Spiritual Forums

Home

Donate!

Articles

CHAT!

Shop

Welcome to Spiritual Forums!.

We created this community for people from all backgrounds to discuss Spiritual, Paranormal, Metaphysical, Philosophical, Supernatural, and Esoteric subjects. From Astral Projection to Zen, all topics are welcome. We hope you enjoy your visits.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest, which gives you limited access to most discussions and articles. By joining our free community you will be able to post messages, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own photos, and gain access to our Chat Rooms, Registration is fast, simple, and free, so please, join our community today! !

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, check our FAQs before contacting support. Please read our forum rules, since they are enforced by our volunteer staff. This will help you avoid any infractions and issues.

Go Back   Spiritual Forums > Spirituality & Beliefs > Meditation

Old 17-05-2016, 05:00 PM
Seeker

Fish Subtle breathing/breathlessness during meditation

I've been experiencing this breathless state during meditation for the last year now

I would love to hear others experience with this state
Old 17-05-2016, 05:32 PM
Deactivated Account

Google Thai Forest tradition Access to Insight. There's a lot of the teachers there who teach about this. They are usually prefaced with the title 'Ajahn'.

Truth/
Compassion
/
Wisdom
Old 17-05-2016, 07:04 PM
Master
It's common with the type of meditation that moves into a deeply settled state where thoughts slow or stop. Very many people have experienced it.

It's even been studied quite a lot by scientists. The studies show that physiology (including metabolism, I seem to recall) slows down.

It's quite a centering and restful state.
Old 18-05-2016, 03:04 AM
Well...there's nothing I can say...it leaves me breathless...
I just mentioned it in the Poetry section....
It's... it's...a 'state'...

*I'll text in Navy Blue when I'm speaking as a Mod. :)

Prepare yourself for the coming astral journey of death by daily riding in the balloon of God-perception.
Through delusion you are perceiving yourself as a bundle of flesh and bones, which at best is a nest of troubles.
Meditate unceasingly, that you may quickly behold yourself as the Infinite Essence, free from every form of misery. ~Paramahansa's Guru's Guru

Old 20-05-2016, 06:54 PM
Master
Quote:
Originally Posted by Adam713
I've been experiencing this breathless state during meditation for the last year now

It means you are being fed prana from the inside. I will be posting on this in a day or so. It's a fantastic achievement - you are touching a very deep space inside.
Old 20-05-2016, 08:15 PM
Lightbulb

Quote:
Originally Posted by Uma
It means you are being fed prana from the inside.
Oh....yes....I have never heard it put that way!

*I'll text in Navy Blue when I'm speaking as a Mod. :)

Prepare yourself for the coming astral journey of death by daily riding in the balloon of God-perception.
Through delusion you are perceiving yourself as a bundle of flesh and bones, which at best is a nest of troubles.
Meditate unceasingly, that you may quickly behold yourself as the Infinite Essence, free from every form of misery. ~Paramahansa's Guru's Guru

Old 23-05-2016, 02:39 PM
Newbie ;)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Adam713

That's called 'kumbhak' in yoga. It's an indication that you are getting a really good meditation. only when the thoughts subside completely does one get an experience of this spontaneous breathless state...

happy for you....cheers!
Old 23-05-2016, 11:25 PM
Guide
You might not like what I have to add, but we've called it Access Concentration, or Entrance level, it's where meditation begins. When a person has settled internally enough to start the meditation, an important step, nonetheless. As Uma said one does shift to a prana-fed state, it can be incredibly invigorating, many physical and mental side-effects from such. This would be a first step in how the yogis can meditate for hours with ease, or even days, or longer, it's like a very awake, bright, hibernation, if I may be so crude.

A "nimatta" generally begins to arise as the next focal point in meditation, usually it's a soft light of some color depending on object and/or mental state. Then one can use these as aids to deepen one's practice, as well as expand the breathe of one's practice to work both on and off the mat.

I would relate it to finding the car keys, and ignition; now you have found both. You can sit in your car, or let it take you places, either way, I hope you have a good ride.
Old 23-05-2016, 11:47 PM
Master
There are videos of the famous Buddha Boy living on prana for days and days. Here's one Buddha Boy
Old 25-05-2016, 12:59 AM
Guide
Very cool link! Reminds me of the Yogi who was highly documented, blood tests, etc. The found how these deep states fundamentally changes the way the body works(and simultaneously confounding modern medicine). :P