Spiritual Forums

Home

Donate!

Articles

CHAT!

Shop

Welcome to Spiritual Forums!.

We created this community for people from all backgrounds to discuss Spiritual, Paranormal, Metaphysical, Philosophical, Supernatural, and Esoteric subjects. From Astral Projection to Zen, all topics are welcome. We hope you enjoy your visits.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest, which gives you limited access to most discussions and articles. By joining our free community you will be able to post messages, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own photos, and gain access to our Chat Rooms, Registration is fast, simple, and free, so please, join our community today! !

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, check our FAQs before contacting support. Please read our forum rules, since they are enforced by our volunteer staff. This will help you avoid any infractions and issues.

Go Back   Spiritual Forums > Spirituality & Beliefs > Spirituality

Old 10-11-2015, 05:15 AM
Knower
Spiritual Significance of Diwali

Namastey,

Diwali also known as Deepavali is a auspicious festival known as 'festival of Lights'. This festival is celebrated with great enthusiasm in India. Diwali has spiritual Significance. This Hindu festival wards off evil power and invites positive forces and awakens the inner Atman.

~Hari Om
Old 26-10-2016, 03:35 PM
Guide

I would love to visit this festival once...I feel that India is my spiritual motherland.
Old 26-10-2016, 05:16 PM
Master

Hi Jared.L

You can (if you live in or nearby a city that has a significant Indian population).

Diwali is celebrated in the UK, USA, Australia, and other countries.

~J
Old 05-11-2016, 07:59 AM
Master
Namaste.

I remember pages and pages....empty notebooks filled with the Likita Japa "Aum Namah Shivaya" I would write it in Sanskrit 108 times a day for 365 days, then on Diwali, I would make paper boats from the pages, place a small diya (lantern) inside and float in out on the ocean with all my love and prayers.

For me, Diwali is all about lighting the lamp within, the Jyota se Jyota of the heart and celebrating the return to peace and the triumph of good over evil (or the negative and positive forces existing within ourselves). Lord Rama coming home after defeating Ravana etc...

No doubt all the Hindu gods, including Shiva exist, no doubt - they are all the symbolic references of the metaphysical forces at work behind every human endeavour and achievement throughout time.

For some reason (maybe a previous life) my soul just totally identified with an Avatar of my Avatar.

Aum Namah Shivaya