Spiritual Forums

Home

Donate!

Articles

CHAT!

Shop

Welcome to Spiritual Forums!.

We created this community for people from all backgrounds to discuss Spiritual, Paranormal, Metaphysical, Philosophical, Supernatural, and Esoteric subjects. From Astral Projection to Zen, all topics are welcome. We hope you enjoy your visits.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest, which gives you limited access to most discussions and articles. By joining our free community you will be able to post messages, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own photos, and gain access to our Chat Rooms, Registration is fast, simple, and free, so please, join our community today! !

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, check our FAQs before contacting support. Please read our forum rules, since they are enforced by our volunteer staff. This will help you avoid any infractions and issues.

Go Back   Spiritual Forums > Spirituality & Beliefs > Love & Relationships -Friends and Family

Old 11-12-2015, 02:54 AM
Master
Feeling like you are different than everyone.

I look the part of society, i make friends everywhere, I'm generally if not the life of the party than a big part of what keeps the party going, yet I feel always set apart. Different, unable to camouflage my not-like-others-ness. No one seems to mind, I may actually have more friends because of it.... But I'm alone.

I have always had lots of "friends". Like people who actually really like me around and we have fun and stuff. I'm out Friday night and Saturday night with two different groups. However when it comes down to it I feel alone with all of them. Family, friends, spouse. I've met one person who I felt not alone with. We don't see each other much but we are the same. Only difference is being around lots of shallow relationships doesn't bother him much. So not the same I guess.

He's ok with it... me those relationships only hold so much interest for me.
Being around other people the same as me though.... I'd love that, so far only the one though and my husband doesn't mind but his wife does so we don't see each other much.

I wonder if others are like me and feel alone amongst friends and family... Have you guys met anyone you didn't feel alone with? Are we the ones who feel different all the same? Like we could form a group... :)

I know crazy talk.

I actually saw a shrink about this.... She is a psychotherapist who is also spiritual. She said its not a condition but that I am looking for such deep connection that there might be only 100 people in the world who could potentially give that to me... She wasn't terribly specific with a label but we were running out of time. The Jist was I am very much not crazy, not expecting the impossible, just that my intuition is pretty good at telling me who can offer me the connection I'm looking for and Unfortunatley there just aren't many im running into.

She mentioned perhaps checking out a few spiritual groups in the area in case someone could be there..... I will do that.

So just as usual being to open, sharing to much , but curious if someone has found what I'm looking for.
Old 11-12-2015, 03:51 AM
life.love.regret.

You are different.

I can relate to lot of what you say. If you're crazy, we both are.
Old 11-12-2015, 04:31 AM
Master
Quote:
Originally Posted by life.love.regret.
You are different.

I can relate to lot of what you say. If you're crazy, we both are.
Yeah we are enough the same that I'm not alone online now.
Thank god?/source?/messiah?/Mathew?/As?

I wonder what it is though... I'd love like a group of "the same kind of different".
Imagine that bonfire!! Or beach vacation, or hell even in a nursing home as 90 year olds that could be a great time.

Were our brains just not quite mailable enough to be programmed thoroughly?

I guess I have to go talk to that shrink again to find out what she figures it is I am seaking from people that is so rare.

She told me I'm not crazy though just looking for something specific so kinda makes paying $160 an hour seam wasteful. Lol

Glad to know you LLR. No regrets!
Old 11-12-2015, 05:59 AM
Master
Quote:
Originally Posted by TheGlow
Are we the ones who feel different all the same? Like we could form a group... :)

I know crazy talk.She said its not a condition but that I am looking for such deep connection that there might be only 100 people in the world who could potentially give that to me...
Unfortunatley there just aren't many im running into.
but curious if someone has found what I'm looking for.
You are seeing accurately that most people live more on the surface, only getting 'deeper' for a few brief moments in their lives. Many seem to be OK with that; many don't know any different.

I'm in the same boat. Sadly that doesn't mean we would be 'compatible' with each other in such a group of people in the same situation. The number of 'deep' people in the world is noticeably more than 100. However, 100 is a realistic number that would also be compatible and available to 'go deep' with another person like yourself.

Sadly settling doesn't work :(
Old 12-12-2015, 05:57 AM
Master
Quote:
Originally Posted by wstein
You are seeing accurately that most people live more on the surface, only getting 'deeper' for a few brief moments in their lives. Many seem to be OK with that; many don't know any different.

I'm in the same boat. Sadly that doesn't mean we would be 'compatible' with each other in such a group of people in the same situation. The number of 'deep' people in the world is noticeably more than 100. However, 100 is a realistic number that would also be compatible and available to 'go deep' with another person like yourself.

Sadly settling doesn't work :(
Thanks for chiming in WStein. How do you manage it? Did you find others?
Old 12-12-2015, 01:51 PM
Master
On occasion I find others that are somewhat similar (it is very rare)...but still, in the end I think you just have to appreciate it and have gratitude for it (the different feeling). Even though at times it can appear and feel lonely, it is a gift. That's what I believe anyway.
Would you rather live the other way... really?
I wouldn't! Even though I get frustrated at times and feel just like you. ((Hugs))
Old 12-12-2015, 04:22 PM
Knower
Quote:
Like we could form a group... :)
I'm reminded of that old Nicholas Cage and Meg Ryan movie, "City of Angels" where all the angels met on the ocean shore to listen to the dawn ... too bad those of us seeking spiritual camaraderie couldn't "gravitate" to our own peaceful location at the same moment to get to know one another.
Old 13-12-2015, 06:14 AM
Pathfinder
We're born alone, we live alone, we die alone. Only through our love and friendship can we create the illusion for the moment that now we're not alone. Orson wells
I guess relate though I went to 15 diff countries before I was 15 so growing up I found I had to walk around on egg shells and play aloof just being around most every one
I like you find it easy to make connections with anyone but feel after time bored and like I've wasted my energy to be blunt and that's the truth of it i am in most cases
I remember osho spoke of aloneness a lot and found this quote
I have always been alone on my path. Even today I am absolutely alone. Your being here does not make any difference – my aloneness remains untouched – because aloneness is so intrinsic. Nobody can enter into your aloneness. You can be in the crowd and absolutely alone, but you may be alone and not alone at all. You can sit in a cave in the Himalayas and still think of the crowd, of the girlfriend and the boyfriend and the marketplace and what is going on there….
Look him up its all he really spoke of
At the end of the day u r unique as is all of nature feeling different is just recognition of that to me but then we are all in the same boat and most of us who ponder such things I would I imagine feel the same thing at the end of the day
Old 13-12-2015, 02:52 PM
Guide

If a man does not keep pace with his companions, perhaps it is because he hears a different drummer. Let him step to the music which he hears, however measured or far away.

Henry David Thoreau
Old 13-12-2015, 05:38 PM
Deactivated Account
Quote:
Originally Posted by TheGlow
I'm generally if not the life of the party than a big part of what keeps the party going