Spiritual Forums

Home

Donate!

Articles

CHAT!

Shop

Welcome to Spiritual Forums!.

We created this community for people from all backgrounds to discuss Spiritual, Paranormal, Metaphysical, Philosophical, Supernatural, and Esoteric subjects. From Astral Projection to Zen, all topics are welcome. We hope you enjoy your visits.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest, which gives you limited access to most discussions and articles. By joining our free community you will be able to post messages, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own photos, and gain access to our Chat Rooms, Registration is fast, simple, and free, so please, join our community today! !

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, check our FAQs before contacting support. Please read our forum rules, since they are enforced by our volunteer staff. This will help you avoid any infractions and issues.

Go Back   Spiritual Forums > Religions & Faiths > Christianity

Old 06-12-2019, 05:14 PM
Master
Quote:
Originally Posted by jojo50
this is why Jehovah showed that MANY will speak what they don't even understand. Because they lean on what they believe, and NOT God's, (Pro. 3:5,6 Trust in the LORD with all thine heart; and lean not unto thine own understanding. In all thy ways acknowledge him, and he shall direct thy paths). These are the ones who always has something negative to say concerning Jesus followers ,(Jude 17,18). You're trying to imply that we have a part in a certain group because as you say. “they have been known to use the word ' Grand Master ' in some of their older Bible translations. Strange.”

let me help you out, here's your proof from the NWT Bible, (Mal. 1:6 “A son, for his part, honors a father; and a servant, his grand master. So if I am a father, where is the honor to me? And if I am a grand master, where is the fear of me?’ Jehovah of armies has said to YOU, O priests who are despising my name). It's in our newer version also. So you believe this word is in reference to the “masons?” not true, sorry to disappoint! allow me to break it down, Jehovah God is referring to “HONOR.” he's NOT referring to ANY leader of the Freemasons. The word “Grand” has a couple of meanings, look it up! In the days of old, The “servant” Honor or obeys his master.

The master though human, is over his servant, because he owns him, Making it his grand master. Did it mean he was part of the masons? NO! Jehovah God created ALL humans, He owns us. just like the maters in the days of old, own his servant. So does Jehovah, but on a Grander scale. So he is the Grand Master, who deserves Honor. In his case “Grand” represents Jehovah's magnificence, his Glory and Power. So it is NOT “strange”, at all. If you understood the meaning behind the words. peace

A son honoureth his father, and a servant his master: if then I be a father, where is mine honour? and if I be a master, where is my fear? saith the LORD of hosts unto you, O priests, that despise my name. And ye say, Wherein have we despised thy name.
KJB

A son honors his father, and a slave his master. If I am a father, where is the honor due me? If I am a master, where is the respect due me?” says the Lord Almighty.

“It is you priests who show contempt for my name.

“But you ask, ‘How have we shown contempt for your name ?
NIV.

The LORD Almighty says to the priests: "A son honors his father, and a servant respects his master. I am your father and master, but where are the honor and respect I deserve? You have despised my name! "But you ask, 'How have we ever despised your name?'
NLV

The LORD Almighty says to the priests, “A son honours his father, and a servant honours his master. I am your father — why don't you honour me? I am your master — why don't you respect me? You despise me, and yet you ask, ‘How have we despised you?’
GNV

No Grand Master mentioned
Old 06-12-2019, 05:18 PM
Ascender
Quote:
Originally Posted by sky123
Who are you referring to,?

I find it strange they use Grand Master and then discard these words in later Bible translations.

again! it's our Bibles right now, I just post the verses. make sure you know what you're saying, before you say it, please and thank you! also funny, the King James (ALL FOUR VERSIONS), has removed, added, and changed words. but it doesn't seem to be a problem with many peace
Old 06-12-2019, 05:28 PM
Master
Quote:
again! it's our Bibles right now, I just post the verses. make sure you know what you're saying, before you say it, please and thank you! also funny, the King James (ALL FOUR VERSIONS), has removed, added, and changed words. but it doesn't seem to be a problem with many peace

Yes but you do change your Bible don't you
Old 06-12-2019, 05:31 PM
Ascender
Quote:
Originally Posted by ThatMan
Jehovah's Witnesses Conference Hall in Silkeborg, Denmark Hello pyramid with the all seeing eye! When I say that they are everywhere, I really mean it, they rule most of the world. This is the google map address: Helsinkivej 3C, 8600 Silkeborg. Denmark.

