Spiritual Forums

Home

Donate!

Articles

CHAT!

Shop

Welcome to Spiritual Forums!.

We created this community for people from all backgrounds to discuss Spiritual, Paranormal, Metaphysical, Philosophical, Supernatural, and Esoteric subjects. From Astral Projection to Zen, all topics are welcome. We hope you enjoy your visits.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest, which gives you limited access to most discussions and articles. By joining our free community you will be able to post messages, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own photos, and gain access to our Chat Rooms, Registration is fast, simple, and free, so please, join our community today! !

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, check our FAQs before contacting support. Please read our forum rules, since they are enforced by our volunteer staff. This will help you avoid any infractions and issues.

Go Back   Spiritual Forums > Spirituality & Beliefs > Astral Projection

Old 23-07-2012, 09:51 PM
SeekingAdvice

How long does it take for you to AP?

To be honest, I just got curious. I don't mean how long it took you until you AP'd for the first time, I mean how long does it usually take for you to go from fully conscious state to trance state and how long does it take from trance to properly "drifting" out of your body? It's pretty personal, as I'm guessing every person will take more/less time. Still, I kinda want to measure my time, sometimes I get up and see that an hour has passed and I feel I'm not getting nowhere.

Anyway, hope I get lots of replies!
Old 24-07-2012, 12:11 AM
Experiencer
For me it is instantaneous. I just have to focus and have the intention. Once I have these then it happens.
Old 24-07-2012, 12:16 AM
Mayflow

Quote:
Originally Posted by SeekingAdvice
To be honest, I just got curious. I don't mean how long it took you until you AP'd for the first time, I mean how long does it usually take for you to go from fully conscious state to trance state and how long does it take from trance to properly "drifting" out of your body? It's pretty personal, as I'm guessing every person will take more/less time. Still, I kinda want to measure my time, sometimes I get up and see that an hour has passed and I feel I'm not getting nowhere.

Anyway, hope I get lots of replies!

I think I am pretty much always in a trance state. I am not sure why I would want to "properly" drift out of my body though?
Old 24-07-2012, 02:59 AM
Master
I sleep for 2-3 hours listening to a Binaural beat, then when I wake up (hopefully with-in 2-3 hours) I take turn off the Binaural beat take off the headphones/ear buds and relax. With in a minute or two I will start having vibrations and with in a minute of the vibrations starting I will leave my body.
Old 24-07-2012, 06:28 AM
Master

I can understand how you feel if you have been lying there for an hour without any results. It has happened to me and I am sure it has happened to other people. If it takes a long time it is important not to think you cannot ap. We have to know we can still ap even if it takes longer, otherwise ap will most likely become a lot harder. If you wait for another half an hour or so you would most likely ap. If you are lying there and are feeling sore, it is best to get up for a while or change positions. It is hard to ap if you are feeling uncomfortable but it is still possible to ap. Sometimes I ap quickly and other times it can take longer. I used to ap spontaneously but I do not seem to be able to do that anymore.
When it takes a long time to ap it is probably because you are not relaxed enough. Perhaps you could listen to a relaxing CD that will make you feel really relaxed. That should fix the problem. I should listen to my CD as well when it takes a while to ap. The problem with listening to the CD is you can easily fall asleep.
Old 24-07-2012, 07:01 AM
Master

I made a mistake. If you listen to a CD and you fall asleep it is not a problem. Just accept it and try again.
Old 25-07-2012, 10:47 PM
SeekingAdvice

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mayflow
I think I am pretty much always in a trance state. I am not sure why I would want to "properly" drift out of my body though?

What I mean by "drifting" out of my body is really just leaving your physical body and to make full use of the spiritual body. I can't seem to be able to achieve this state. :c

Quote:
Originally Posted by astralsuzy
I can understand how you feel if you have been lying there for an hour without any results. It has happened to me and I am sure it has happened to other people. If it takes a long time it is important not to think you cannot ap. We have to know we can still ap even if it takes longer, otherwise ap will most likely become a lot harder. If you wait for another half an hour or so you would most likely ap. If you are lying there and are feeling sore, it is best to get up for a while or change positions. It is hard to ap if you are feeling uncomfortable but it is still possible to ap. Sometimes I ap quickly and other times it can take longer. I used to ap spontaneously but I do not seem to be able to do that anymore.
When it takes a long time to ap it is probably because you are not relaxed enough. Perhaps you could listen to a relaxing CD that will make you feel really relaxed. That should fix the problem. I should listen to my CD as well when it takes a while to ap. The problem with listening to the CD is you can easily fall asleep.

