Spiritual Forums

Home

Donate!

Articles

CHAT!

Shop

Welcome to Spiritual Forums!.

We created this community for people from all backgrounds to discuss Spiritual, Paranormal, Metaphysical, Philosophical, Supernatural, and Esoteric subjects. From Astral Projection to Zen, all topics are welcome. We hope you enjoy your visits.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest, which gives you limited access to most discussions and articles. By joining our free community you will be able to post messages, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own photos, and gain access to our Chat Rooms, Registration is fast, simple, and free, so please, join our community today! !

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, check our FAQs before contacting support. Please read our forum rules, since they are enforced by our volunteer staff. This will help you avoid any infractions and issues.

Go Back   Spiritual Forums > Spirituality & Beliefs > Spirituality

Old 04-11-2016, 03:21 AM
Suspended

How do you know what is the heart?

This has been one of my life long koans. I remember standing before the mirror yelling "stop" and still I moved. That showed me there was some dichotomy between my thoughts and my true self. But I learned slowly and only after years of meditation, living in temples, meeting a Guru - a real deal Guru, that my life changed more solidly.

I read posts of awareness (channelled messages) and Spirit Guide Sparrow who talk of feelings as readings of our spirit. In Buddhism, we say feelings are not self, and yet every good Buddhist also knows whilst "I am not that", well..we have this mechanism to live through so we are all grateful.

So how do you all know which is the heart speaking, and which is not.

For the record, at core all is Love, and yet ... maybe someone will know what I mean
Old 04-11-2016, 04:05 AM
Master
Quote:
Originally Posted by beesliketoplay
This has been one of my life long koans. I remember standing before the mirror yelling "stop" and still I moved. That showed me there was some dichotomy between my thoughts and my true self. But I learned slowly and only after years of meditation, living in temples, meeting a Guru - a real deal Guru, that my life changed more solidly.

I read posts of awareness (channelled messages) and Spirit Guide Sparrow who talk of feelings as readings of our spirit. In Buddhism, we say feelings are not self, and yet every good Buddhist also knows whilst "I am not that", well..we have this mechanism to live through so we are all grateful.

For the record, at core all is Love, and yet ... maybe someone will know what I mean
If you have to ask it "is that my heart speaking?" then it is not the heart speaking.

Yes, the heart speaks in the language of love, which is like a cross between a thought and a feeling, entering the mind via the most direct route....pushing all other thoughts aside to stake its claim to the mind and soul.

The heart speaks in words of 'tough love' and not flowery prose that numbs the mind into a false sense of security.

You can say "stop"....the mind can say "move" but the heart says "stop/move, I care not - just do whatever you do with love".

The heart says "who/what is 'stopping' or 'moving' anyway? get real!"

When the heart speaks, you will know it, but it is not a knowing born from the mind or mental stuff. It hits you like a lightning bolt, out of the blue and shakes the foundations of your belief to the very core.

The heart will never sabotage itself through dishonesty and the heart is totally self-serving in that love begets even more love until one wonders if unconditional love has any limitations on it - because just when you thought you couldn't love any more....there's more....and more....it never stops!

This is how I can tell.
Old 04-11-2016, 04:55 AM
Master
For me the core of my being speaks softly and quietly, it does not speak in words and is not complicated but its’ message is unmistakable, and most often I have to be quiet inside to really sense it. It is as an unquestionable knowing. But while the core (heart) involves sensing the emotions involve feelings. So it is good to know the difference between sensing, which is something that involves our senses, and feelings which may or may not be generated by our senses.

Emotional feelings can be generated by thoughts, memories, etc. Emotions can be hot, warm, cold, sharp, blunt, tearful, sad, happy, fearful, or some other adjective. Whereas our inner voice gives us a gut sensation, an instinct, which is usually described by different adjectives than emotions, i.e. brilliant, delicate, clear, deep, divine, infallible, simple, uncanny, etc.

Learning the difference between our core messages and our emotions is a process of getting to know ourselves better; it is part of the spiritual journey. There are little, very simple, exercises which I do to gain a stronger relationship with my deeper being; before going to sleep I will say wake me at a specific so and so time, I will not set an alarm clock, and as a retired person I do not get up at the same time everyday. So one day it might be 6:30 am and then next day it might be 7:30 am, and every time I do this I awaken at the exact time which I requested.

The more you acknowledge, or depend, on your deeper being the stronger your relationship with your deeper being will become and more definite the messages. When I don’t listen to my deeper being I usually end up with an emotional butt kicking and it also weakens my relationship. There are many simple exercises we can do to include our core more in our lives. After all you are forming a relationship with yourself that will culminate with you consciously merging with that Self; and this relationship involves faith and trust which we demonstrate by our actions.
Old 04-11-2016, 06:26 AM
Administrator
Quote:

the heart speaks to you in silent tones and if you allow it it will say this to you.....