I see what you post, and one can say, that it does look like the "all seeing eye." my question is, if we're part of the masons. then we shouldn't be afraid to admit it, right? so contact someone from the Denmark branch and ask them! I can't explain why it resembles it. it could be just a coincidence, because I do KNOW, Jehovah God would NOT allow any intentional worldly acts in his organization. though man can still disobey.
Old 06-12-2019, 05:39 PM
Ascender
Quote:
Originally Posted by BigJohn
Not really strange................

In Hosea 12:14 the Hebrew word אֲדֹנָֽיו׃ is used.

That expression is used only once in the Bible.

What is strange, is other translations that word is generally translated
as Lord The Hebrew word should have become a share word but it wasn't.

exactly! ALL Bible versions replace either the Hebrew name Yahweh or English version Jehovah to "LORD." all caps replacing the name, in most of their verses. still again, Jehovah God... or Yahweh ,has the last say so. this is why you will still find in MANY of those same bible version. one or the other name. peace
Old 06-12-2019, 05:44 PM
Ascender
Quote:
Originally Posted by BigJohn
[center][font="Times New Roman"][size="4"]I guess you also believe there is a face on Mars which proves a great civilization was on Mars?

Jehovah God uses people for the truth. I looked at what you posted, sadly people will take what they can take, and run with it. satan is very busy, with his attacks. but Jesus said that in the last days, it will happen. peace
Old 06-12-2019, 05:59 PM
Master

Quote:
exactly! ALL Bible versions replace either the Hebrew name Yahweh or English version Jehovah to "LORD." all caps replacing the name, in most of their verses. still again, Jehovah God... or Yahweh ,has the last say so. this is why you will still find in MANY of those same bible version. one or the other name. peace

I really see that you love the Creator, I've been searching for Him my entire life, crying out to Him almost night after night, every single day I think about the Creator, why? He is the Father of all, it's in the nature of the child to seek His Father.

Please read my post below to see that there's a clear distinction between what Yahweh said in Exodus and what Jesus Christ says in Matthew, those are Christ words ( read just the first post ) based on our modern translations.

http://www.spiritualforums.com/vb/sh...d.php?t=132727

Now, after you read it, please tell me what do you think? I am not trying to show that your belief is wrong, I am only pointing to certain things.
Old 06-12-2019, 06:00 PM
Ascender
Quote:
Originally Posted by ThatMan
This is no face on Mars..... Now, you are talking like sky123, the very person people accuse of being into new age - "You see what you want to see". But in this case, it's quite clear what's there. Most christians don't have a clue about what they are actually following.....

actually, MANY do, we keep saying, that we're following Jesus, but obey his Father Jehovah God. our actions as an organization shows this. and MANY who we have witness to ,commends us. even though they don't want to serve Jehovah God. why do MANY refuse to accept who we say we follow? constantly trying to claim that we follow man. first it was "Brother Russell", now it's the mason. how many leaders do we as Jehovah's witnesses have? lol sad! and the same ones who points the negative finger at us. have not even begun to look in the mirror at themselves. also in defense Big John, have you NEVER seen animated artist conceptions of the moon? peace
Old 06-12-2019, 07:16 PM
Master
Quote:
Yes but you do change your Bible don't you
How many times has the King James Bible of 1611 changed?

Please be truthful.

⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜ ⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜

Happiness is the result of an enlightened mind whereas suffering is caused by a distorted mind.

Old 06-12-2019, 07:22 PM
Master
Quote:
A son honoureth his father, and a servant his master: if then I be a father, where is mine honour? and if I be a master, where is my fear? saith the LORD of hosts unto you, O priests, that despise my name. And ye say, Wherein have we despised thy name.
KJB

A son honors his father, and a slave his master. If I am a father, where is the honor due me? If I am a master, where is the respect due me?” says the Lord Almighty.

“It is you priests who show contempt for my name.

“But you ask, ‘How have we shown contempt for your name ?
NIV.

The LORD Almighty says to the priests: "A son honors his father, and a servant respects his master. I am your father and master, but where are the honor and respect I deserve? You have despised my name! "But you ask, 'How have we ever despised your name?'
NLV

The LORD Almighty says to the priests, “A son honours his father, and a servant honours his master. I am your father — why don't you honour me? I am your master — why don't you respect me? You despise me, and yet you ask, ‘How have we despised you?’
GNV

No Grand Master mentioned
Can you do me a favor? Please post the source of the cited scriptures.

Happiness is the result of an enlightened mind whereas suffering is caused by a distorted mind.