Actually, I thought being uncomfortable was the key to AP, since it kinda helps you not fall asleep. Besides, it helps me trick my body into thinking I'm in another position (say, on my side) while I'm really just laying on my back.

From what I had understood, if I wanted to AP before sleeping, I would have to lie in a way I dont usually sleep in (on my back in my case) so I wouldn't fall asleep (I mean unconsciously) and I would have to stay still, even if my face or whatever part of my body itched or felt funny. I got close once or twice, but it's a no go and, of course, all my body felt kind sore afterwards, which I always thought was related to my body getting relaxed. However, my body can't have relaxed so much if it didn't do the "jolt" that usually makes you jump in bed, which it never did and made me wonder a bit. I know that this isn't the best way to AP (waking up during the night and then going back to sleep is easier if I'm correct), but I can't set an alarm for that since I have my parents in the next room.

I think I need a step-by-step guide or something, maybe I'm doing something wrong.

PS: Just in case it wasn't clear, I still haven't AP'd yet, so I'm open for suggestions ^_^
Old 25-07-2012, 11:09 PM
Sangress

As far as measuring timeframes goes I find a good way of tracking progress is to look at your own progress over a weeks time (so in your case maybe roughly measure the amount of time it takes for you to go through different states overall and divide it evenly) and apply that same timeframe and amount of progress to the future for the next few weeks.

Then once a month has gone by (or a couple weeks) gauge how long it takes in a single 'session' (could have sped up or slowed from what you first thought) and then you can alter your estimate slightly until eventually it gets narrowed down and more accurate over time.

It's more personal than relying on what other people think and its worked quite well for me to get rough timeframes.

I use the same thing on a long term basis and such too.

Hopefully that made sense.....its early morning here. Not a morning person.

P.S - it takes me half a second to AP...so its not as though i really recognise separate states of altered consciousness or various steps to take. I'm weird like that.

I'm sure others would be a bit better at giving AP advice to you to get you started.
Old 25-07-2012, 11:26 PM
Mayflow

Quote:
Originally Posted by SeekingAdvice
What I mean by "drifting" out of my body is really just leaving your physical body and to make full use of the spiritual body. I can't seem to be able to achieve this state. :c

Actually, I thought being uncomfortable was the key to AP, since it kinda helps you not fall asleep. Besides, it helps me trick my body into thinking I'm in another position (say, on my side) while I'm really just laying on my back.

From what I had understood, if I wanted to AP before sleeping, I would have to lie in a way I dont usually sleep in (on my back in my case) so I wouldn't fall asleep (I mean unconsciously) and I would have to stay still, even if my face or whatever part of my body itched or felt funny. I got close once or twice, but it's a no go and, of course, all my body felt kind sore afterwards, which I always thought was related to my body getting relaxed. However, my body can't have relaxed so much if it didn't do the "jolt" that usually makes you jump in bed, which it never did and made me wonder a bit. I know that this isn't the best way to AP (waking up during the night and then going back to sleep is easier if I'm correct), but I can't set an alarm for that since I have my parents in the next room.

I think I need a step-by-step guide or something, maybe I'm doing something wrong.

PS: Just in case it wasn't clear, I still haven't AP'd yet, so I'm open for suggestions ^_^

Something you can try is to relax before falling asleep and visualize a tiny dot of light in your head in your brain, and then move that dot of light around in your head in various patterns that you enjoy and that entertain you.
Old 26-07-2012, 07:58 AM
Master

Sometimes you just have to wait for ap to happen. I cannot make it happen. I can only encourage it to happen.
It is best not to be too comfortable as it is easy to fall asleep. There is no guarantee, you can still fall asleep when you are uncomfortable but it can help to stay awake.
If you do not want to use an alarm, I would suggest to say to yourself before going to sleep I am going to wake up early, whatever time you want to wake up. It may not work overnight but in time it should work.