Spiritual Forums

Home

Donate!

Articles

CHAT!

Shop

Welcome to Spiritual Forums!.

We created this community for people from all backgrounds to discuss Spiritual, Paranormal, Metaphysical, Philosophical, Supernatural, and Esoteric subjects. From Astral Projection to Zen, all topics are welcome. We hope you enjoy your visits.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest, which gives you limited access to most discussions and articles. By joining our free community you will be able to post messages, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own photos, and gain access to our Chat Rooms, Registration is fast, simple, and free, so please, join our community today! !

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, check our FAQs before contacting support. Please read our forum rules, since they are enforced by our volunteer staff. This will help you avoid any infractions and issues.

Go Back   Spiritual Forums > Spirituality & Beliefs > Meditation

Old 23-05-2016, 07:02 AM
Seeker

Smile Cant put the meditative state into words. Anyone?

Does anyone find themsleves having a difficult time verbally explaining the meditative state? It gives me a nice laugh every time I attempt this and fail. The meditative state cannot be spoken, only experienced.

The more you try to conceptualize it, the further you distance yourself from it. I just find it humorous how it is difficult to put state into words. Anyone else feel the same?

Love to all!
Old 23-05-2016, 08:23 AM
Master
Quote:
Originally Posted by Adam713
Does anyone find themsleves having a difficult time verbally explaining the meditative state? It gives me a nice laugh every time I attempt this and fail. The meditative state cannot be spoken, only experienced.

The more you try to conceptualize it, the further you distance yourself from it. I just find it humorous how it is difficult to put state into words. Anyone else feel the same?

Love to all!
Throughout history there have only been vague approximations of it and all can only describe just a very small part of it.

I don't know why we keep trying to explain it to begin with when we know we're only wasting our time, ever thought of that?

This whole conceptualisation tends to come 'after the fact' but something always gets lost in translation somewhere, notice that?

It doesn't make me laugh every time I attempt this and fail...I'm more like this: why do I keep banging my head this way?...it hurts! I should stop doing it!

I just think that it's something others will find out when they are ready...when they are ready...

For like you said, the meditative state cannot be spoken about, only experienced...some of us just try and hasten the whole process yet also realise we're just wasting time doing it.
Old 23-05-2016, 12:04 PM
Master

Quote:
Originally Posted by Adam713

Love to all!

Actually , this inability to express or articulate the experiential meditative state of pure consciousness has also been stated in the upanishads...

That which cannot be expressed by speech, but by which speech is expressed—That alone know as Brahman and not that which people here worship.

Wholesome virtuous behavior progressively leads to the foremost.~ Buddha AN 10.1

If you do right, irrespective of what the other does, it will slow down the (turbulent) mind. ~ Rajini Menon
Old 24-05-2016, 04:47 AM
Master
It's really weird, but this song just keeps on playing over...and over...and over and I can't stop it. It's a connection.

"I Want You" - Savage Garden

Anytime I need to see your face,
I just close my eyes
And I am taken to a place where
your crystal mind and
Magenta feelings take up shelter
in the base of my spine
Sweet like a chic-a-cherry cola
I don't need to try and explain;
I just hold on tight
And if it happens again, I might move
so slightly