Spiritual Forums

Home

Donate!

Articles

CHAT!

Shop

Welcome to Spiritual Forums!.

We created this community for people from all backgrounds to discuss Spiritual, Paranormal, Metaphysical, Philosophical, Supernatural, and Esoteric subjects. From Astral Projection to Zen, all topics are welcome. We hope you enjoy your visits.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest, which gives you limited access to most discussions and articles. By joining our free community you will be able to post messages, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own photos, and gain access to our Chat Rooms, Registration is fast, simple, and free, so please, join our community today! !

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, check our FAQs before contacting support. Please read our forum rules, since they are enforced by our volunteer staff. This will help you avoid any infractions and issues.

Go Back   Spiritual Forums > Spirituality & Beliefs > Dreams

Old 26-03-2015, 08:18 PM
Deactivated Account

Smile giving someone a plant

In waking life, I don't get on with my mother too well, she suffers from alcoholism (though she says she is going to give up) this makes her angry and unpleasant. She has a good side like everyone. She usually just ignores me and acts like I'm not there. (I'm sharing this so the dream can be interpreted better)

In my dream last night:

There was plant in a bag that my mum had just left, she had received it as a gift from someone but never took it out, the plant was in darkness. I found the plant and took it into her bedroom while she was in there. (she spends a lot of time in there)

Then I was in my room wrapping up a gift for her in pink wrapping paper. One of the gifts was an inspiring book, another was some sweets. I also wrote out a card for her.

What do you think?
Old 26-03-2015, 10:13 PM
Administrator
Well a plant is a living thing it needs light water and looking after I feel these are things that are lacking in your relationship with your mother.giving her a gift is your hope that she changes and gets help this is like a role reversal you are playing the mother,your mother acting like the child,

Namaste
Old 26-03-2015, 10:39 PM
Super Moderator
Plants are ideas. You or someone has tried to plant an idea in her but she is unwilling or simply unable to accept it. Addiction has far more to do with self image and other deep issues than it has to do with substances. So though she might consciously want to try to break the addiction if she did then she would be forced to face her inner demons and she may not be ready for that. She quite frankly is probably very in the dark herself about why she can't confront the addiction. I would say just keep doing what you can to inspire her to feel good about herself. Anger is a defense mechanism. So try to not take what she says personal. Try to not get pulled into the drama of it and keep planting seeds of inspiration, not just the idea of quitting a bad habit and maybe someday something will start to grow in her. But in the end you do have to reconcile that this is her bed that she made and there is only so much you can do to help her find a new bed.
Old 27-03-2015, 03:08 AM
Knower

re:

The plant in the bag, the one your mom received as a gift, the one she never took out, the one in darkness (because it was never taken out) is your moms gift of life. You, as her child, can see that she never really used her gift of life.
You wrapping her a gift in your room (your space) represents how u want your mom to better her life, inspire her, sweeten her up, so that she can be better, and therefore you can hope to make a better relationship with her. That's what I think.
Old 27-03-2015, 07:19 PM
Suspended
This could be a dream where you are taking care of yourself. Taking the plant out the bag so you can grow. Wrapping various gifts for your self and giving yourself some inspiration. You are now starting to take care of yourself. This is your healing, from the problems your mother left on you.
Old 27-03-2015, 07:35 PM
Deactivated Account

Thankyou! I love and appreciate all of your perspectives! They are all very true and I will take them on board!
Old 05-04-2015, 04:51 AM
Newbie ;)

Hi friend. The plant is the gift of love light n life...given to each person to do as they please. Your mother is currently ignoring her Creator given gift. You on the other hand have taken this gift and taken its potential above n beyond! Notice that each gift that You've given her is derived from Your own "plants''...books n paper from trees ..sweets from trees n plants like cocoa n sugar cane. We cannot control what others do but we can control ourselves n that is what counts. I wish You immense peace n love on Your beautiful journey. Stay strong fam :)
Old 05-04-2015, 07:52 PM
Deactivated Account

Hi Mirror eyes, thank you for your beautiful words, I love that, it is also very true, appreciated! I'll stay strong, I wish you peace too! All the best