Spiritual Forums

Home

Donate!

Articles

CHAT!

Shop

Welcome to Spiritual Forums!.

We created this community for people from all backgrounds to discuss Spiritual, Paranormal, Metaphysical, Philosophical, Supernatural, and Esoteric subjects. From Astral Projection to Zen, all topics are welcome. We hope you enjoy your visits.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest, which gives you limited access to most discussions and articles. By joining our free community you will be able to post messages, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own photos, and gain access to our Chat Rooms, Registration is fast, simple, and free, so please, join our community today! !

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, check our FAQs before contacting support. Please read our forum rules, since they are enforced by our volunteer staff. This will help you avoid any infractions and issues.

Go Back   Spiritual Forums > Spirituality & Beliefs > Astral Projection

Old 07-08-2012, 07:27 PM
embrace

Astral Projection VS privacy

I'm still not that good at AP and still trying to run some test before I believe it's a "real thing" and not just a dream. I know many of you here are quite skilled at AP, so I thought I'd ask: given that just about anybody can learn AP and basically travel without limitations and fly/walk through walls and closed doors, is there such a thing as PRIVACY? Astral Projection is not an openly discussed topic around the world. Every year more and more people become interested in it. Does this mean that every year there is less and less privacy? I know it sounds silly, but can you assume that whenever you take shower, you might not be alone??? :) That's a bit terrifying, don't you think?

Have you done anything immoral while astral projecting? Have you spied on anybody? Went through doors that were not supposed to be open? Seen things that were not supposed to be seen?
Old 08-08-2012, 12:02 AM
Experiencer

I've never APed, still trying, but I think like with everything else, you have to have some sort of code of ethics when astral projecting. I know I wouldn't want someone spying on me, and wouldn't do the same to someone else. For instance, when I use telepathy to talk to a certain someone, I don't just barge into his mind and announce that hey I wanna talk whether he likes it or not. I first say hello and test to see if I feel any sort of resistance on his end. If I don't, then I go ahead with what I have to say. But if I do feel resistance, I back off and wait to try it again another day or just send him a message from my soul to his. So yeah, I guess it all comes down to one's ethical code.
Old 08-08-2012, 01:24 AM
Master
Embrace--

I also feel there is an element of permission required by those you visit or who visit you. There are those who have told me--"I don't need permission. I can go wherever I want."

Somehow, I don't believe it. Either the person has allowed permission at a level he/she is not aware of or else it wouldn't be happening.

I think there is an element of ... confidence that you have the right to deny access to "yourself" when you feel like it.

I don't really spend a lot of time worrying about it somehow. It's not that I am so assured of absolute privacy, it's more that I've realized that with AP/OBE you can't really hide yourself anyway. Your thoughts, your fears--they're all out there in the open, telepathically available. And isn't that more important than someone surprising you in the shower?

If you sense there is someone around you whom I didn't allow, I send a blast of my own white light out--pushing whomever back out of my space. But, as I said, the beauty of spiritual contact is that nothing is really hidden. You have to be who you are.

Isle - Lora
Old 08-08-2012, 01:36 AM
Knower
Well ever since my father passed away a couple of years ago I've been digging deeper into all things related to the spirit world and from my understanding we are never alone. I'm ok with being watched I guess simply because I don't know who's watching me lol. I admit if one of my friends or just someone I know by mere acquaintance came and told me "hey I saw you the other night while I was APing" I would be uncomfortable.I can only hope that there is some sort of block or barrier during my most private moments lol. I have yet to AP but when I do I dont think I would want to cross the line of spying on ppl because I dont want it done to me.
Old 08-08-2012, 02:34 AM
Master
AstralButterfly--

Also, in my understanding, "who" you see astrally or in OBE is not the physical person-it is the energetic pattern of that person. And I would think that, unless we are really focused on what we are wearing, we would appear as we think of ourselves, not necessarily as we are.

