Spiritual Forums

Home

Donate!

Articles

CHAT!

Shop

Welcome to Spiritual Forums!.

We created this community for people from all backgrounds to discuss Spiritual, Paranormal, Metaphysical, Philosophical, Supernatural, and Esoteric subjects. From Astral Projection to Zen, all topics are welcome. We hope you enjoy your visits.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest, which gives you limited access to most discussions and articles. By joining our free community you will be able to post messages, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own photos, and gain access to our Chat Rooms, Registration is fast, simple, and free, so please, join our community today! !

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, check our FAQs before contacting support. Please read our forum rules, since they are enforced by our volunteer staff. This will help you avoid any infractions and issues.

Go Back   Spiritual Forums > Spirituality & Beliefs > Spiritual Development

Closed Thread

Old 12-01-2011, 11:05 PM
Master
i am not into picking energy in one's post.
i think words are clear enough to convey what one is meaning to say. and what i see generally speaking is how we have this habit of debunking other's worldview to validate our own, iow, we attempt to supplant it with our world view in the belief that our worldview will better serve, instead of simply engaged in the exchanges of views.

it's a natural reaction for someone to depends one's pov. i do not see the need to "psychologize" the defender of their faith (or the supplanter for that matter) as someone who has mental and emotional issues . i don't usually use that argument becasue it is a fallacy. i would rather stick up to the merits of one's argument on why he thought hiser beliefs are better than others.

Old 12-01-2011, 11:09 PM
blackfellawhitefella

so,

its appropriate when an entity (though its own 'ignorance') provides the opportunity

is that what you are saying to me ?

Quote:
Lets not be fooled into generalising that people who looking down at others have issues,

thats not where the actual 'issue' is then ?
Old 12-01-2011, 11:15 PM
Jules

LOL well I didn't even THINK about that one!!!! You will have realised by now that I am as honest as the day is long .. and also probably have the brainpower of an ant! lol.

Obviously over time it will become apparent how a person is perceived. Especially if they've been going to a site for a fairly substantial amount of time. In that case yes you do get to know a writer's style, moods, lifestyle so on and so forth. I'm talking more about meeting somebody say half a dozen times at most, without using any of the obvious tools available (I seriously had not given those a thought until you pointed them out). I dont' even know what the point of the post is, but it's obviously working upto something otherwise I wouldn't have brought it up. - that's usually the way my mind works. When something needs working on, it'll make itself known in one way or another until I've figured out what AND THEN I can start to work on it properly lol.

Quote:
In the spiritual community negative in general is a no no and this has bled into mainstream society too with people who are classed as negative being treated as social lepers.
This I VERY much associate with. I can't understand why everybody thinks that something or someone who is negative is automatically wanted to be dumped in the bin. It's so crystal clear to me that every single negative experience can be turned into a positive SOMEWHERE along the line, the lesson can be found. ALWAYS ALWAYS ALWAYS. And yes I'll more than likely get me head bit off for saying that but I'll stick by it. Yes even down to the most heinous of crimes are teaching .. forgiveness on a soul level. Doesn't mean you condone. You just choose to forgive, enabling Universal energies to work with you the best they can and allowing you to move forward. I know what I'm saying probably sounds alien to a lot of people but it's how I live my life, it's not saying I'm weak because I'm not. But I AM getting tired and I'm starting to waffle so I'll try and figure what all this has been about tomorrow. Thanks for getting back to me Shepherd. Nite xx
Old 12-01-2011, 11:17 PM
shepherd

Quote:
its appropriate when an entity (though its own 'ignorance') provides the opportunity

is that what you are saying to me ?

Who says it's through their own ignorance?

