Spiritual Forums

Home

Donate!

Articles

CHAT!

Shop

Welcome to Spiritual Forums!.

We created this community for people from all backgrounds to discuss Spiritual, Paranormal, Metaphysical, Philosophical, Supernatural, and Esoteric subjects. From Astral Projection to Zen, all topics are welcome. We hope you enjoy your visits.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest, which gives you limited access to most discussions and articles. By joining our free community you will be able to post messages, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own photos, and gain access to our Chat Rooms, Registration is fast, simple, and free, so please, join our community today! !

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, check our FAQs before contacting support. Please read our forum rules, since they are enforced by our volunteer staff. This will help you avoid any infractions and issues.

Go Back   Spiritual Forums > Spirituality & Beliefs > Angels & Guides

Old 05-04-2011, 12:19 AM
Knower
I think everyone has guides. Some may come in and out as one needs them. I think everyone has at least 1 guide with them from the time they are conceived until they cross over.
Old 05-04-2011, 01:32 AM
Gentrash

@Sangress

Out of curiosity, what kind of guides did you have before they broke bond?
Old 06-04-2011, 12:02 AM
Sangress

Quote:
@Sangress

Out of curiosity, what kind of guides did you have before they broke bond?

There was one named Khalis. He had never incarnated into a body and was very reserved and disconnected from the physical world...you could call him the "Lead" guide, because the others seemed to look up to him.

He was very patient, wise and respectful of me, but even so he was unhappy with the burden of being connected to me, and open to my energy at all times. He was sorry to leave, but assured me that I would do well alone and that it was for his own safety and I respected his decision.

there was also a beautiful white dragon whom watched over me directly after Khalis departed, whom has parted ways with me a couple of years ago, two dead ancestors, one dead relative and a woman who was assigned to me as a guard for a short period of time, also three shadow spirits guided me for a while until I let them leave (the relationship with the shadows was more of a buisness agreement, so they held no true friendly ties with me in the first place.)

There have also been spirits who were not guides, who were connected to me, but they have since moved on as well.
Old 06-04-2011, 03:07 AM
stepspractice

Quote:
Originally Posted by glengarriff
Curious, what you think.

Does every one have spirit guides and or Angels?

How do you know if you do or not. Is it possiblle that they can leave you? And why do you think they would?

Thanks!
This particular teaching speaks about Angels

"...this Angelic Presence has many different levels of expression and different levels of service. Yet its overall purpose is to oversee the progress and the well-being of humanity.

But the Angelic Presence cannot interfere uninvited unless they are requested with great earnestness to be of assistance. Even here there are limitations placed because you have been given a free will living in this separated state—living in form, now unaware of your origin and your destiny, now unaware of the greater Knowledge that lives within you. You are given free will—the freedom to choose, the freedom to deny, the freedom to deceive yourself and others, the freedom to believe whatever you want, to imagine whatever you want, to think of God and reality in any way you want or not at all. You have this freedom. Therefore, the Angelic Presence must respect these things."

From "God, Knowledge and the Angelic Presence" on the New Message website.

I simply love these teachings. When I first found them I knew this was what I had been looking for. Perhaps this will answer some of your questions about angels...
Old 06-04-2011, 09:17 AM
ZeroPointField

Wow, the threads get so long on this forum! Which I love, but when I have a thread I wanna jump into, I feel like I should read the whole thing and then my eyes hurt after about 4 pages. So anyway, as usual, I'm just gonna jump in and hope I'm not repeating someone else.

Someone mentioned guardian angels...C.W. Leadbeater claims that guardian angels are actually very powerful thought forms created usually by a mother's love. I would imagine if this is true they could probably be created by other's love too, but he talks about in several writings how a mother's love has a particular strength and energy not found elsewhere. I think I got that right. I haven't read it in a while. Don't know if it's true, but thought it was interesting and thought I'd share.

Sangress - you mentioned something about guides being manipulative. I would have to disagree I think, although from some things you've explained to me, I can see why you might see it that way. Your situation or nature, however you want to say it, is clearly different from a lot of people's, but I think many people who may experience a guide as pushing or manipulating or "guiding" them in a way that maybe they don't "consciously" want at that time, are not as aware of other parts of themselves that DO want this help or pushing, etc. Hope that came out right.

I also want to mention something that I've thought about a number of times recently. I've wondered about it for a long time, and then it's come up in several different things I've read lately.

I think MANY people are misled, or worse, by non-physical entities. I imagine this will irritate some people, but it seems likely to me and I'm certainly not the first one to have the idea. I think many times everything is just as it seems, and people have guides who are loving, kind, intelligent, helpful, and honest, so don't get me wrong and think I'm saying people are always misled. But I hear so many stories, see situations, etc. about guides, angels, channelings, incarnated "well known" spirits, etc. that just flat out don't make sense to me.

One person who channels(or communicates with, etc.) a supposedly REALLY WISE and HIGHLY EVOLVED spirit or guide receives this or that information, ok? Then another person receives information from another REALLY WISE and HIGHLY EVOLVED spirit and the information completely contradicts the first guide's info. And I'm not talking about philosophical ambiguous things here that could have multiple perspectives. I mean things that should not contradict each other. I've also just heard some people quoting their guides as saying stuff that just seems completely silly to me, or even immature. I'm not doing well right now at thinking of examples for this, but the point is...

