Spiritual Forums

Home

Donate!

Articles

CHAT!

Shop

Welcome to Spiritual Forums!.

We created this community for people from all backgrounds to discuss Spiritual, Paranormal, Metaphysical, Philosophical, Supernatural, and Esoteric subjects. From Astral Projection to Zen, all topics are welcome. We hope you enjoy your visits.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest, which gives you limited access to most discussions and articles. By joining our free community you will be able to post messages, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own photos, and gain access to our Chat Rooms, Registration is fast, simple, and free, so please, join our community today! !

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, check our FAQs before contacting support. Please read our forum rules, since they are enforced by our volunteer staff. This will help you avoid any infractions and issues.

Go Back   Spiritual Forums > Spirituality & Beliefs > Meditation

Old 08-06-2011, 02:08 AM
Master
achanna... What each person needs to do to balance themselves is very individual. Some feel they need to be vegetarian or stop using alcohol and drugs and some do not. In my spiritual life there have been periods with a teacher or guru and periods without. As you go on it will become clear what's right for you.

Connecting within, in your higher self, is simpler than you might think. Here's a method for doing it:

Three Steps into your true nature - http://www.spiritualforums.com/vb/showthread.php?p=32551#post32551

Xan

Old 08-06-2011, 02:34 AM
achanna

Quote:
Originally Posted by Spiritlite
In my own personal experience, no. However, I do eat meat and on occassion I do drink booze. Also I choose meat that have been humanely raised, no added drugs/hormones/antibiotics, where they are raised in a free and open area. I also eat eggs etc that are grown locally from local farms that are cage free, the milk I drink is expensive but worth it because the cows are not treated chemically and are also given free range--it's strauss milk. I think that choosing those options is a good thing to the world instead of just going cheap (where I understand a lot of people have to) in order to get my fix of meat. I beleive it's the humane choices we make.
Spiritlite.

Thanks Spiritelite – I assume you have been able to connect with the higher self.
Can you please tell me what is the meditation technique you been following.. do you hear divine music as they say ,, do u see light ? how long it took u to reach that state ?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lovely
There are many people who believe meat and alcohol lower vibrations.
One theory is that the fear and pain the animal suffered before death with
be "absorbed" into your energy.

Even though I'm a vegan I doubt) it is mandatory to stop consuming alcohol
and meat to connect to your higher self. Although when you do you may have
no desire to consume such things.
I just think spiritual people being vegetarians is a stereotype and not a
true fact.

Though if you feel going vegetarian, not consuming alcoholic drinks and getting a guru is important for you and your path than I believe you should.

Thanks Lovely – what is the meditation technique you follow… have you been able to see divine light and music

Quote:
Originally Posted by Prokopton
How long have you been doing them, and which meditations? Your 'true self' isn't something you can whistle for...

No you do not need to be vegetarian, but a teacher (to whom you pay attention and who pays you attention in return) rather than an almighty guru (to whom you surrended your identity) can be a help, if you find one you actually like and respect as a human being, etc. etc. But you can get started without that too..

Hi Prolopton – I have tried different meditations.. deep belly … Jose silva’s method…. Now beathing into your heart ..to name a few…

Please share your experience.. how and when you got in to meditation and can you connect to music and light and higherself.. what meditaion you think really worked for you
Old 08-06-2011, 02:35 AM
Master
No one can give you what they don't have, right? That's the idea of guru, a word which means "teacher". In terms of spiritual development there comes a time when you need a flash of inspiration from someone who lives in a space you want to get to. it's the idea of one candle lighting another, passing on the flame.
Old 08-06-2011, 02:37 AM
achanna

Thanks xan !

I have tried it but not going beyond relaxation ... don't hear music.. don;t see light.. when do it know i have connected with the almighty ?

-a

Quote:
Originally Posted by Xan
achanna... What each person needs to do to balance themselves is very individual. Some feel they need to be vegetarian or stop using alcohol and drugs and some do not. In my spiritual life there have been periods with a teacher or guru and periods without. As you go on it will become clear what's right for you.

Connecting within, in your higher self, is simpler than you might think. Here's a method for doing it:

Three Steps into your true nature

Xan
Old 09-06-2011, 02:30 AM
Master
Quote:
Originally Posted by achanna
Thanks xan !

I have tried it but not going beyond relaxation ... don't hear music.. don;t see light.. when do it know i have connected with the almighty ?

-a

achanna... I once asked my former guru, "How can I know the Truth in all that I experience?" He said, "The Truth is silent."

