Spiritual Forums

Home

Donate!

Articles

CHAT!

Shop

Welcome to Spiritual Forums!.

We created this community for people from all backgrounds to discuss Spiritual, Paranormal, Metaphysical, Philosophical, Supernatural, and Esoteric subjects. From Astral Projection to Zen, all topics are welcome. We hope you enjoy your visits.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest, which gives you limited access to most discussions and articles. By joining our free community you will be able to post messages, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own photos, and gain access to our Chat Rooms, Registration is fast, simple, and free, so please, join our community today! !

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, check our FAQs before contacting support. Please read our forum rules, since they are enforced by our volunteer staff. This will help you avoid any infractions and issues.

Go Back   Spiritual Forums > Spirituality & Beliefs > Dreams

Old 28-11-2017, 08:05 AM
Master
Overcoming addiction dream

Last night before bed I asked my angels and guides for guidance in my life right now but as I've been feeling a bit down I asked for supportive messages not telling me off essentially.

So I dreamt that I had of overcome my addiction, I could see myself standing there all bright with the sun shining and blue skies, I looked happy and clear and I was just aware that I wasn't smoking cannabis anymore. I felt really happy about this in the dream. I also remember someone offering me two mirrors, one had a black plastic edge and was more compact but still about a foot big, the other one was more open and had no frame just some sparkles around the outside and was a bit bigger than the other, and I chose the black one.

Is this dream a positive sign of my intentions to overcome my addictions in the waking world?
Old 28-11-2017, 12:16 PM
Master
Seeing a successful outcome in your dream is like a dress rehearsal for what your higher Self wants for you in the real world.

It doesn't mean it will be easy, but your dream is trying to make you feel positive and see stopping smoking in a good light, it is certainly trying to encourage you to try quitting.

With the mirrors, I have found that often at the start of a spiritual journey we are offered something pure and perfect but without fail we cannot take it, and instead have to go on a learning journey.

In your dream the bigger frameless sparkly mirror was the ultimate offer, but the best you can do is take the black framed one, and that is the harder road because it will be looking at the black in your life, but it is also the only way through, you simply can't just go straight to the sparkly mirror. In the end you'll come to own the sparkly mirror, but you have to go on this black framed spiritual journey first.
Old 28-11-2017, 12:49 PM
Master
Thank you Django,

Yes I can see how that image was encouragement of the final outcome as I don't see much hope even though I have the determination to do it, it is hard, so this gives me hope! That's cool about the mirrors, it was like I couldn't accept the better one as I didn't feel I was good enough, so that makes sense how the dark mirror is taking me down a path looking at the dark things such as learning self acceptance. I love the message in this dream, I really needed it, thank you for your interpretation it is really helpful to me!
Old 28-11-2017, 02:00 PM
Super Moderator
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ladyrose92
Thank you Django,

Yes I can see how that image was encouragement of the final outcome as I don't see much hope even though I have the determination to do it, it is hard, so this gives me hope! That's cool about the mirrors, it was like I couldn't accept the better one as I didn't feel I was good enough, so that makes sense how the dark mirror is taking me down a path looking at the dark things such as learning self acceptance. I love the message in this dream, I really needed it, thank you for your interpretation it is really helpful to me!

I agree that the first part of the dream was a good omen for you overcoming your addiction. But based on what you have said I do have a bit of a different spin on the mirrors part. I have always felt a bit annoyed when someone in the spiritual community says our issues are by choice and all we have to do is simply choose something different. There is truth to the fact you could have chosen the sparkly mirror, choose to see yourself in a more favorable light than only seeing your negative aspects, but it isn't something that is always easy to do and sometimes it feels downright impossible. It isn't but it sure feels that way because our brains get programmed early on to think certain ways. Our parents have a big influence on how we behave because we model ourselves after them and how they respond to the world. There may be exceptions but most of us learn how to relate to the world very early on and it becomes a part of our subconscious thought process and not something that can be controlled with ease. If we have parents that tend towards the negative in how they respond to life then we may find that we gravitate towards thinking negative. We aren't doing it on purpose is the point. You chose the black mirror because somewhere early on you were taught to see your flaws as opposed to champion your strengths and talents.

Addiction is a good example and maybe why it is a part of human life. A physical addiction to cigarettes, alcohol or drugs is symbolic for negative behavior or negative thinking. It is just the physical manifestation of our inner energy. Work on how you see yourself and you may naturally find yourself wanting to smoke less. This said, physical addictions are very difficult to break. I smoked for 25 years and I had to get the medicine that helps you break addiction to be able to quit. A part of me liked to smoke. But I also quit smoking before I started to work on my negative self view that I learned from my father. He taught me that nothing I did was good enough and that I should use anger as a response to life. I've done pretty well controlling my anger for the most part but seeing myself in a favorable light has not been easy.

Change is not easy but it is possible. The key is to give ourselves a break and know that being human is not easy and working to change how the human brain relates to the world is no small feat. But you are making progress and the dream is showing you that success is possible. But I do believe the dream is trying to say that a big part of the reason why you gravitate towards a self destructive habit is because you have a tendency to look at yourself with only a negative lens. Start giving yourself some credit and maybe next time in the dream you will choose the sparkly mirror.
Old 28-11-2017, 03:10 PM
Master
Hey Michelle, thank you, yes I do agree. I noticed last week that whenever something changes, I get really antsy about it and reject it straight away; I noticed this is how my mum was when I was younger, and I realised I don't want to be like that and I want to embrace changes or at least make my own mind up about them when they arise. So I see what you mean about the black mirror representing looking at the negative side of things, negative thinking and seeing self negatively. I am doing my best to see myself more positively, I feel much better after loosing 2.5 stone, but I still see myself negatively as an initial response. When I was staring at my face in the mirror the other day as I realised I always turn away, my face changed to what I perceived as an unloved part of myself which looked depraved of love, so I sent lots of love and I felt better. I also realise I wind myself up and become obsessive about details etc when I just need to sit back and work with what I have instead of what I want. So yes, I definitely do understand your point of the black mirror being a representation of negativity.

Also, I really resonate with what you say about anger, my initial response to anything that is against what I believe is anger, most of the time unless I'm in a good frame of mind, and this is how my step dad reacts. Ive been working on being patient and taking things for what they are instead of resisting or being angry and causing myself more suffering. Also my mum picks at things and always has to find something to keep her busy, I found myself doing this even though I am a chilled person, I can see how by doing those actions, I am choosing the black mirror, but to choose to meditate or do what is in line with myself and what Is positive for me, would be the sparkly mirror.So I see what you mean. Making positive choices will allow my life to be smoother as it is, as opposed to choosing negative and causing resistance.

Part of me enjoys smoking, I want to give up to save money and for my health, but mentally, I still want it. And this is probably why, because my mind is what is thinking negatively, thank you for sharing Michelle this really helps me!
Old 28-11-2017, 03:25 PM
Super Moderator
It definitely takes time but it sounds like you are on the right track. Just keep redirecting your negative thoughts and energies like you are doing and eventually you will reach what is called a tipping point where you flip to the more positive side. I think many of us give up too soon because it takes so long (often years) to change our habits we feel it is impossible but persistence will win the day. You have the right tools and intentions, it is just a matter of learning a new healthier habit in your thinking and like I said, you very possibly will just give up the smoking naturally without much effort. Good luck.
Old 28-11-2017, 03:28 PM
Master
Thank you
Old 28-11-2017, 09:47 PM
Master
In the words of the great Rumi...

Not by turning away from the pain, and thinking positively, but by working through the pain, directly, and facing the shadow self. This to me is taking hold of the black framed mirror.