Spiritual Forums

Home

Donate!

Articles

CHAT!

Shop

Welcome to Spiritual Forums!.

We created this community for people from all backgrounds to discuss Spiritual, Paranormal, Metaphysical, Philosophical, Supernatural, and Esoteric subjects. From Astral Projection to Zen, all topics are welcome. We hope you enjoy your visits.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest, which gives you limited access to most discussions and articles. By joining our free community you will be able to post messages, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own photos, and gain access to our Chat Rooms, Registration is fast, simple, and free, so please, join our community today! !

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, check our FAQs before contacting support. Please read our forum rules, since they are enforced by our volunteer staff. This will help you avoid any infractions and issues.

Go Back   Spiritual Forums > Lifestyle > Health

Old 27-07-2016, 07:32 AM
Master
Quote:
Originally Posted by sound
Try the swiss ball for core strength too, which you can use at home in front of your desk while you are hitting the books ... used it several times daily after spinal surgery and my core strength returned within a 6 week period ... mine is covered in dust at the moment but ill get back to it again ... it is good for use while laying on a yoga mat too ... remember that thread i started in the exercise forum .. it outlines a few of the routines i used ... i would probably break my neck now haha I've never been to a gym before and used all of the fancy equipment ... what sort of membership fees does it usually attract?

The gym I'm at is called 'fitness first'. There's hundreds of them all over the place. It costs 16$ a week which gives access to any branch 24/7 in oz and NZ.

They have a room with swiss balls and medicine balls and soft exercise mats etc... different stuff, and also a TV which can play workout videos to follow, and I do most of my ab or core routine in there, with a few weights at the end. I did use a ball once, and I will go on you tube and see what's what in the way of Swiss ball routines, and perhaps do that when my body gets used to what I already do. They say you have switch it up a bit to 'shock' the body when it gets used to routines that are too repetitive for too long.

Today I did a full legs workout and after some lunch I went back to work on the chest... gotta stop those flabby ol' man boobs from growing and get some like solid muscle in there. As usual I'm in there lifting like 1/2 or 1/3 of what the other blokes are doing, which is crushing for big mucho ego, but fact is, I'm this strong, not stronger, and I learn my own limitations, not someone else's.
Old 27-07-2016, 03:10 PM
Master
I've got some of those swiss balls sitting in the box still uninflated and collecting dust. I guess it's time to actually take them out of the box!

You know what I truly dislike about fitness centers? Mirrors. I have taken fitness classes but I cannot stand those mirrors. I should stick to the exercise machines ...

I gotta stop those flabby everything women get... :-/

Hey sound!
Old 27-07-2016, 10:54 PM
Master
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sarian
I've got some of those swiss balls sitting in the box still uninflated and collecting dust. I guess it's time to actually take them out of the box!

You know what I truly dislike about fitness centers? Mirrors. I have taken fitness classes but I cannot stand those mirrors. I should stick to the exercise machines ...

Hey sound!

I use the mirrors all the time not to 'look good' in them, but to watch if I'm doing the exercise with the right from. The thing I don't like is the incessant teenybobber music videos. Honestly, who needs it? There's two I'm remembering that I hate: Fergie singing about milfs and milk money or something, and another one where these 4 girls buy pizza and basically dance around in their lingerie. I'm like, why are these girls wearing sexy knickers to perform a rock song, and in Fergie's case I'm like, what compels is a mature age woman to act like a tennybopper while singing about milfs and milk money? Is 'milk money' slang for something else?
Old 28-07-2016, 01:10 AM
Ascender
I love doing classes at the Gym or doing Kettlebell workouts on Youtube.
I also love walking - (puts music on and just walking the riverside path is what I'm enjoying atm :) )

Ive never been a Gym Bunny and don't have the discipline to follow a set programme for me as such...I get bored too quickly with it. So I need to get involved in something as a group. Ive always loved playing team sports - so maybe that's the thing for me overall.

Just moving the body is just a great way to exercise for starters.

My diet has changed so much and I tend to eat clean mostly - in fact - Ive become really fussy about food altogether. But if I want some chocolate
( feel like it ) I have it too! I don't deny myself really - but my own body tends to let me know somehow - what it needs and I eat it, I listen to it
( just happens to be that its healthy foods )

Ive been on a health kick, Lifestyle change for a while now and I'm totally into it.

The changes feel great though though doesn't it Gem ? :). A new lease on life perhaps :)

" And can any of you by worrying add a single hour to the span of life?"

Jesus Christ

Old 28-07-2016, 08:42 AM
Master
y
Quote:
Originally Posted by mArIya
I love doing classes at the Gym or doing Kettlebell workouts on Youtube.
I also love walking - (puts music on and just walking the riverside path is what I'm enjoying atm :) )

Ive never been a Gym Bunny and don't have the discipline to follow a set programme for me as such...I get bored too quickly with it. So I need to get involved in something as a group. Ive always loved playing team sports - so maybe that's the thing for me overall.

