Spiritual Forums

Home

Donate!

Articles

CHAT!

Shop

Welcome to Spiritual Forums!.

We created this community for people from all backgrounds to discuss Spiritual, Paranormal, Metaphysical, Philosophical, Supernatural, and Esoteric subjects. From Astral Projection to Zen, all topics are welcome. We hope you enjoy your visits.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest, which gives you limited access to most discussions and articles. By joining our free community you will be able to post messages, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own photos, and gain access to our Chat Rooms, Registration is fast, simple, and free, so please, join our community today! !

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, check our FAQs before contacting support. Please read our forum rules, since they are enforced by our volunteer staff. This will help you avoid any infractions and issues.

Go Back   Spiritual Forums > Spirituality & Beliefs > Meditation

Old 17-10-2013, 06:22 AM
Abanana

Unhappy Just can't seem to visualize

Hey guys. I have recently discovered spirituality, and have been very fascinated by it. I have been looking for confirmation, trying to communicate with my guide. So far, I have only been able to ask yes and no questions through a pendulum, which seem to be accurate.
I want to be able to hear him in my head, or see him in my dreams. To have a closer connection basically.
I tried to meditate, but nothing happens. Everything is blank, and I can't seem to visualize anything. Even with a guided meditation, I can't imagine what is being said to imagine.
What should I do? I am getting frustrated at this point. Would really make me happier if I made some kind of a connection soon.
Old 17-10-2013, 09:33 AM
Master
Quote:
Originally Posted by Abanana
Hey guys. I have recently discovered spirituality, and have been very fascinated by it. I have been looking for confirmation, trying to communicate with my guide. So far, I have only been able to ask yes and no questions through a pendulum, which seem to be accurate.
I want to be able to hear him in my head, or see him in my dreams. To have a closer connection basically.
I tried to meditate, but nothing happens. Everything is blank, and I can't seem to visualize anything. Even with a guided meditation, I can't imagine what is being said to imagine.
What should I do? I am getting frustrated at this point. Would really make me happier if I made some kind of a connection soon.
I know exactly what you mean, I still experience this problem myself at times. I think we're trying too hard, it's like we're literally trying to will the visualisations into existence. The mind's such a clever tool, though - as long as you know what the words mean, you don't really have to try. I mean, just think about how your mind can conjure up images involuntarily, without any effort on your part.

Give guided meditation another go, but this time don't fret about trying to see whatever it is they're asking you to visualise - just listen.
Old 17-10-2013, 01:28 PM
Master
I think its fairly common to have problems with visualise, not everyone can, are you naturally a visual thinker? Or more of a feeler? it might be worth looking into this side of it to understand more about how you usually think about things, when someone says 'Tree' to you, do you see a tree in your mind, or do you sense a tree... etc.
I look at it like working with what you already got.. then expanding from there, there isn't any right or wrong ways, its just about finding your way :)
Kind blessings loopy :)

◌ⴽAꕂꕂ A simple smile could be the first aid kit that someone has been looking for,
If you believe with absolute honesty that you are doing everything you can....DO MOREꕂꕂ◌ⴽ
~Shane Koyczan~
Old 17-10-2013, 02:39 PM
Abanana

That's the thing, I am a visual thinker. I work in a restaurant while I attend college, and when a customer asks me what is in the dish, I try to picture it in my head in order to describe it. But this meditation thing seems to be a lot harder.
For example, I tried to do a past life regression a few months ago. The hypnotherapist kept telling me what to visualize, and what I was doing but my brain was questioning everything, and overthinking everything, so of course nothing came. (For example, she would ask me to go in the kitchen and get an apple to peal. We'll I'd be questioning in my head what color the apple should be, and would be 2 steps ahead of her guided meditation by thinking the steps, not really imagining them).It was a very busy NYC building with a corporate office in the next room and I couldn't help but to hear what was going on next door while being guided. She got so frustrated with me. I felt like I couldn't before and wasted both of our times.
So bottom line is- my brain is my worst enemy. If anyone has tips on how to tune it out besides breathing, that would be helpful. Thanks!
Old 17-10-2013, 03:05 PM
Quote:
If anyone has tips on how to tune it out besides breathing, that would be helpful. Thanks!
Well, getting into a "good place" , I always read something very inspiring and right on.

