Spiritual Forums

Home

Donate!

Articles

CHAT!

Shop

Welcome to Spiritual Forums!.

We created this community for people from all backgrounds to discuss Spiritual, Paranormal, Metaphysical, Philosophical, Supernatural, and Esoteric subjects. From Astral Projection to Zen, all topics are welcome. We hope you enjoy your visits.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest, which gives you limited access to most discussions and articles. By joining our free community you will be able to post messages, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own photos, and gain access to our Chat Rooms, Registration is fast, simple, and free, so please, join our community today! !

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, check our FAQs before contacting support. Please read our forum rules, since they are enforced by our volunteer staff. This will help you avoid any infractions and issues.

Go Back   Spiritual Forums > Spirituality & Beliefs > Meditation

Old 05-11-2013, 01:05 PM
Master
The physical side of meditation

Been meditating for about six months, and I know that at first I was neglecting the physical side of it - all my attention was in my mind, no wonder it was so frustrating to begin with.

Took a break from meditation recently, but I've started doing it again and it's made me realise how important it is to really inhabit your body when you meditate - you aren't going to get much out of it if there's a lot of stress and tension in your body, imo, so you've got to transmute that by making it conscious. This is why observing the breath is so important, too, as if your breathing's consistent and steady, you'll be more relaxed.

Honestly, I think many people who are new to meditation (and even some people who aren't) tend to overlook the physical aspect and see it as being a mental process.
Old 06-11-2013, 04:10 AM
Master
Yep breathing consciously is very helpful and later on it becomes very important for advanced forms. Research some various forms of meditation and how to cycle energy around inside your body also, this to is important for later.
Old 06-11-2013, 01:03 PM
Master
Quote:
Originally Posted by CrystalSong
Yep breathing consciously is very helpful and later on it becomes very important for advanced forms. Research some various forms of meditation and how to cycle energy around inside your body also, this to is important for later.
Been thinking I need to do a bit of research and try different types of meditation, thanks
Old 06-11-2013, 01:20 PM
Master

In my model of the universe, physicality and spirituality are like two sides of a coin. There is no coin that has only one side. This fact is the basis of yoga from which came various meditation techniques. This is also why bandhas (locks), mudrAs (seals) and nyAsa (placement or planting) are important in yoga and tantra.
Old 06-11-2013, 02:19 PM
Master
We could even go one step further and say to Balance the Trinity.
Body, Mind, Spirit.
Old 10-11-2013, 07:24 AM
Seeker

For me, I found that a mantra helped balance physical and mind. When I silently say the mantra, I am aware of how many time it is said during inhale and exhale.

Thanks

Chris
Old 10-11-2013, 02:58 PM
Guide

if you're interested, i did post the open heart meditation on this board. it's very heart centered and you do not have to do anything. no visualizations, breathing techniques, etc. only get very comfortable and let the Source of Love open your heart to remove negativity, etc. it goes very deep and the spiritual growth is lightning fast. actually, it's much faster than lightning, but it's just an expression. :)
And so we know and rely on the love God has for us. God is love. Whoever lives in love lives in God, and God in him. - 1 John 4:16
Old 11-11-2013, 02:00 AM
WhiteCrane

Agreed. We tend to be very head centred, due to four of the five senses being located in the head, plus the fact that in today's society, intellectual ability is highly prized. In my practice, I try to access the more physical deeper senses, viz heat and pressure. Learning some sort of internal energy circulation is very valuable, using either the chakras or meridians.
Old 11-11-2013, 02:42 AM
Master
Found this little gem today, it's completely consistent with what Spirit has been teaching me over the last two years. The Why'sand How's and what to expect and what it means. Awesome Sauce.
Pull up a game of solitaire and listen/watch it.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZRrXaAECtdI
Old 12-11-2013, 12:39 PM
Master
Thanks for the feedback everyone, you're all lovely I'll have a look, tainamom and CrystalSong, thanks.