Just moving the body is just a great way to exercise for starters.

My diet has changed so much and I tend to eat clean mostly - in fact - Ive become really fussy about food altogether. But if I want some chocolate
( feel like it ) I have it too! I don't deny myself really - but my own body tends to let me know somehow - what it needs and I eat it, I listen to it
( just happens to be that its healthy foods )

Ive been on a health kick, Lifestyle change for a while now and I'm totally into it.

The changes feel great though though doesn't it Gem ? :). A new lease on life perhaps :)

Yes it is pretty monotonous but at the moment it's new and much to learn and the gym is like an experimental place to try stuff I learn on you tube.

I changed attitude to food where it's fuel for my body, rather than eating to be full, comfort eating and low octane food, and I eat more than I used to, but smaller serves more often in the day. Same here though, my body senses what it needs to burn.

I feel much different to when I started, just brings the life right out in you, and at the moment I'm burning a small furnace.

It was today that the training went a deeper in, I have been going pretty hard for my fitness level, and working one section a day. 1 day just legs, next day just core, next day chest, back, shoulders, so each section works hard for near to two hours, and I basically hurt all over in that athletic sort of way, and the fire is starting to kick in.
Old 28-07-2016, 11:35 AM
Master
Quote:

Hey sound!

Hey you Sarian :)
Yep ... time to get that ball out of its box! says she who hasnt even looked at hers for eons ... I need a motivator ... I've never worked out intentionally ... I trained in classical ballet for years and took my fitness and mobility for granted back then as you do when you are full of youth and vitality lol maybe I will still walk the Camino ... its still on the bucket list .... I just need to know my mum is ok in my absence ...
Old 28-07-2016, 12:03 PM
Master
I liked this video https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2Nxct9Sqdn4
Old 28-07-2016, 12:55 PM
Master
Quote:
Originally Posted by Gem
I use the mirrors all the time not to 'look good' in them, but to watch if I'm doing the exercise with the right from. The thing I don't like is the incessant teenybobber music videos. Honestly, who needs it? There's two I'm remembering that I hate: Fergie singing about milfs and milk money or something, and another one where these 4 girls buy pizza and basically dance around in their lingerie. I'm like, why are these girls wearing sexy knickers to perform a rock song, and in Fergie's case I'm like, what compels is a mature age woman to act like a tennybopper while singing about milfs and milk money? Is 'milk money' slang for something else?
Hahahaha!!! I hear you.I hate teenybopper music anywhere.

I didn't like the mirrors because it makes me so self-conscious LOL. I try not to look at them. What bothers me is the older I get, the harder it is to stay in shape and if I gain weight, say over the winter, the harder it is to get it off. I am at the point of seeking out a nutritionist but that said I really have to ramp up the exercise, cardio and weights just to maintain a weight...I feel to lose weight, I have to eat once a day. It's maddening. I have to NOT gain any weight in the winter lol. I'm a morning person so as soon as the sun comes up, I'm raring to go...but when the days are shorter, I need to get disciplined to get up as I would when the sun's coming up at 5 in the summer months..
Old 28-07-2016, 11:43 PM
Master
Quote:
Hahahaha!!! I hear you.I hate teenybopper music anywhere.

I didn't like the mirrors because it makes me so self-conscious LOL. I try not to look at them. What bothers me is the older I get, the harder it is to stay in shape and if I gain weight, say over the winter, the harder it is to get it off. I am at the point of seeking out a nutritionist but that said I really have to ramp up the exercise, cardio and weights just to maintain a weight...I feel to lose weight, I have to eat once a day. It's maddening. I have to NOT gain any weight in the winter lol. I'm a morning person so as soon as the sun comes up, I'm raring to go...but when the days are shorter, I need to get disciplined to get up as I would when the sun's coming up at 5 in the summer months..

I think a proper diet plan works better that just eating less, and when I got that podgy little paunch I was also getting paranoid about eating, but now with doing a lot of exercise and basically following a diet plan to suit, it feels like it's under control and things are getting better.
Old 28-07-2016, 11:49 PM
Gracey

If you haven't come across Zuzka Light on you tube, she is worth a look. She doesn't do machines at the gym, but what she will do is teach you moves that will not experience on a machine. Most videos are just 5 minutes. She has some on nutrition as well.

One thing I like to do is calisthenics. It helps build the muscles around your bones the most. And don't worry about other guys lifting more than you. There are people at my gym who will press 125 pounds eight times. I will press 65 pounds 100 times. Their muscles look bigger, but they are not as strong. Bulk doesn't mean strength.

http://www.bodybuilding.com/fun/how-...nics-body.html