Ha, however, even the most advanced medium might say...you want Uncle George
to come thru and a teacher that wronged you in First Grade does instead.
So...I always say to relax and enjoy the show is best...oh no, wait that was a famous Guru.

This will indeed help, though, it is an esoteric, age old Eastern technique...you must still the
actual eyeballs. If they are flitting around, focus at the Third Eye is not constant and steady.

You can try placing the clean palm, heel?, of your hand comfortably and gently against your eyes. You will feel the perfect fit...or use any fingers and thumbs to gently hold your eyes still. There are techniques you can see demonstrated online if you look around...Try Mishio Kushi, Kriya Yoga, for example...some Forums reveal many techniques once only for the intiated.

I never visualize anything, that is me....I start the sitting in stillness with a pure intent...as gentle as holding a baby...as you go deeper the desire of your heart and feeling your own fervor may take the place of wanting to contact some old Guide....kidding,but not really.

*I'll text in Navy Blue when I'm speaking as a Mod. :)

Prepare yourself for the coming astral journey of death by daily riding in the balloon of God-perception.
Through delusion you are perceiving yourself as a bundle of flesh and bones, which at best is a nest of troubles.
Meditate unceasingly, that you may quickly behold yourself as the Infinite Essence, free from every form of misery. ~Paramahansa's Guru's Guru

Old 17-10-2013, 03:10 PM
Abanana

Talking

Haha! Thanks, I will have to try that.
Old 20-10-2013, 12:16 AM
Marosa

Just try asking, if you don't already. The entities have different ways of speaking to us, and not ALL are easily learned to be taken in the right way, for there are humans who are not apt in likings to "get" messages because of "divine doubt" or so. Clairaudience, is NOT required to speak to your entities within your mind. ;) It's just that you need a better medium skill. Next is, just querying your entit(ies) for a dream can help you greatly. It's not a snobby thing, is this world, right? They are of a high vibration, indeed.
Old 20-10-2013, 02:37 AM
Guide
Abanana, what is it you arent able to do is it visualize or are you wanting to see a vision? when you visualize you are setting the intent to picture something in your mind but you dont actually see it like you will a psychic vision. Visualizing is imagining something and imagining you can see it. Psychic Visions appear in your mind without your control you do actually see the image it could just flash quickly at you but there is a difference between the two.
When i was meditating on my chakras i closed my eyes and imagined a ball of red light, i never saw a ball of red light i just imagined i could and when your doing this your using what they call your inner screen, this is were you see psychic visions. I done a guided centering meditation and i was really relaxed after it so i went to start doing my chakras but first i decided i wanted to connect with my guides, i have never done it before and only had a few visions when i was reading photographes. So i asked my guides to show themselves to me in my minds eye, then started on my chakras i didnt think about my guides or waited for anything i moved straight on concentrating on my chakras, i got to my sacral then a grey wolf appeared, my eyes were closed it was just a flash but i saw it in my minds eye. You will know the difference.
Old 20-10-2013, 02:54 AM
Experiencer
Hello Abanana,

When you say "I tried to meditate, but nothing happens. Everything is blank, and I can't seem to visualize anything", do you have a question in mind that you have asked before that? Otherwise you may just get a "blank" that you described. And if you did ask a question prior, how long did you wait for an answer? Perhaps try to wait a little longer next time. It's very individual how fast messages come. And it probably takes a little longer too in the beginning as your are learning to focus an still your mind.

I hope it helps.

Boson
Old 21-10-2013, 03:48 AM
Abanana

Thanks for all the feedback. I have asked my guide to reveal himself to me or simple send me a thought as a message, and nothing. Also asked to send me a sign acknowledging that they are there. Such as touching my face, or anything that I would notice as acknowledgement, so that next time it happens I would know my guide is around