Spiritual Forums

Home

Donate!

Articles

CHAT!

Shop

Welcome to Spiritual Forums!.

We created this community for people from all backgrounds to discuss Spiritual, Paranormal, Metaphysical, Philosophical, Supernatural, and Esoteric subjects. From Astral Projection to Zen, all topics are welcome. We hope you enjoy your visits.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest, which gives you limited access to most discussions and articles. By joining our free community you will be able to post messages, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own photos, and gain access to our Chat Rooms, Registration is fast, simple, and free, so please, join our community today! !

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, check our FAQs before contacting support. Please read our forum rules, since they are enforced by our volunteer staff. This will help you avoid any infractions and issues.

Go Back   Spiritual Forums > Spirituality & Beliefs > Spirituality

Old 18-10-2015, 07:45 AM
Master
Lightbulb

Quote:
Originally Posted by Free1
Are we more complex because we have a thumb with the most precise grip, allowing us to create all the tools we have? Is it because we have a culture based on facial recognition for communicating our desires? Is it because our language center has been trained to use symbols and our bodies to express them?

Are not the human more primitive, who are exercising and enjoying cruelty, and who need a book (the bible) to tell us to not do it?

Are not humans the only specie finding itself in a world and with abilities too complex to handle? (we are destroying our planet for example). Is it precisely because we have the ability to be purely evil, and that we can chose not to do this evil, that we are complex. I see it as being even more primitive then animals, who succeed more then us in separating right from the purely evil. Or are we actually equal to some animals, the dolphins, for example, who practices gang rape.

Or are our evil nature just our primitive nature extended into a complex culture, and perverted by this complex nature, of symbols and abstract thinking, and we all are primitive animals trying to make sense of this complex world.

Apes have a better pattern recognition ability then us, and still we see ourselves as more complex. How about the many other known and unknown abilities of other animals.

How does this ^ ^ ^ have much to do with your original question?

Sounds a lot like a zealous rant - not that there's anything wrong with it, but I think the original query has got slithered around on. In any event, it sounds very judgmental on yourself and every other human. Just sayin'.

Old 18-10-2015, 08:05 AM
Experiencer
Quote:
Originally Posted by Silver
How does this ^ ^ ^ have much to do with your original question?

Sounds a lot like a zealous rant - not that there's anything wrong with it, but I think the original query has got slithered around on. In any event, it sounds very judgmental on yourself and every other human. Just sayin'.

You are contradictory when you say it is nothing wrong with it, but at the same time it "sounds very judgmental on yourself and every other human". Is there nothing wrong about sounding "very judgmental ...", you mean?

I would not say I am zealous, rather curious.

There is a depth to this question and the initial post, easy to miss by the superficial view. My initial post is about our tendency to disregard the animals. This tendency can emerge even within spirituality. While I believe the native Americans had a more healthy relationship to their animal guides, I suspect we are exploiting them by taking for granted they would even want to guide us, and even implicitly demand it by assuming they are guiding us, because we are special. Viewing ourselves as more complex is one component of the substrata on which we justify our way of viewing animals. I am questioning this complexity.

Why is not a human a spirit who is a guide to an animal? Because we are complex?

To stay on topic (a practice dear to you) I ask you: do you believe humans are more complex, and why, why not? (because as we can see, it relates to the topic).

By the way, I am exploring, and have not enough to judge. How do you make your own judgement?
Old 18-10-2015, 08:18 AM
Master
Quote:
Originally Posted by Free1
You are contradictory when you say it is nothing wrong with it, but at the same time it "sounds very judgmental on yourself and every other human". Is there nothing wrong about sounding "very judgmental ...", you mean?

I would not say I am zealous, rather curious.

There is a depth to this question and the initial post, easy to miss by the superficial view. My initial post is about our tendency to disregard the animals. This tendency can emerge even within spirituality. While I believe the native Americans had a more healthy relationship to their animal guides, I suspect we are exploiting them by taking for granted they would even want to guide us, and even implicitly demand it by assuming they are guiding us, because we are special. Viewing ourselves as more complex is one component of the substrata on which we justify our way of viewing animals. I am questioning this complexity.

Why is not a human a spirit who is a guide to an animal? Because we are complex?

To stay on topic (a practice dear to you) I ask you: do you believe humans are more complex, and why, why not? (because as we can see, it relates to the topic).

By the way, I am exploring, and have not enough to judge. How do you make your own judgement?

Hmm...wow, I don't see much in the way of detail in your OP...I don't know how to read your mind, so I guess I just needed a bit more to understand where you were coming from.

(I don't know how 'dear' it is to me, never gave it much thought but I've been hanging around a couple three forums for many years now.)

I do my best to make judgement 'calls' as opposed to judging...I realize that it's worse than I thought for much of my life.

I don't think anybody has ever given much thought about the reverse (humans being spirit guides to animals). That's why I thought it was a great question...I've never heard this proposal or theory before. It's great.

I don't look at things the same way you do, for sure...I don't think humans are any more complex - the only exception is in the brain area, but obviously it doesn't mean a whole lot in the larger scheme of things because lots of people don't seem to care about one another, let alone all of the animals, but it's the corporations that are callous towards life in general on this beautiful Earth.

It's a very open topic that people can and will talk about it like forever.

Old 18-10-2015, 08:33 AM
Experiencer
First I discovered no human has ever claimed to be a spirit who is a guide to an animal, to my knowledge (but if I recall right, someone above did). Then I posted the question. While posting it, I knew at beforehand it would be taken as a strange question. I also know in advance people perceive questions to be out of place, often because they cherish a view taken to be normative, and even intrinsic to nature. I know it is common people view themselves as more special then animals, but this was not clearly outlined in my own mind while posting, and my "feeling" was outlined in later posts.

To be fair, my initial post was more meager then I believed it to be. I only now scrolled up to see. It is true you can not read my mind, and I can not demand it. (and I actually appreciate your earlier post, as it gives dynamics to the discussion. Different views in discussion are what engages, and not like-mindedness. I am looking for different views (or to put myself on the field of different views), and took your post as an opportunity.

The on/off-topic is a thing I react to because it is one strategy to silence (maybe not by you). A non-normative question questioning the normative is often cheaply seen as "off-topic". So for the pure survival of my reasoning, I need to defend this on-topic thing.

What I have seen is a variety of answers. Some supporting equality among humans and animals, and others not. (it is also my assumption that equality is the great thing, but the views may be different)
Old 18-10-2015, 08:39 AM
Experiencer
You seem to read posts fast right now, and I edited my post to state that I do not claim you used "on/off-topic" as a strategy to silence, but that it may be used that way (and I can not read your mind ;)
Old 18-10-2015, 12:05 PM
teresa

I kwnow we ALL have SPIRT guides. How do I connect with mine?:
Old 18-10-2015, 12:28 PM
Master
Quote:
Originally Posted by teresa
I kwnow we ALL have SPIRT guides. How do I connect with mine?:

How can you know if you can't connect with your own? Why not be honest and say, "I believe we all have spirit guides?"
Old 22-10-2015, 06:16 AM
Newbie ;)

first you should think about yourself..then also about others..
Old 26-10-2016, 03:40 PM
Guide

I have never heard of animal spiritual guides....my guide says that they do not exist :)