Spiritual Forums

Home

Donate!

Articles

CHAT!

Shop

Welcome to Spiritual Forums!.

We created this community for people from all backgrounds to discuss Spiritual, Paranormal, Metaphysical, Philosophical, Supernatural, and Esoteric subjects. From Astral Projection to Zen, all topics are welcome. We hope you enjoy your visits.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest, which gives you limited access to most discussions and articles. By joining our free community you will be able to post messages, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own photos, and gain access to our Chat Rooms, Registration is fast, simple, and free, so please, join our community today! !

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, check our FAQs before contacting support. Please read our forum rules, since they are enforced by our volunteer staff. This will help you avoid any infractions and issues.

Go Back   Spiritual Forums > Spirituality & Beliefs > Meditation

Old 17-05-2016, 04:47 AM
Seeker

Smile Intention is important in meditation. Let me explain.

I have been meditating for about three years now. i can honestly say my intentions in the beginning were purely egotistical. I was doing it as a means of separation from others, as a way of being "different." As I strengthened my practice and dove deeper within myself over the years, I came to the realization that meditation is about none of that. Its not a means of feeling "unique", its not a means of separation. Its about becoming ONE within yourself which inevitably lets you become one with others. i often hear people say I want to meditate to "relax." I believe when people set this intention it is paradoxical in the sense that it only strengthens the ego. "I"= Ego "Want"= Desire "Relax= Condition. How can we set a conditional state on our infinite souls? Do you see where ego comes in? I approach meditation with a nothingness attitude. I want and need nothing. The present moment has no requirements. Now, as a result of immersing into nothingness, relaxation is an automatic outcome so there is no need to pursue egotistical states during meditation. The soul is already relaxed, you just have to remove the mental chatter to feel it! Relaxation was just an example and I do understand people meditate for many different reasons. I believe a pure intention going into meditation is essential for true spiritual and meditative progress.

Love to all!
Old 18-05-2016, 03:09 AM
Very nice, Adam.

Well, intention, is my middle name.
I have many threads here, Adam.

My intention is very one-pointed and clear.
Intention is, oh, so important when starting meditation.

I'm glad you brought it up.

*I'll text in Navy Blue when I'm speaking as a Mod. :)

Prepare yourself for the coming astral journey of death by daily riding in the balloon of God-perception.
Through delusion you are perceiving yourself as a bundle of flesh and bones, which at best is a nest of troubles.
Meditate unceasingly, that you may quickly behold yourself as the Infinite Essence, free from every form of misery. ~Paramahansa's Guru's Guru

Old 18-05-2016, 08:02 AM
Master
Quote:
Originally Posted by Adam713
I have been meditating for about three years now. i can honestly say my intentions in the beginning were purely egotistical. I was doing it as a means of separation from others, as a way of being "different." As I strengthened my practice and dove deeper within myself over the years, I came to the realization that meditation is about none of that. Its not a means of feeling "unique", its not a means of separation. Its about becoming ONE within yourself which inevitably lets you become one with others. i often hear people say I want to meditate to "relax." I believe when people set this intention it is paradoxical in the sense that it only strengthens the ego. "I"= Ego "Want"= Desire "Relax= Condition. How can we set a conditional state on our infinite souls? Do you see where ego comes in? I approach meditation with a nothingness attitude. I want and need nothing. The present moment has no requirements. Now, as a result of immersing into nothingness, relaxation is an automatic outcome so there is no need to pursue egotistical states during meditation. The soul is already relaxed, you just have to remove the mental chatter to feel it! Relaxation was just an example and I do understand people meditate for many different reasons. I believe a pure intention going into meditation is essential for true spiritual and meditative progress.

Love to all!

Nice post, sounds good and thoughtful. My one critique is toward the end where 'you just have to remove the chatter'... but hell, I'm so picky!
Old 20-05-2016, 09:21 AM
Seeker
I have been meditating on a daily basis, for seven years now. I too have found intention to be important. I also find being in nature makes me feel balanced.
Old 20-05-2016, 01:35 PM
Knower

I agree that intention is important, but I disagree if said that "I want to relax" as a wrong intention.
Everything is has causality. If "I want to relax" is a cause of you do meditate, what is the cause of you want to relax?

From my point of view, If a person want to train/practice to become a better person, they all have a good intention.
Old 20-05-2016, 02:33 PM
Deactivated Account

Intention is what perturbs the Quantum Field to effect probabilities.
One need not be religious to be Spiritual. A Wizard commands power to influence probabilities, stands between worlds with one foot on earth and the other in the heavens, is in tune with the Infinite, knows truth and is at peace with self and the Universe.
Old 20-05-2016, 02:42 PM
Master
Quote:
Originally Posted by Shekinah
Intention is what perturbs the Quantum Field to effect probabilities.
Took the words right out of my mouth!

()
Old 20-05-2016, 03:15 PM
Master
As soon as I awaken from sleep I do quiet meditation while I am still quiet inside and before my mind has begun to engage. This way intention never enters my mind even though my actions of mediating as soon as I get out of bed infers its’ own intention.
Old 23-05-2016, 06:50 AM
Seeker

Yes

Quote:
Originally Posted by Starman
As soon as I awaken from sleep I do quiet meditation while I am still quiet inside and before my mind has begun to engage. This way intention never enters my mind even though my actions of mediating as soon as I get out of bed infers its’ own intention.

EXACTLY. Perfectly said
Old 25-05-2016, 05:32 AM
Deactivated Account

Quote:
Originally Posted by Adam713
I have been meditating for about three years now. i can honestly say my intentions in the beginning were purely egotistical.

Take them as it comes.

There was a man who was hungry, starved, desperate. He suffered and so he sought.

He walked into a nearby tavern overnight intending to steal from the inhabitants. When he entered those Grounds, his lips parched and his belly with that dull ache he had come to know, he spotted a beautiful bird perched on the window outside, just across the passageway from the entrance.

The bird was a magnificent yellow and red, its beak was long and it held itself majestically. The man hesitated for a moment, because in that moment, he felt something "different". He could not put his finger on it, but "different".

Soon he continued on into the grounds, and those tavern doors opened. Instead of a sleepy inn with sleeping inhabitants, he was met with a big boned, bosomed, lady with a red and white apron and tangled, dirty hair in a bun. She took one look at him and snorted, "Starving eh?"

She hauled him across the door, and this took him by surprise because he was supposed to be the aggressor yet this woman took charge - strongly, forcefully, but without malevolence.

She sat him down at a table and said gruffly, "I'll get you a loaf, we have some left over soup as well."

Stunned, and also now confused and embarrassed, the man sat there, he grappled with his emotions and finally acquiesced to her hospitality.

Years later, he still lived there: a devoted worker who had found him home amongst hospitality and kindness. Even gruffness. The bird he admired would visit every once in a while, a beacon of hope and goodness in those times of need. Peace was borne and stayed in his Heart At Last.

Motivation at the beginning is a small part of the story of how Spirituality can develop - or what is on offer for the genuine Aspirant. It is the forgoing of selfishness, and the insight into what is temporal, temporary, moving, and what is not of True Spirit, that is essential.

The doors are open to all - suffering, confused, wanting relief or peace. These are not impediments but only invitations to the Genuine Seeker to move further into the ground of truly knowing, for oneself, God's gift to All.

Truth/
Compassion
/
Wisdom