Spiritual Forums

Home

Donate!

Articles

CHAT!

Shop

Welcome to Spiritual Forums!.

We created this community for people from all backgrounds to discuss Spiritual, Paranormal, Metaphysical, Philosophical, Supernatural, and Esoteric subjects. From Astral Projection to Zen, all topics are welcome. We hope you enjoy your visits.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest, which gives you limited access to most discussions and articles. By joining our free community you will be able to post messages, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own photos, and gain access to our Chat Rooms, Registration is fast, simple, and free, so please, join our community today! !

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, check our FAQs before contacting support. Please read our forum rules, since they are enforced by our volunteer staff. This will help you avoid any infractions and issues.

Go Back   Spiritual Forums > Spirituality & Beliefs > Spiritual Development

Closed Thread

Old 10-01-2011, 11:04 PM
Master
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jules
cheeky monkey
That's no different to saying God, The Divine Energy, The Source etc. So I'm not letting you cop out on that one! lol.

if we are consciousness as you keep saying .. then there is no need to release fear is there. Shame is a REACTION to being disrespectful which comes from fear. IMO we ARE the true self in every moment. We are EXACTLY where we are meant to be. Whether you have heeded your own Higher C or not, or whatever you want to call it, whether you are totally enlightened, your true self is apparent to YOURSELF whenever YOU wish to see it, and project it if desired.

Namaste.
Jue xxx

Im not saying that we should be doing something, and I absolutely agree we are exactly where we are meant to be, but I dont think we are living authentically as a human race. I think the idea of the 'true' self is just a way of talking about this lack of authenticity which arises from a bunch of fearful and shameful beliefs that we have been conditioned to hold to be true. The difficulty is that we dont know what we are scared of and ashamed of until we are given a situation that reveals the conditioning. So I think that in the next few years we are going to be given (or manifest) a lot of situations which help us to release these beliefs. From what you said, the hospital situation recently for you sounds like a huge blessing in its own way, and I think thats a great example of how things are going to unfold.
Old 10-01-2011, 11:08 PM
Master
from psychoanalyst to prophet.
cool
Old 10-01-2011, 11:25 PM
Suspended
Quote:
Originally Posted by hybrid
it's just a joke to end our discussion with levity. never mind that.

Ok babe.
Old 10-01-2011, 11:35 PM
Master
Quote:
Originally Posted by hybrid
from psychoanalyst to prophet.
cool

Haha I think there is an opening for you as a career advisor somewhere.

The prophet in me can imagine on a new earth you guiding and stewarding the young ones towards their specialities. Maybe working in a Mystery School hehe
Old 11-01-2011, 12:40 AM
LaMont Cranston

Manifest this...

andrew g., I notice that your word for the day is "manifest." I'd be willing to bet that you resonate with manifesting...that is, if your unconditioned self doesn't have you get overly attached to stories.
Old 11-01-2011, 01:23 AM
Jules

Quote:
I absolutely agree we are exactly where we are meant to be, but I dont think we are living authentically as a human race. I think the idea of the 'true' self is just a way of talking about this lack of authenticity which arises from a bunch of fearful and shameful beliefs that we have been conditioned to hold to be true. The difficulty is that we dont know what we are scared of and ashamed of until we are given a situation that reveals the conditioning. So I think that in the next few years we are going to be given (or manifest) a lot of situations which help us to release these beliefs. From what you said, the hospital situation recently for you sounds like a huge blessing in its own way, and I think thats a great example of how things are going to unfold.

As a human race, the only way we know how to live is through what we have been taught. Either through teachings on the earth plane OR teachings from Spirit. (or whatever your belief is-I want to make clear that is MY staunch truth, but as with all things truth changes). You CANNOT nullify how each and every single one of us live today, in this present moment and say it is NOT authentic. Because no matter where you are on path, like you've already agreed it is perfect in the moment. So basically you're contradicting yourself. One can't be so without the other.

Why do you think you've been conditioned to hold onto these so called shameful beliefs? Who'se told you they are actually so? And why are you ashamed of them? They have been YOUR TRUTH upto the point where they no longer sat well with you. They didn't behold what YOUR TRUTH was any longer. And that's as it should be. Truth changes. Nothing to be ashamed of there. No guilt attached. No fear. The only person that allowed the conditioning was yourself. Remember. 'We' are talking about individualism here.

How can we know what we are going to be scared of until it happens so why worry about it? It's all conjecture. What we are going through now Andrew is Evolution. We can't physically change it. The collective may be able to in years to come because more people by then will be AWARE of the POTENTIAL. More and more are awakening, you as well as everyone on this site are seeing it. The youngsters coming through these doors are so much more clued up than we could even begin to imagine at their age .. but THAT is the sign of the times, the beginnings of the collective expansion. It's exciting beyond belief what the next wave will bring. But it's a gentle lap and not a crashing tidal wave that your expecting. It's taken me 8 years to get to this point on my journey of self awareness. It'll take me at least another 20 I would think to be anywhere near what Im searching for. But who know's? It could well be 12 months hence.

