Spiritual Forums

Home

Donate!

Articles

CHAT!

Shop

Welcome to Spiritual Forums!.

We created this community for people from all backgrounds to discuss Spiritual, Paranormal, Metaphysical, Philosophical, Supernatural, and Esoteric subjects. From Astral Projection to Zen, all topics are welcome. We hope you enjoy your visits.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest, which gives you limited access to most discussions and articles. By joining our free community you will be able to post messages, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own photos, and gain access to our Chat Rooms, Registration is fast, simple, and free, so please, join our community today! !

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, check our FAQs before contacting support. Please read our forum rules, since they are enforced by our volunteer staff. This will help you avoid any infractions and issues.

Go Back   Spiritual Forums > Spirituality & Beliefs > General Beliefs

Old 07-05-2024, 06:57 PM
Pathfinder

Do people get what they deserve in life?

Hi everyone. I saw this question asked somewhere else on the internet and I thought it was interesting. The question is Do people get what they deserve in life or does life just happen regardless of what you deserve?
Old 08-05-2024, 01:05 AM
I do think people get what they believe in their core that they deserve.
Not gonna bring up Karmic choices we might have built into our present lives.

*I'll text in Navy Blue when I'm speaking as a Mod. :)

Prepare yourself for the coming astral journey of death by daily riding in the balloon of God-perception.
Through delusion you are perceiving yourself as a bundle of flesh and bones, which at best is a nest of troubles.
Meditate unceasingly, that you may quickly behold yourself as the Infinite Essence, free from every form of misery. ~Paramahansa's Guru's Guru

Old 08-05-2024, 04:20 AM
Master
Quote:
Originally Posted by ReturningMoon
Hi everyone. I saw this question asked somewhere else on the internet and I thought it was interesting. The question is Do people get what they deserve in life or does life just happen regardless of what you deserve?
Life happens and we live through what we only know, can be, feel and see at any given moment. I think most people who face self worth issues will see how life changes, when we let go of things holding us back, from seeing we deserve either a good life or the opposite if those self worth issues affect us on either side. . Humans are complex and life is happening in all streams of creation as one all the time. The whole and the Individual experience. Life just happens and we live from where we only can. Everyone has a story, which chapter they are creating isn’t about deserved, it’s about what is as it is, right where they are.
Old 08-05-2024, 07:22 AM
Guide

Nobody deserves to experience pain and suffering. Everyone deserves to experience joy and bliss.

In fact suffering is an illusion. Only joy is real.

If one is afflicted by the appearance of suffering it is not because one deserves this. Maybe it is because one has failed to realize that joy is even more valuable than suffering.

Sometimes it seems to me that we live as victims in a completely materialistic universe where we are afflicted with sufferings that have nothing to do with who we are deep down inside. This seems kinder than believing we deserve the suffering and pain that comes our way.

But actually nobody is to blame for the pain. God is not to blame. The universe is not to blame. We are not to blame. In fact no-one is to blame because the pain and suffering are not real. I deny the reality of pain. I affirm the reality of joy and bliss.

I affirm the reality of the God that I am.
Old 08-05-2024, 09:04 AM
Administrator
The answer to this from my opinion is No some people deserve more and get nothing, while those who don't deserve anything get it all.
this is Life ,Life can and is very unfair

Namaste
Old 08-05-2024, 09:44 AM
Guide
In my opinion, you do not get what you deserve but you get what you want.
Old 08-05-2024, 09:52 AM
Knower

Do we deserve life? If so do we deserve all that life delivers? Is it better to have lost love than to have never loved?

There's an account from near the end of Sri Ramakrishna's life, when he's dying from throat cancer. A disciple is visiting his bedside and asks him how he feels. He points at his throat and says it hurts and he can't swallow. The disciple is confused and says something like "But you are in bliss!" and Sri Ramakrishna replies "Ah, the rascal has found me out!".
Old 08-05-2024, 11:26 AM
Master
Quote:
Originally Posted by J_A_S_G
There's an account from near the end of Sri Ramakrishna's life, when he's dying from throat cancer. A disciple is visiting his bedside and asks him how he feels. He points at his throat and says it hurts and he can't swallow. The disciple is confused and says something like "But you are in bliss!" and Sri Ramakrishna replies "Ah, the rascal has found me out!".
This reminds me of a friend who travelled Vietnam quite a few years ago. He couldn’t believe how children were crammed on transport, dishevelled and obviously a poorer group of children according to his views. the thing that struck him the most, was their joyful essence. Smiling wide and so full of joy. Sometimes less is more..

Some might say they deserve more. As humans when we see lack, we determine through our own ideas of lack and more. Humans have basic core needs for survival and to thrive in healthy connected ways. That’s not something they deserve, it’s something that every human needs to live and thrive.
Old 08-05-2024, 01:30 PM
Oh, this will be an interesting topic. There are so many things to say!
One is ...''Nothing is what it appears to be".
Or "There's a Bigger picture at play."
Both are things I deeply know. Oh boy, do I.

*I'll text in Navy Blue when I'm speaking as a Mod. :)

Prepare yourself for the coming astral journey of death by daily riding in the balloon of God-perception.
Through delusion you are perceiving yourself as a bundle of flesh and bones, which at best is a nest of troubles.
Meditate unceasingly, that you may quickly behold yourself as the Infinite Essence, free from every form of misery. ~Paramahansa's Guru's Guru

Old 08-05-2024, 03:14 PM
Master
Let’s explore this topic slowly …

Do we get what we deserve?

‘We’ means body-mind here, I presume,
an entity, separate from existence.

But we are not this body mind. It is a vessel we occupy.
Who occupies? Let us say provisionally, our soul.
What is soul? Formless awareness that takes birth again and again.
So, we accept soul too is separate from existence, as a separate entity.

Alright. So soul wants to learn, to grow, to expand.
Soul chooses immersion in duality, in a realm,
to experience a this or that feeling as of its desire or need.

The soul is not concerned with what the ego wants, ego here meaning
the intelligence or awareness that is concerned with body-mind only.

So, the life we live, it is as of soul’s desire or need.
If it wants to be a king, it is. If it wants to be a leper, it is.
Some healers choose to suffer to know what suffering is,
before they can be qualified to ‘cure’ disease.
That of course is an error, since soul too is deluded. (my view)

Beyond soul what? The Self.
Soul is in duality. Self is in singularity.
Soul has desires. Self has none, being complete.
In this connection, consider realms and domains. Soul migrates,
hopping about from one illusion to another,
until identity or feeling of separateness disappears.
We can release desires/fears/attachment in another realm
or we can do it here, now. Our choice.

So, back to the question, do we get what we deserve?
There is no one here.