Spiritual Forums

Home

Donate!

Articles

CHAT!

Shop

Welcome to Spiritual Forums!.

We created this community for people from all backgrounds to discuss Spiritual, Paranormal, Metaphysical, Philosophical, Supernatural, and Esoteric subjects. From Astral Projection to Zen, all topics are welcome. We hope you enjoy your visits.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest, which gives you limited access to most discussions and articles. By joining our free community you will be able to post messages, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own photos, and gain access to our Chat Rooms, Registration is fast, simple, and free, so please, join our community today! !

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, check our FAQs before contacting support. Please read our forum rules, since they are enforced by our volunteer staff. This will help you avoid any infractions and issues.

Go Back   Spiritual Forums > Religions & Faiths > Hinduism

Old 30-09-2016, 05:56 PM
Knower

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shanti Shanti
I would not call attachment foolish as this would imply that you are calling 99.9% of people in the world fools. This is the Lord's Maya machine.

The ego is very deceptive it will hold on to you and take many forms the hardest and most difficult is taking pride in spiritual achievements. So to avoid pride I believe every soul on this planet is moving / evolving so quickly, nothing can stop us moving towards God, every experience every attachment will take us another step towards Him even if we are unaware of it. Only one who is born pure will not have attachments.

Therefore everything and everyone should be respected as a manifestation of God.

Attachment is by itself blameless. This attachment is a natural tendency of the mind, and it can be directed either towards the world or towards God. When one becomes attached to God, detachment from the world arises naturally and spontaneously.

We become attached only to forms, such as people, houses, cars, etc. and also feelings based on such physical forms.

If everyone is a manifestation of God as you say, then the attachment to such people should lead us towards the truth. However, we see people going to the extent of cheating and murdering other humans to maintain their bonds with those they consider to be their closest. Such blind bonds are the very reason for the suffering of so many people.

The thing is, not all souls are God. Only some souls can be considered as God, and these are known as the human incarnations of God. If you're in a position to develop a bond with a human incarnation of God, then this relationship will eventually supersede all other bonds in your life. This attachment to God, which is based on a human form you can see, feel and talk to, will effectively lead to natural detachment from the world.
Old 02-10-2016, 09:29 AM
Knower

Quote:
Originally Posted by peteyzen
love your work dattaseva

Thank you my friend. Most of my posts in this forum are based largely on my understanding of certain very insightful teachings by a revered Swami. If I'm like a light bulb, then this Swami is like the power station.

My humble suggestion would be to directly go through the Swami's teaching at universal-spirituality.org. Cheers!