The episode at the hospital was what I needed to show me EXACTLY what I was thinking about, trying to put into words.I'm a firm believer that until you've experienced something yourself then you can't possibly understand what someone else is going/gone through. You can't. and each indiviual case has to go on it's own merit. So although we each of us have the experiences, its how we REACT that determines the feelings and emotions, therefore making it a very UNIQUE experience. So my being in this nothingness if you like, I'm not even gonna say feeling of peace because it was more like BEING peace, no sense of time, all this positivity, grace, belonging, gratitude, love it was all ... just there. No searching for it. It just WAS. AND THAT WAS MY TRUE SELF. And then the illusion hits when 'reality' hits you in the face. Welcome back lol. But I have NO DOUBT WHATSOEVER that state can and will be achieved. Once one has let go and surrendered all the fear, letting the LOA work it's magic.

Old 11-01-2011, 01:38 AM
Master
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jules
As a human race, the only way we know how to live is through what we have been taught. Either through teachings on the earth plane OR teachings from Spirit. (or whatever your belief is-I want to make clear that is MY staunch truth, but as with all things truth changes). You CANNOT nullify how each and every single one of us live today, in this present moment and say it is NOT authentic. Because no matter where you are on path, like you've already agreed it is perfect in the moment. So basically you're contradicting yourself. One can't be so without the other.

I wouldnt say I am nullifying the way we live, Im suggesting that as a race we dont live authentically, and that is exactly as it is meant to be right now. Im not judging the inauthenticity as being wrong or that it shouldnt be happening. Its perfect.

Why do you think you've been conditioned to hold onto these so called shameful beliefs? Who'se told you they are actually so? And why are you ashamed of them? They have been YOUR TRUTH upto the point where they no longer sat well with you. They didn't behold what YOUR TRUTH was any longer. And that's as it should be. Truth changes. Nothing to be ashamed of there. No guilt attached. No fear. The only person that allowed the conditioning was yourself. Remember. 'We' are talking about individualism here.

We are conditioned to hold shameful beliefs to be true from the moment we are conceived. If humans didnt live in shame this would be a planet of unconditional love and abundance and joy right now, and clearly its not. Im not really ashamed of having shameful beliefs, if I was I wouldnt be talking about them I doubt. I tend to notice the beliefs as they arise and transmute them or hand them over.

How can we know what we are going to be scared of until it happens so why worry about it? It's all conjecture. What we are going through now Andrew is Evolution. We can't physically change it. The collective may be able to in years to come because more people by then will be AWARE of the POTENTIAL. More and more are awakening, you as well as everyone on this site are seeing it. The youngsters coming through these doors are so much more clued up than we could even begin to imagine at their age .. but THAT is the sign of the times, the beginnings of the collective expansion. It's exciting beyond belief what the next wave will bring. But it's a gentle lap and not a crashing tidal wave that your expecting. It's taken me 8 years to get to this point on my journey of self awareness. It'll take me at least another 20 I would think to be anywhere near what Im searching for. But who know's? It could well be 12 months hence.

Im not saying we should worry about it. Really it makes no sense to worry about it for the reasons you suggest. I resonated with a lot of what you said there.

The episode at the hospital was what I needed to show me EXACTLY what I was thinking about, trying to put into words.I'm a firm believer that until you've experienced something yourself then you can't possibly understand what someone else is going/gone through. You can't. and each indiviual case has to go on it's own merit. So although we each of us have the experiences, its how we REACT that determines the feelings and emotions, therefore making it a very UNIQUE experience. So my being in this nothingness if you like, I'm not even gonna say feeling of peace because it was more like BEING peace, no sense of time, all this positivity, grace, belonging, gratitude, love it was all ... just there. No searching for it. It just WAS. AND THAT WAS MY TRUE SELF. And then the illusion hits when 'reality' hits you in the face. Welcome back lol. But I have NO DOUBT WHATSOEVER that state can and will be achieved. Once one has let go and surrendered all the fear, letting the LOA work it's magic.

That sounds cool. I can relate to it in my own way, and I agree that that was your 'true' self.
Old 11-01-2011, 09:09 AM
Master
Quote:
Originally Posted by Smiler
WHAT IS SELF?

Can one define self?

)

Hi smiler

I ear marked your question but forgot to come back to It. I did hear at some point a few wise words that Included the self - I will try and put some of the words back together In explanation. lol

If we were to Imagine that the sun Is what we are, the sun Is the source.

The suns ray’s - the suns light Is our awareness..

There Is a window within a darkened room.
The window represents consciousness and the room represents “the self”

We cannot realize what we are “the source” without the light / awareness.

The question Is - Is how much light / awareness can shine through the window of consciousness? The clearer the pains of glass of the window the more awareness of self can be realized.

The more light that shines within the darkened room the more consciously aware of the self we will be.

So the self Is what we are within mind. It’s the awareness and consciousness that allows us to remember / see / realize etc, what we are (In mind) It Is the purpose of all experience.

When we go beyond mind there Is no self. We are just be-ing the sun.

It went something like that - I like It lol

x daz x
Old 11-01-2011, 09:54 AM
shepherd

Quote:
That sounds cool. I can relate to it in my own way, and I agree that that was your 'true' self.

Out of interest......and not what?
Old 11-01-2011, 10:46 AM
Master
Quote:
Originally Posted by shepherd
Out of interest......and not what?

Whatever the opposite of 'true' is. False self, conditioned self, separate self, altered ego, inauthentic self, the mask. There have been many ways of talking about it over the years.

Do you like Carl Jung's work on the shadow self out of interest?
Closed Thread