Spiritual Forums

Home

Donate!

Articles

CHAT!

Shop

Welcome to Spiritual Forums!.

We created this community for people from all backgrounds to discuss Spiritual, Paranormal, Metaphysical, Philosophical, Supernatural, and Esoteric subjects. From Astral Projection to Zen, all topics are welcome. We hope you enjoy your visits.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest, which gives you limited access to most discussions and articles. By joining our free community you will be able to post messages, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own photos, and gain access to our Chat Rooms, Registration is fast, simple, and free, so please, join our community today! !

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, check our FAQs before contacting support. Please read our forum rules, since they are enforced by our volunteer staff. This will help you avoid any infractions and issues.

Go Back   Spiritual Forums > Spirituality & Beliefs > Soulmates & Twin Flames

Old 14-02-2011, 05:16 PM
Ljenkins

What does it mean to merge or become one?

I have been doing more and more research into twin flames and I often see things such as "merging" or "becoming one" and I am at a loss as to what this means. How can two separate individual consciousnesses become one entity or androgynous? What happens to the two individuals and their own individuality?
Old 14-02-2011, 05:26 PM
Lilstar07

The way I see it; By being in harmony they can be together so that they can create.They atre not half of each other but are half of the whole as seperate entities,both indivduals have to be whole before they can become one, so individuality HAS to remain.So its more of two greats combinding together to make an even greater great....I dont know if you got a word I said but it made sense in my head
Old 14-02-2011, 07:06 PM
Experiencer
Have you ever loved someone so much you feel like you want to climb into their skin with them and be part of them? A yearning to be one with the other is usually a strong part of the twin flame experience. Although both are an individual consciousness, they are also in a way different aspects of the same consciousness and become a whole when they are together. The reason twin flame relationships are so powerful is because we are literally meeting another part of ourselves in a different body. It's not a loss of individuality but a gain of fuller self. It is the union of opposite aspects - exactly what the yin/yang symbol represents.

My twin flame is in spirit and I have merged with her before. It is an indescribable sensation and equally indescribable when we pull apart again. Because I'm in a human body and it is my higher self doing the merging rather than my human consciousness, I'm not really aware of what's going on, though I know I do feel different - my energy feels very pleasurable and I feel a kind of loss when we seperate again. We don't do it very often because when we are merged I'm not able to talk to or interact with her (she's one of my spirit guides) and I miss that, but she tells me that we spend a lot of time merged in the spirit world. We long for that completeness and it feels blissful and ecstatic, but after a while we miss being able to interact and cuddle and be loving with one another, so we seperate again, and so it goes around.

It's very beautiful.
Old 14-02-2011, 11:01 PM
Ljenkins

I appreciate the responses!
Lilstar, I definitely got what you said and it made sense to me as well.

That was a great description Westleigh. I suppose what I thought was once a merger took place that was it and they were always one being, I didn't think it was a temporary thing and then they could go back to being two beings to do whatever together. That does explain why when I'm with my twin I feel an overwhelming sense of completeness and unity, although we don't rely on eachother to feel "whole" as we are both very whole people, its deeper than that and that might sound a little confusing but it makes sense to me.
Old 15-02-2011, 03:22 AM
Iamlight

It actually is a lot more than confusing I have merged with my twin it borders insanity and you do feel like you are indeed crazy from the time that we were split in the beginning we learned new lessons lived seperate lives and we are two different and unique undividuals and once merged feel like a split personality but it does get better with time as you sort it out and it is truly a wonderful feeling once you have gotten used to it and it is very different. but in the end we are one whole being who between us have learned the lessons of love, of wisdom, of compassion, and forgiveness among others if you have experienced this like i have EMBRACE IT and it is as Westleigh describes it with the exception we can interact with each other in the mind.
Old 15-02-2011, 05:57 AM
LadyImpreza1111

I guess in my case.........doing things I knew that my twin likes makes me feel close to him at times. For example.......he plays the guitar. He also loves Spanish music. Today I bought a 4-pack of cds of spanish guitar music.
I also think there are some songs from my favorite artist (that reminded me of him) I used to play back when I had myspace and I have this feeling that he grew to appreciate them and the artist as well.

We have our own individuality and I definitely don't want that to go away. We have few differences but I definitely would love nothing more than to nurture them.His passion is music. Mine is writing. I will encourage him to do what he loves to do and I'll do my own thing.
Old 15-02-2011, 11:32 AM
Knower
Quote:
Originally Posted by LadyImpreza1111
We have our own individuality and I definitely don't want that to go away. We have few differences but I definitely would love nothing more than to nurture them.His passion is music. Mine is writing. I will encourage him to do what he loves to do and I'll do my own thing.

You can always write lyrics for his music. *wink*

Anima
Old 16-02-2011, 01:05 AM
Ljenkins

I also read that twins split only when they incarnate but that didn't make sense to me and I just didn't feel it in my heart, but as you guys said that it is not a permanent, constant thing makes far more sense to me. I couldn't imagine why they would never want to remain separate for periods of time in the spirit world.