Seeing light and hearing music are not essential in meditation. The aim of spiritual practices is to discover our true spiritual nature which may express itself in different ways at different times - light, sounds, love, peace, joy, pure awareness - yet always beyond the noise of the mind.

It's the inner quietness you can become aware in more easily, as you let go of your expectations. In fact, holding onto expectations of what you should experience in meditation will hold you back more than anything else.
Meditation is a process that takes time to develop, with many experiences and ways of growing along the way. Openness to whatever comes is the best attitude.

And... the "music" of spiritual/non-physical sounds is a powerful meditation practice. It just doesn't sound like the music we are used to.

Here's a thread on The Inner Sound Current - http://www.spiritualforums.com/vb/showthread.php?t=3703

blessings
Xan

Old 09-06-2011, 02:57 AM
Hi achanna,
Personally, I think a person is qualified to answer that has done both.

My experience of both is, no, you do not need a guru and be vegetarian - however,
let me tell you - not eating beans, garlic, green peppers, hot foods, onions or anything else that could make your body belch, burp or have indigestion would be highly recommended.

Sounds funny - but I'm serious.

You really don't want to be reaching amazingly higher realms in meditation experiencing Light or Music or anything else -(the Holy Name) and have a burp bring you "back".

I'm getting as much Grace now eating meat and not following my ex-guru for 35 years.

(It sounds like you have read some about the Sant Mat Traditions or Radhasoami, maybe, Kriya meditation from SRF?)
Miss Hepburn

*I'll text in Navy Blue when I'm speaking as a Mod. :)

Prepare yourself for the coming astral journey of death by daily riding in the balloon of God-perception.
Through delusion you are perceiving yourself as a bundle of flesh and bones, which at best is a nest of troubles.
Meditate unceasingly, that you may quickly behold yourself as the Infinite Essence, free from every form of misery. ~Paramahansa's Guru's Guru

Old 09-06-2011, 03:13 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Xan

And... the "music" of spiritual/non-physical sounds is a powerful meditation practice. It just doesn't sound like the music we are used to.
I thought this was good here...

"If you should in this world bring many thousand sorts
of musical instruments together, and all should be
tuned in the best manner, and the most skillful
masters of music should play on them in concert
together, all would be no more than the howlings and
barkings of dogs in comparison of the Divine Music,
which rises through the Divine Sound and tunes from
eternity to eternity."

(Jacob Boehme, 1575-1624, German Christian mystic, theologian)

*I'll text in Navy Blue when I'm speaking as a Mod. :)

Prepare yourself for the coming astral journey of death by daily riding in the balloon of God-perception.
Through delusion you are perceiving yourself as a bundle of flesh and bones, which at best is a nest of troubles.
Meditate unceasingly, that you may quickly behold yourself as the Infinite Essence, free from every form of misery. ~Paramahansa's Guru's Guru

Old 09-06-2011, 03:26 AM
Master
Sometimes such things such as a Guru can be helpful, but only for the Realization that you never needed them in the first place, you are already that which IS. But by me telling you this will make no difference, you must yourself through your own experience come to Realize this, we can never know it through mere intellectualism.
Old 09-06-2011, 05:42 PM
Master
Quote:
Originally Posted by achanna
I am always told you need a guru to successfully connect to your true self.

Also do you have to be vegetarian and not consume alcoholic drinks ?

Is it true ?

I am trying different meditations mentioned on this site ... but not seeing any difference.. so may be I need a Guru ? or stop eating meat ?

thanks

What's wrong with who you are right now?

Be true to yourself.........if you feel you need to stop eating meat, than do it. if not, than don't. If you feel you need to meditate than do it, if not than don't.
The bigger question is why do you feel you need to do anything at all.
I'm not saying you don't, I'm just suggesting you examine the source of your questions to help understand yourself more clearly.
This will help you to see clearly on what to do next.
Blessings, James
Old 09-06-2011, 05:44 PM
achanna

Miss Hepburn
you are right about Radhaswami ... I have a friend who is Radhaswami follower for a long time.. he tells me you need a guru to connect to your higher self.. and the guru won't accept you if you drink alcohal or eat meat .. i don't drink at all but sometimes eat meat .. but this precondition kind of turns me off.
I have also met few other gurus from other faiths .. and for one reason or other something about them ticked me off.. so here I am still searching .. for truth .. doing whatever I can on my own

Quote:
Originally Posted by Miss Hepburn

(It sounds like you have read some about the Sant Mat Traditions or Radhasoami, maybe, Kriya meditation from SRF?)
Miss Hepburn