.

Here it is:
Kalesvara Mudra This Mudra calms the mind. It is powerful and can change character traits and eliminates addictive behaviour. It can be practiced for as long as twenty minutes a day. In this Mudra the middle fingers of both hands should touch at the tips. The first two joints of the index finger and the thumbs should touch. The little finger and the ring finger should be bent inwards. The thumbs should be pointed towards the chest and the elbows spread out on the outside. Inhale and exhale slowly about ten times. Observe the breath and lengthen the pauses slowly after both inhalation and exhalation.

I done it today just before my main meditation for 10 min twice and it helped me to calm my mind it worked great.
I just done the breathing meditation like i exhale and then inhale and hold my breath(pause) for 1 sec then exhale then inhale and then hold my breath for 2 sec ext. u get my point.
My arms cant take it for 20 min so i do 10min at a time
I don't know how u do it so if you want to try this good luck

Thanks for the information, it's good that it works for you. I'll try to do this again, as I stated in my previous post.