Spiritual Forums

Home

Donate!

Articles

CHAT!

Shop

Welcome to Spiritual Forums!.

We created this community for people from all backgrounds to discuss Spiritual, Paranormal, Metaphysical, Philosophical, Supernatural, and Esoteric subjects. From Astral Projection to Zen, all topics are welcome. We hope you enjoy your visits.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest, which gives you limited access to most discussions and articles. By joining our free community you will be able to post messages, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own photos, and gain access to our Chat Rooms, Registration is fast, simple, and free, so please, join our community today! !

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, check our FAQs before contacting support. Please read our forum rules, since they are enforced by our volunteer staff. This will help you avoid any infractions and issues.

Go Back   Spiritual Forums > Spirituality & Beliefs > Astral Projection

Old 17-04-2012, 04:35 PM
embrace

Astral Projection - the easy way

I thought I share a little bit of my experience with OOBE. It's been about 10 years since I've been practicing it and I've learnt a lot during that time. So here's what I've learnt based on my experience.

I discovered that many beginners tend to have troubles with having their 1st Astral Projection because they fail to realize what is the necessary condition that must be fulfilled regardless of the visualization being used. Of course, I mean sleep paralysis; it's not emphasized enough that it is the OOBE's "must have." The techniques you've heard of work once you have achieved a conscious sleep paralysis. It's not enough to be relaxed! Sleep paralysis is when it's impossible for you to to move the parts of your body, even though you try. If you enter this state, you will end up with some good chances to transform it to an OOBE. If you don't, you shouldn't try any techniques, because they won't work. OOBE consists in separation of your consciousness from the body, and it can only be done when your body is asleep. I have heard of a variety of point of views on this. Some OOBE "gurus" tells us that sleep paralysis has no importance in masteric OOBE. I once read that one can achieve an out of the body experience while driving a car. But there's a huge difference between a real experience and some information that cannot be verified. I chose to be sceptical about anything that I could not replicate myself. therefore, I think that it is utterly necessary to have sleep paralysis in order to have an out of the body experience.

Before focusing on out of the body experience, I'm going to talk a little bit about getting into sleep paralysis. That's way more difficult task than achieving an OOBE itself. First off, it's quite unlikely to have a conscious sleep paralysis at night, when you go to sleep. Just to make it clear, when we fall asleep, we do have sleep paralysis, but normally we become unconscious way earlier. The easiest method to achieve sleep paralysis is get out of bed around 4am and stay awake for a while, and then go back to sleep. Through trials and errors I discovered that it's best to combine 4 h of sleep and 1 hour of being active. During this hour you shouldn't remain in bed. The goal is to keep your mind active; it's a good idea to read a newspaper or watch television. Even better idea would be to read your OOBE journal (if you have one), or read an article about Astral Projection (to influence your subconscious mind). When you return to bed, try to fall asleep as you normally do. It might take some time to start feeling sleepy again. If you did everything as described, you have something like eighty percent chance of remaining conscious when you fall into a sleep paralysis. It usually takes from 15 minutes to one h; try to be patient and try to stay still. When you notice some noises inside of your head and something like vibrations in your your body, it's a sign that your body is likely to be in a sleep paralysis. This is when you should try one of OOBE methods.

I guess you have tried plenty of methods already. Many of them are going to work when you have sleep paralysis. The technique that is the best is to visualize just about any physical movement. Sometimes I visualize myself running as fast as possible. This visualization makes me experience this bizarre pressure in my body, which increases the vibrations and leads to Astral Projection. You should try many different techniques yourself to see what technique works in your case. In fact, any visualization of the physical movement will work if you are in the right state. All you need to do isJust remember to stay relaxed and enjoy your journey.

