Spiritual Forums

Home

Donate!

Articles

CHAT!

Shop

Welcome to Spiritual Forums!.

We created this community for people from all backgrounds to discuss Spiritual, Paranormal, Metaphysical, Philosophical, Supernatural, and Esoteric subjects. From Astral Projection to Zen, all topics are welcome. We hope you enjoy your visits.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest, which gives you limited access to most discussions and articles. By joining our free community you will be able to post messages, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own photos, and gain access to our Chat Rooms, Registration is fast, simple, and free, so please, join our community today! !

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, check our FAQs before contacting support. Please read our forum rules, since they are enforced by our volunteer staff. This will help you avoid any infractions and issues.

Go Back   Spiritual Forums > Spirituality & Beliefs > Spirituality

Old 25-07-2015, 06:36 AM
Knower

Spiritual "job" (???)

Okay, so it feels kinda weird to be asking this here since I usually don't post my own threads and when I have got little to no replies, but here goes...

I was wondering about what sort of jobs are out there with a sort of 'spiritual' nature to them. I suppose it could be something like a lifestyle, such as a yoga teacher... but other than that I'm clueless. Basically, what kinds of jobs do you know of/heard of can you live relaxed and care-free, but still part of society as a working citizen (as in, you don't have to take off to some exotic location or leave all your friends and family, etc...)

I'm asking mostly because I'm curious about it, not that my current job is bad, I love it... but it simply doesn't allow me to be laid back or social with people (I take care of animals). I'm not too sure what kind of schooling would be required to sit around and drink tea and give advice to people... lol, as if... but are there such things given you know your stuff or don't ask for money from anyone. I mean, I could be homeless begging for money and would be more likely to have a "religious experience" than working with doctors in in office.

I want to make it clear, I'm not complaining when I use that comparison I'm just trying to make my point on what exactly I'm asking. I guess it's sorta hard for me to ask a specific question with this, I just wanted to reach out to someone who might know what kind of jobs they've had doing things 'uncommon' or possibly newer I could someday look at as a long-term career.

Soo... basically... what's there out there for jobs in more "spiritual work"? if any. Thanks.
If there's nothing that comes to mind I'd still enjoy some conversation about just about anything. Peace~
Old 25-07-2015, 07:03 AM
celest

What can be more spiritual than looking after animals, look at the life of ' St Francis of Assisi ' your doing a beautiful job already
Old 25-07-2015, 07:29 AM
Knower

I guess it's up for interpretation as to what is considered 'spiritual', but thanks for the reply! You're right. And also for the name, I shall do some reading.
Old 25-07-2015, 04:22 PM
Suspended
All you need to do is delete the word "job". Seems like you are looking for a pre-industrial age life style. Self employment in today's world might be your best option. If you like your current job, stay with it. Spiritual work can not be associated with "employment".
Old 25-07-2015, 05:34 PM
Guide

Perhaps find inspiration in where you find yourself already...

Since you work with animals, have you considered working with animals on a spiritual level? Spiritual healing of animals, or animal "whispering?"

I've been paid to "talk" to people's pets and find out what's on their mind, or what's bothering them, or where it hurts. I'm confident that if I put more time into this field, I could make a pretty nice living at it. For now I mostly offer my services for friends at no charge.

Perhaps you could find your calling in this realm as well?
Old 25-07-2015, 06:58 PM
Massage therapist!

*I'll text in Navy Blue when I'm speaking as a Mod. :)

Prepare yourself for the coming astral journey of death by daily riding in the balloon of God-perception.
Through delusion you are perceiving yourself as a bundle of flesh and bones, which at best is a nest of troubles.
Meditate unceasingly, that you may quickly behold yourself as the Infinite Essence, free from every form of misery. ~Paramahansa's Guru's Guru

Old 25-07-2015, 07:55 PM
Master
I don't actually understand this division between the spiritual and the secular except at the highest levels of administration of societies and even at that level it seems preposterous that people might be able to think decision making can be made without reflection on ones beliefs of what is good and what isn't so good.

So in that regard I don't see how any work could be non-spiritual except that if it was specifically then the spiritual wouldn't be doing it.

I suppose what I'm saying then is that the work itself is just that which is things that need done so society can function but that the spiritual has nothing much to do with the nature of the work and everything about how the work is done.

Dare I say it but it seems rather that the question is more about how can I been seen to be working in an obviously spiritual context and that the backing for this might be a kind of evangelism to spread spirituality in the world... which there is nothing wrong with except it's somewhat flighty.

There was a man in my town who was a rubbish collector and road sweeper and he was always such a humble man with a wide smile for whomever might glance his way and I used to love seeing him almost as a divine keeper of the peace going about his respectful works and then suddenly it was made known that this fellow was retiring and that he was a humble peaceful man so then just quite as suddenly he was inundated with people getting their photos taken with this humble and peaceful man which was quite ironic really because for years he'd been available but very few realised what he always was until they were told.
Old 25-07-2015, 08:12 PM
Master

i think it is called being a parent.

kk
Old 25-07-2015, 08:20 PM
celest

Quote:
Originally Posted by kkfern
i think it is called being a parent.

kk

I would never call being a parent a job, but it is a chore
Old 25-07-2015, 08:52 PM
Master

Quote:
Originally Posted by celest
I would never call being a parent a job, but it is a chore

job or chore, it is still spiritual and we do get to sit around and drink tea. or coffee, or beer. once they are older that is.

kk