And depending on your vibrational level and that of the person "seeing" you--that will determine how you are seen. So, for spiritual entities, we see them as energetic patterns--orbs, shadow forms, fog/mist. We probably can take many forms when being seen by others who are incarnated as well.

I've only had a few instances where I felt "someone" interfering with me. In one case I think I was beginning to dose off and have images. Suddenly things appeared with the image that didn't come from me, I was sure of that.

Almost immediately I thought of someone who had passed who might think something like that was funny. I immediately said (in my mind) "Get out of here!" and I felt they did.

Another time, as I woke during the night and came back to bed I heard the word, "Oh no!" Now, no one says that unless they've been caught where they shouldn't be. I projected energy out to sort of blast them away. I saw an image of a body being propelled out, although that could have just been my visualization.

I can't really verify either of these experiences, but I do trust that some part of me knows, even if I have no conscious clue who it is or what they wanted.

Trust that you will have a feeling, some indicator if something isn't right. Just trust yourself and know that you are protected at all times. Your guides won't let you be exposed to more than you can handle.

There are those who say that in addition to our Master Guide (and whatever other guides, angels, teachers we may have at a particular time) there is also a Guardian. Their job is to protect us --from entities that should not have access.

Again, these are concepts and I can't verify them. Our consciousness is much greater than we know and maybe it's just a matter of our consciousness knowing much more than we are ever aware of--but, in any case, I believe we are protected--or what happens is a lesson we need to learn.

Isle - Lora
Old 08-08-2012, 03:22 AM
Sangress

Quote:
Have you done anything immoral while astral projecting? Have you spied on anybody? Went through doors that were not supposed to be open? Seen things that were not supposed to be seen?

As far as projecting into the physical world is concerned....

Yeh, I've spied before for various reasons and after a while (unless its for an investigation or regards someones safety) it just became common place, even boring.

As far as I can tell there really are only so many things you can walk in on that the human race does behind closed doors...when you've seen enough it just becomes meaningless.

In a lot of these kinds of situations the saying 'what people don't know can't hurt them' would probably apply too.
Old 08-08-2012, 07:21 AM
embrace

Quote:
Originally Posted by IsleWalker
Embrace--

I also feel there is an element of permission required by those you visit or who visit you. There are those who have told me--"I don't need permission. I can go wherever I want."

Somehow, I don't believe it. Either the person has allowed permission at a level he/she is not aware of or else it wouldn't be happening.

I think there is an element of ... confidence that you have the right to deny access to "yourself" when you feel like it.

I don't really spend a lot of time worrying about it somehow. It's not that I am so assured of absolute privacy, it's more that I've realized that with AP/OBE you can't really hide yourself anyway. Your thoughts, your fears--they're all out there in the open, telepathically available. And isn't that more important than someone surprising you in the shower?

If you sense there is someone around you whom I didn't allow, I send a blast of my own white light out--pushing whomever back out of my space. But, as I said, the beauty of spiritual contact is that nothing is really hidden. You have to be who you are.

Isle - Lora

I like your theory, Lora.
Old 08-08-2012, 02:40 PM
Master
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sangress
As far as projecting into the physical world is concerned....

Yeh, I've spied before for various reasons and after a while (unless its for an investigation or regards someones safety) it just became common place, even boring.

As far as I can tell there really are only so many things you can walk in on that the human race does behind closed doors...when you've seen enough it just becomes meaningless.

In a lot of these kinds of situations the saying 'what people don't know can't hurt them' would probably apply too.

Sangress-

I thought you were "functionally blind" and saw energetically with a kind of "echo-location".

Lora
Old 08-08-2012, 09:08 PM
Sangress

Quote:
I thought you were "functionally blind" and saw energetically with a kind of "echo-location".

I am and I do, but it doesn't mean I cant 'see' and define what people are physically doing or saying in my own ways.
Old 08-08-2012, 09:27 PM
Master
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sangress
I am and I do, but it doesn't mean I cant 'see' and define what people are physically doing or saying in my own ways.

So you see clothing, actions, locations?

L