Spiritual Forums

Home

Donate!

Articles

CHAT!

Shop

Welcome to Spiritual Forums!.

We created this community for people from all backgrounds to discuss Spiritual, Paranormal, Metaphysical, Philosophical, Supernatural, and Esoteric subjects. From Astral Projection to Zen, all topics are welcome. We hope you enjoy your visits.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest, which gives you limited access to most discussions and articles. By joining our free community you will be able to post messages, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own photos, and gain access to our Chat Rooms, Registration is fast, simple, and free, so please, join our community today! !

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, check our FAQs before contacting support. Please read our forum rules, since they are enforced by our volunteer staff. This will help you avoid any infractions and issues.

Go Back   Spiritual Forums > Spirituality & Beliefs > Spirituality

Old 08-10-2015, 07:20 PM
Experiencer
Are you a spirit animal guide?

Came to think about it: some people have spirit animal guides. But... are you a spirit animal to someone (another animal)? Are you a spirit animal to an ape for example, who is living on some other planet or in another dimension?
Old 08-10-2015, 08:41 PM
Suspended
Quote:
Originally Posted by Free1
Came to think about it: some people have spirit animal guides. But... are you a spirit animal to someone (another animal)? Are you a spirit animal to an ape for example, who is living on some other planet or in another dimension?

I find this question puzzling. Why would you want to consider this when the ape's on this planet are suffering because of human ignorance. Do you really think they would have human's as a Spirit Guide?
Old 09-10-2015, 12:59 AM
Super Moderator
Humans and animals are all Souls. Each Soul is at its own stage of spiritual development -some more aware spiritually than others, whether they are human or animal in Earthly form.
Each could help and guide the other. It wouldn't matter what their outward form was; only how close they were to their Spirit-Selves.
Old 09-10-2015, 04:58 AM
Master
Quote:
Originally Posted by Free1
some people have spirit animal guides.

Belief, not fact.

Quote:
But... are you a spirit animal to someone (another animal)? Are you a spirit animal to an ape for example, who is living on some other planet or in another dimension?

I can't imagine what the benefit of adopting a belief like this would be. Why even include the word "animal?" Why not just leave it at "spirit guide?"
Old 09-10-2015, 05:03 PM
Experiencer
Quote:
Originally Posted by Astro
I find this question puzzling. Why would you want to consider this when the ape's on this planet are suffering because of human ignorance. Do you really think they would have human's as a Spirit Guide?

Maybe there are good humans among us.

It can be any animal.
Old 09-10-2015, 05:28 PM
Experiencer
Yes. This question is out of “normal spirituality”.

It is the norm that everyone wants to guide humans – animals, angles, God, the universe, spirits and dead ancestors.

Do the animal spirits even care about us this much to want to guide us? Assuming they want to guide us puts us as the center of the animal-human relationship. What do we give in return? Most of us are not even interested in telepathically being a guide to an ape, for example, living on another planet or in another dimension.

This question will conflict with the view that we are other then animals; we are humans; we are other then animals, and maybe even more then animal. The question will also conflict with the (hidden) view that the spiritual relationship between people and animals is asymmetrical – the animal spirits do something to us, but we do not need to return the same favor to them.

Then there are other ways to respond, that is not in conflict, like that we are equal souls etc.

Quote:
Originally Posted by VinceField
I can't imagine what the benefit of adopting a belief like this would be. Why even include the word "animal?" Why not just leave it at "spirit guide?"

I am asking you if you are an animal who is a spirit guide for some other animal. Are you?
Old 10-10-2015, 12:11 AM
Super Moderator
I completely get what you're saying Free1.

In my own case I feel I would need to learn a lot more yet to be capable of being a "Spirit Guide" to anyone -to any Soul, of whatever species they take a form of in physical worlds. Maybe I'm wrong (?) Maybe that's my own self-deprecation and not a useful trait? But it is not the destiny of all Souls to become "Spirit Guides"...even though we all give what we can as we live (in whatever world) and experience, and share.

However, I have guided animals, and befriended them -as Souls not merely 'animals'. And in so doing, sensed a wonderful equality deep deep down. No heirarchy, just team-work and co-operation.
And in turn they have guided me in complementary ways, and sometimes at very deep spiritual levels.
Old 10-10-2015, 12:21 AM
Master
Cat

Quote:
Belief, not fact.

It's an innocent question - I don't think Free1 is thinking beyond and into some sort of desire to 'believe' it. I like the question myself. It's open-ended and there won't be any definitive answer, anyway.

It's very imaginative.

Old 10-10-2015, 03:46 AM
Master
It makes sense to me that the animal level of consciousness is probably not as spiritually evolved as humans, so it seems unlikely that most "animal spirits" would even have the concept to "guide" another being in the sense being discussed here.

Yes, this is an innocent and imaginative question. So is, "Do you think there are bacteria spirit guides?" My point is that these questions will probably not lead anywhere of benefit or significance. So give the concept of animal guides a fleeting thought, no biggie. But worst case, a person can get caught up in a deluded belief system that only serves to distract and clutter the mind.
Old 10-10-2015, 05:01 AM
Experiencer
Quote:
It makes sense to me that the animal level of consciousness is probably not as spiritually evolved as humans,
Why? (most people do not answer this question, but it is a question)

Quote:
so it seems unlikely that most "animal spirits" would even have the concept to "guide" another being in the sense being discussed here.
Why? (most people do not answer this question, but it is a question)

Quote:
Yes, this is an innocent and imaginative question. So is, "Do you think there are bacteria spirit guides?"
Is it that you oppose the idea of animals being spirit guides, and only humans (or other) have the capacity to guide another being? Let us try this. The question about animal spirit guides is taken to be significantly similar to the same question about bacteria spirit guides (and thereby the question about animal spirit guides is silly?). On the other hand, the question about animal spirit guides is not equally similar to the same possible question about human spirit guides. Can we really allow for this reduction of animals to mere bacteria spiritually-wise?

Quote:
My point is that these questions will probably not lead anywhere of benefit or significance. So give the concept of animal guides a fleeting thought, no biggie. But worst case, a person can get caught up in a deluded belief system that only serves to distract and clutter the mind.
Does your point apply only to you, to most people, or to all people?