I think there are all sorts of mischievous spirits of all different types, levels, etc. out there, the same as there are people who can range from flat out evil to just a little mischievous to incredibly good, and I think there are a lot of people very eager to find some source of wise, enlightened information and I think various non-physical entities take advantage of this. Some may be downright evil, but I think the majority are just immature, mischievous, or maybe even just don't really know what they're doing. They are still going to seem highly wise and intelligent to us and maybe even a portion of what they say is true and wise and helpful, but it doesn't mean they are being honest about who they are, how much they truly know, why they are doing what they're doing, and myriad other things.

Something to think about...

Oh, and for the people freaking out about dark entities and stuff, this is not what I mean. Although I do think some pretty evil stuff is out there, I think it's pretty rare for these things to be able to seriously harm someone. The stuff I'm talking about is more on the level of meeting someone who at first seems to be this great, highly intelligent, honest person, and then turns out to be fallible in some way - either dishonest, or not knowing nearly as much as they wish they did and claim they do, or conning you a little bit, etc. or maybe just a little goofy in the head.
Old 06-04-2011, 01:43 PM
Master
Quote:
Originally Posted by ZeroPointField

Something to think about...

Oh, and for the people freaking out about dark entities and stuff, this is not what I mean. Although I do think some pretty evil stuff is out there, I think it's pretty rare for these things to be able to seriously harm someone. The stuff I'm talking about is more on the level of meeting someone who at first seems to be this great, highly intelligent, honest person, and then turns out to be fallible in some way - either dishonest, or not knowing nearly as much as they wish they did and claim they do, or conning you a little bit, etc. or maybe just a little goofy in the head.

this is why i'm okay with my imaginary friends being "just regular guys". if they're real people and have any actuality outside of my imagination at least they're honest about it and they're not pretending to be angels or some high level entities, unless the working scenario calls for such roles. their character "flaws" are as apparent as their strengths.
Old 06-04-2011, 01:59 PM
Enya

Quote:
Originally Posted by ZeroPointField
Wow, the threads get so long on this forum! Which I love, but when I have a thread I wanna jump into, I feel like I should read the whole thing and then my eyes hurt after about 4 pages.

Lol - me too.

Quote:
One person who channels(or communicates with, etc.) a supposedly REALLY WISE and HIGHLY EVOLVED spirit or guide receives this or that information, ok? Then another person receives information from another REALLY WISE and HIGHLY EVOLVED spirit and the information completely contradicts the first guide's info. And I'm not talking about philosophical ambiguous things here that could have multiple perspectives. I mean things that should not contradict each other. I've also just heard some people quoting their guides as saying stuff that just seems completely silly to me, or even immature.

The thing with guides is:
a) being in spirit form doesn't automatically confer great wisdom and insight - many will be only a few steps ahead of you and have lots to learn. Here, counsellors and teachers have to learn their craft... so it's the same for guides.

b) What is given has to pass thru the filter of our interpreting minds, which includes our personal limiting concepts, thoughts and issue. So you may have philosophy etc which is coloured by the beliefs of the 'medium' and also by the personality the 'guide' assumes.

c) Concerning contradictions... I've heard of two wise spirit mentors arguing about reincarnation and whether it exists or not, so if they are still debating that in their state, what are we worried about??? Also, consider the idea that contradictory statements may be presented to make you think and find your own answers (spirit are nothing if not sneaky).

Bottom line, find something that works for you and stick to it until it no longer does.
Old 06-04-2011, 02:11 PM
Enya

Quote:
Originally Posted by Internal Queries
i don't know if my imaginary friends are exactly "divine". yeah they do have their moments when their portrayal is so close to the Truth that it smacks of divinity but when we're not working in scenario they sound like just regular guys to me.
That's the way it should be! Equals working together to achieve something.
I refer to my spirit teams as 'my guys', which usually horrifies those who would revere them, but I figure we are equal partners; I know as much as them, perhaps more from a human perspective, but I've hidden away that aspect most of the time for various reasons. Never put spirits on pedestals - it hinders communication.
Old 06-04-2011, 02:38 PM
Master
Quote:
Originally Posted by Enya
That's the way it should be! Equals working together to achieve something.
I refer to my spirit teams as 'my guys', which usually horrifies those who would revere them, but I figure we are equal partners; I know as much as them, perhaps more from a human perspective, but I've hidden away that aspect most of the time for various reasons. Never put spirits on pedestals - it hinders communication.

well, my imaginary friends are apparently a little different than most folks' guides and angels in that they say they have physical bodies here in this reality, on this timeline, in America. (they do sound American.) our main conflict is that i remain highly skeptical of their actuality since they won't give me their phone numbers lol. they have their reasons but i don't buy them so unless and until they show up in my life in their physical bodies they will remain my "imaginary friends". it's okay though. if i'm merely delusional it's an interesting and educational delusion.
Old 07-04-2011, 01:23 AM
Gentrash

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sangress
There was one named Khalis. He had never incarnated into a body and was very reserved and disconnected from the physical world...you could call him the "Lead" guide, because the others seemed to look up to him.

He was very patient, wise and respectful of me, but even so he was unhappy with the burden of being connected to me, and open to my energy at all times. He was sorry to leave, but assured me that I would do well alone and that it was for his own safety and I respected his decision.

there was also a beautiful white dragon whom watched over me directly after Khalis departed, whom has parted ways with me a couple of years ago, two dead ancestors, one dead relative and a woman who was assigned to me as a guard for a short period of time, also three shadow spirits guided me for a while until I let them leave (the relationship with the shadows was more of a buisness agreement, so they held no true friendly ties with me in the first place.)

There have also been spirits who were not guides, who were connected to me, but they have since moved on as well.

Interesting.

Thank you for your responce