We are still mammals that are part of a community, we have hierachies and how that happens is often from what we give out to people. Some are happy to be "lower" on the hierachy, if they are it could be for many reasons. One being that they are the quiet type for example and are happy not thinking much but will do the dogsbody work. Not everyone will see this person as "lower" but others on instinctual levels will. If the person has no issue with it then should we?
Old 12-01-2011, 11:26 PM
blackfellawhitefella

ok then ,

its appropriate when an entity provides the opportunity.

is that the valid moment ?
Old 12-01-2011, 11:40 PM
shepherd

Quote:
ok then ,

its appropriate when an entity provides the opportunity.

is that the valid moment ?

You could see it that way. You could also see it that the person who wishes to be seen as "lower" is valid in the way they want to be seen.
Old 13-01-2011, 12:10 AM
Master
Quote:
Originally Posted by shepherd
You could see it that way. You could also see it that the person who wishes to be seen as "lower" is valid in the way they want to be seen.

Hello Shepard,

I know this was addressed to someone else, but viewing the exchange it brings a question to me.

Do you think anyone really wants to seen as "lower"? Don't you think that society biases and stigmas may play a part in how one may feel he/she is lower?

Example look at how the social view is towards overweight people. Isn't there a general negative view towards them and this can play into him/her feeling worse about themselves and even cause greater damage to their psyche. They may not be trying to be a victim, but made to feel a victim because of others treatment towards them.

I understand what you are saying and perhaps it is some primal thing in the human psyche.

I don't think that it is always the individual trying to be a victim or trying to bring it on themselves, sometimes, IMO, it is the bias that another may have or society (in general) may have and this can get projected onto another.

Just some thoughts on this. What do you think?

I was just looking at the question whether someone chooses to be seen as "lower".

Interesting discussion, btw.
Old 13-01-2011, 12:13 AM
blackfellawhitefella

yea but ,

we were not discussing an entity playing the woe is me role to perfection.

... validating the seeming appropriateness of that role is a thread in itself.

to 'look down' apon another ... says more about the looker downer.

how sad , that an entity who has the 'skillset' to see the 'lack' in another ,
would choose to see an opportunity for gain instead of an opportunity for service and growth.

but hey ... thats the reality we live here.

ISN'T IT ?

given that context , all i see is just another entity unconsciously bedazzled and hypnotised by the belief in 'special love'.... looking up to those entities seemingly beneficial and down at those entities seemingly not.

but no evidence of the appropriateness or validity of your initial statement ,
coz i dunna think there is ONE.
Old 13-01-2011, 12:27 AM
Master
Quote:
Originally Posted by Moonglow
I don't think that it is always the individual trying to be a victim or trying to bring it on themselves, sometimes, IMO, it is the bias that another may have or society (in general) may have and this can get projected onto another.

Just some thoughts on this. What do you think?

I was just looking at the question whether someone chooses to be seen as "lower".

Interesting discussion, btw.

yes, it's just about someone (a person or society) being biased.

Old 13-01-2011, 12:37 AM
shepherd

Quote:
to 'look down' apon another ... says more about the looker downer.

how sad , that an entity who has the 'skillset' to see the 'lack' in another ,
would choose to see an opportunity for gain instead of an opportunity for service and growth.

but hey ... thats the reality we live here.

ISN'T IT ?

You can rationalise it and talk about how you think it should be but that would just be your judgement on it. It's never to black and white , that's just the way it is.

Quote:
but no evidence of the appropriateness or validity of your initial statement ,
coz i dunna think there is ONE.

Well that's upto you, i've no need to convince you. When you are in a crowd of people maybe explore how you really feel about each person and also how they all behave around each other. A clue is to watch out for anxiety from what is known as the honest brain (limbic system) as this is what will show weakness.

Quote:
Do you think anyone really wants to seen as "lower"? Don't you think that society biases and stigmas may play a part in how one may feel he/she is lower?

Hi Moonglow, there are may reasons why someone will want to be seen as lower and its not all negative despite how we may feel about it. Social biases do play apart as well as cast systems, class, education, culture, religion, status, self esteem, the list goes on really. There really is much more to it than our own bias.

In various cultures where there is a hierachy, are you saying that is wrong then?
Closed Thread