You can do it!
Old 17-04-2012, 09:17 PM
olearke

I think this is a great post and I agree with everything that has been said. I really am happy someone finally made this remark about sleep paralysis.
Old 17-04-2012, 09:42 PM
ditsykate

Thankyou for sharing with me x
Old 18-04-2012, 06:44 AM
Ciqala

I am glad you created this thread to clarify, because that is exactly what astral projection is... the body falling asleep. It is the same thing as lucid dreaming, accept you fall asleep into it, and typically AP happens rapidly the more you practice, or some people are natural at it, and the whole process of entering sleep happens instantaneously.

Although I've never heard this process labeled as "sleep paralysis", the more traditional forms of sleep paralysis (the scary nightmare forms of paralysis) can also be used to benefit AP. It can also be used while experiencing sleep paralysis during the middle of the night.

I agree it is not a deep relaxation you are striving for, those manuals are deceiving in that sense. You are striving for your body to actually fall asleep on you. All you have to do is fall asleep, and try to stay awake through the hypnogogic hallucinations (those random pictures and sounds that happen right before the dream state). If you manage to stay awake through this you will immediately experience vibrations, and as soon as those stop you will be out of body. It actually does not take long for this process to happen.
And this is the easiest way to achieve astral projection, because all you are doing is trying to fall asleep but stay awake and mindful during the hypnogogic and vibration process.

Many people also make the mistake of going back to sleep or waking themselves up after the vibrations stop because they assume they are still in body after they look around and they are still in bed! But it's not your actual physical eyes you are looking out of!

You might make this mistake, because you WILL be out of body as soon as the vibrations stop, and chances are you won't even realize it because it feels exactly like before when you were laying in bed.
You just have to roll out of body.
In other words, roll over to the side, get up and walk around. The same as you would if you were in your physical body. Look down at yourself, and you will see, you are not in your physical body anymore, you are in your astral body, but it feels exactly the same.

You should not have to visualize anything after the vibrations. After the vibrations stop you are dislocated from body. It takes some getting used to, but it is a physical feeling, and you would move just in the same way as you would with your normal body.
When they talk about "rolling" out of body, it feels very physical and solid, just like in real life. You can't roll out of your body unless you are asleep.

It feels physically real although you may feel "disorientated" or "heavy" or "floaty" at first and chances are you won't even realize you are out of body when it even happens because it feels very real, and you might be kind of dazed.

Alternatively, if you are adventurous you could visualize somewhere to go, but you must be direct in where you want to travel to. This one time I directed myself to "my parent's house" I ended up travelling back in time 30 years, to their old farm house.
In the astral realms, you can go wherever you want. You don't have to move physically at all. You can just appear anywhere, you can even fly.

But to begin, it's easiest to just roll out of your body right after the vibrations stop because then you get a feel for how it is to move with your astral body and how it is the same with your physical body. Chances are you might be kind of disorientated at this time, and might even forget your intentions. So it's good to remember that after the vibrations you should MOVE! Because it's not going to be your physical body moving, and as long as you remain calm, you will not wake yourself up from the experience. Even if you do end up getting too excited, it is very easy to slip back into astral state again.

Old 19-04-2012, 05:48 AM
embrace

Thank you for your feedback, everybody! I'm happy you find my post useful.
Quote:
...people also make the mistake of going back to sleep or waking themselves up after the vibrations stop because they assume they are still in body after they look around and they are still in bed! But it's not your actual physical eyes you are looking out of!
This is interesting - it actually happened to me many times, but I must have not realized that it was an OOBE.
Old 19-04-2012, 06:20 AM
Pathfinder
Do you ever see horrific things during sleep paralysis?
Old 20-04-2012, 01:10 AM
embrace

Quote:
Originally Posted by Monaheart
Do you ever see horrific things during sleep paralysis?
Nope, never happened to me.
Old 20-04-2012, 03:41 AM
Master
Cigala: ...all you are doing is trying to fall asleep but stay awake and mindful during the hypnogogic and vibration process.

This is the key. It's simple but not always easy, which means it takes practice.

Xan

Old 01-07-2016, 02:25 AM
Astral Seeker

Diggin up this good thread cause something makes me wonder.

It is said to wait for the vibrations to stop before moving.