I am in a state of love, I act only in the name of true love, divine is the source of this love, I am the vehicle from which this love emanates, I cannot have or hold and keep this love, I can give you this love and allow it to be expressed freely.

From it we all become one…….

I call it the hearts wisdom and it is endowed with spiritual intelligence
Old 04-11-2016, 06:29 AM
Deactivated Account

It's really simple actually.

Following your heart = doing what you love.

Your mind is what analyzes everything.

But listening to your heart isn't always good advice because sometimes your heart wants things that aren't in your highest good.

For example, I really want to adopt a kitten, and I keep falling in love with every kitten I meet, but when I find the right one, I will know and sense on an intuitive level that it is the right kitten for me.

Your heart isn't the same thing as your intuition. But generally, following your heart is a good thing to do, because it will make you happy to surround yourself with things you love.

Obviously, it's better if you can use your intuition and follow your heart at the same time. And it's not like you should turn your brain off either, it's good to analyze too.

Intuition to me comes on like a strong feeling, knowing, a sense, or I use telepathy or clairvoyance. Intuition comes inwards, your own thoughts go outwards. You can feel the direction if you pay attention.
Old 05-11-2016, 02:25 AM
Suspended

Quote:
Originally Posted by heart
the heart speaks to you in silent tones and if you allow it it will say this to you.....

I am in a state of love, I act only in the name of true love, divine is the source of this love, I am the vehicle from which this love emanates, I cannot have or hold and keep this love, I can give you this love and allow it to be expressed freely.

From it we all become one…….

I call it the hearts wisdom and it is endowed with spiritual intelligence

Thanks, heart

Love cares only of love

How will it help guide my career though? That's what I want to know...
Old 05-11-2016, 02:28 AM
Suspended

Quote:
Originally Posted by Starman
For me the core of my being speaks softly and quietly, it does not speak in words and is not complicated but its’ message is unmistakable, and most often I have to be quiet inside to really sense it. It is as an unquestionable knowing. But while the core (heart) involves sensing the emotions involve feelings. So it is good to know the difference between sensing, which is something that involves our senses, and feelings which may or may not be generated by our senses.

Emotional feelings can be generated by thoughts, memories, etc. Emotions can be hot, warm, cold, sharp, blunt, tearful, sad, happy, fearful, or some other adjective. Whereas our inner voice gives us a gut sensation, an instinct, which is usually described by different adjectives than emotions, i.e. brilliant, delicate, clear, deep, divine, infallible, simple, uncanny, etc.

Learning the difference between our core messages and our emotions is a process of getting to know ourselves better; it is part of the spiritual journey. There are little, very simple, exercises which I do to gain a stronger relationship with my deeper being; before going to sleep I will say wake me at a specific so and so time, I will not set an alarm clock, and as a retired person I do not get up at the same time everyday. So one day it might be 6:30 am and then next day it might be 7:30 am, and every time I do this I awaken at the exact time which I requested.

The more you acknowledge, or depend, on your deeper being the stronger your relationship with your deeper being will become and more definite the messages. When I don’t listen to my deeper being I usually end up with an emotional butt kicking and it also weakens my relationship. There are many simple exercises we can do to include our core more in our lives. After all you are forming a relationship with yourself that will culminate with you consciously merging with that Self; and this relationship involves faith and trust which we demonstrate by our actions.

This is perfect. Thank you.
Old 05-11-2016, 02:30 AM
Suspended

Quote:
Originally Posted by keokutah
Intuition to me comes on like a strong feeling, knowing, a sense, or I use telepathy or clairvoyance. Intuition comes inwards, your own thoughts go outwards. You can feel the direction if you pay attention.

I'll try that

Falling in love with kittens, I love dogs and will often fall in love with them...I think to me this is different to True Source/True Love, as close as it is to an outpouring from our Source

Thank you keokutah, for your sharings here
Old 05-11-2016, 02:31 AM
Suspended

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Necromancer

When the heart speaks, you will know it, but it is not a knowing born from the mind or mental stuff. It hits you like a lightning bolt, out of the blue and shakes the foundations of your belief to the very core.

Thank you, this is not my experience or familiarity, I don't imagine love is a feeling either, otherwise it would come and go. Thank you for sharing on this thread.
Old 05-11-2016, 02:42 AM
Master
Quote:
Thank you, this is not my experience or familiarity, I don't imagine love is a feeling either, otherwise it would come and go. Thank you for sharing on this thread.
No problem.

Love is like the sun and doubts are like the clouds.

We stand on the earth, thinking that love is coming and going - yes, for us it comes and goes.

Some days there are no clouds...other days, it is a torrential tribute...

....but behind all that, the sun of Love shines always, if we remember that it does.

Thus, love is a feeling because if it were not, it would only be another thought.

That's what I believe anyway - it mightn't be the case at all.