In my experience when they stop it's over and if I move this is my physical body moving.

I'm on a dry spell now but when I did AP I always moved when the vibrations were at their max intensity.

Can others shed some light and tell when they do think moving is recommended ? During the vibrations or when they stop ?
Old 02-07-2016, 01:11 AM
Experiencer

Quote:
Originally Posted by embrace
I thought I share a little bit of my experience with OOBE. It's been about 10 years since I've been practicing it and I've learnt a lot during that time. So here's what I've learnt based on my experience.

I discovered that many beginners tend to have troubles with having their 1st Astral Projection because they fail to realize what is the necessary condition that must be fulfilled regardless of the visualization being used. Of course, I mean sleep paralysis; it's not emphasized enough that it is the OOBE's "must have." The techniques you've heard of work once you have achieved a conscious sleep paralysis. It's not enough to be relaxed! Sleep paralysis is when it's impossible for you to to move the parts of your body, even though you try. If you enter this state, you will end up with some good chances to transform it to an OOBE. If you don't, you shouldn't try any techniques, because they won't work. OOBE consists in separation of your consciousness from the body, and it can only be done when your body is asleep. I have heard of a variety of point of views on this. Some OOBE "gurus" tells us that sleep paralysis has no importance in masteric OOBE. I once read that one can achieve an out of the body experience while driving a car. But there's a huge difference between a real experience and some information that cannot be verified. I chose to be sceptical about anything that I could not replicate myself. therefore, I think that it is utterly necessary to have sleep paralysis in order to have an out of the body experience.

Before focusing on out of the body experience, I'm going to talk a little bit about getting into sleep paralysis. That's way more difficult task than achieving an OOBE itself. First off, it's quite unlikely to have a conscious sleep paralysis at night, when you go to sleep. Just to make it clear, when we fall asleep, we do have sleep paralysis, but normally we become unconscious way earlier. The easiest method to achieve sleep paralysis is get out of bed around 4am and stay awake for a while, and then go back to sleep. Through trials and errors I discovered that it's best to combine 4 h of sleep and 1 hour of being active. During this hour you shouldn't remain in bed. The goal is to keep your mind active; it's a good idea to read a newspaper or watch television. Even better idea would be to read your OOBE journal (if you have one), or read an article about Astral Projection (to influence your subconscious mind). When you return to bed, try to fall asleep as you normally do. It might take some time to start feeling sleepy again. If you did everything as described, you have something like eighty percent chance of remaining conscious when you fall into a sleep paralysis. It usually takes from 15 minutes to one h; try to be patient and try to stay still. When you notice some noises inside of your head and something like vibrations in your your body, it's a sign that your body is likely to be in a sleep paralysis. This is when you should try one of OOBE methods.

I guess you have tried plenty of methods already. Many of them are going to work when you have sleep paralysis. The technique that is the best is to visualize just about any physical movement. Sometimes I visualize myself running as fast as possible. This visualization makes me experience this bizarre pressure in my body, which increases the vibrations and leads to Astral Projection. You should try many different techniques yourself to see what technique works in your case. In fact, any visualization of the physical movement will work if you are in the right state. All you need to do isJust remember to stay relaxed and enjoy your journey.

You can do it!

im not convinced that one needs to enter sp to project.yes, once your body falls asleep and enters sp, it is way easier to project, this does not mean you have to have sp.
for me, there 2 different ways we experience sp, first one being that we enter sp consciously, second one being that we are already consciously un-aware of our physical body as it falls asleep and enters sp.this is how it is for me, i get so emerged in my visuals that i totally forget about the physical world, i even forget the fact that i am visualizing in my mind.the place i visualize becomes real from my perspective, as long as i focus long enough on it, thus, im already un-aware of body before it falls asleep, so i do not experience sp consciously.

so,yeah, a person does not have to consciously experience sp for ap.i find it easier toproject through visuals then trying to induce sp, i also find it alot faster then waiting for sp.