Spiritual Forums

Home

Donate!

Articles

CHAT!

Shop

Welcome to Spiritual Forums!.

We created this community for people from all backgrounds to discuss Spiritual, Paranormal, Metaphysical, Philosophical, Supernatural, and Esoteric subjects. From Astral Projection to Zen, all topics are welcome. We hope you enjoy your visits.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest, which gives you limited access to most discussions and articles. By joining our free community you will be able to post messages, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own photos, and gain access to our Chat Rooms, Registration is fast, simple, and free, so please, join our community today! !

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, check our FAQs before contacting support. Please read our forum rules, since they are enforced by our volunteer staff. This will help you avoid any infractions and issues.

Go Back   Spiritual Forums > Spirituality & Beliefs > Astral Projection

Old 04-07-2016, 09:55 AM
Master

JohnElls does have a good point. Stress can cause things to happen. It is possible to have symptoms even when you are meditating and you are relaxed. I sometimes get wrestles leg syndrome when I am meditating. When I am feeling really good I do not get wrestles leg syndrome.
Old 04-07-2016, 04:22 PM
Pathfinder

I have been really close to having an OOBE lots of times and have experienced the vibration stage often. I think that maybe your body chemistry or something has changed after the OOBE attempt. Are you wearing a lot of warm clothes when you try it? Are you in a cool room? I would try maybe doing it in an AC room where the temperature is on cold, maybe you won't get so sweaty?
Old 04-07-2016, 04:54 PM
Pathfinder
Quote:
Originally Posted by creatureoflight
I have been really close to having an OOBE lots of times and have experienced the vibration stage often. I think that maybe your body chemistry or something has changed after the OOBE attempt. Are you wearing a lot of warm clothes when you try it? Are you in a cool room? I would try maybe doing it in an AC room where the temperature is on cold, maybe you won't get so sweaty?

I do it in an AC room in my underwear :) Like i said earlier, I'm usually freezing! haha. Anyway, after further research, I've found that it's likely a sign of progression in meditation. I just picked up meditation induced tinnitus during my last session, so I think it's pretty safe to say that these are good signs rather than bad. I wish you luck in having an OBE, I keep getting very close as well.
Old 04-07-2016, 09:18 PM
Seeker

Quote:
Originally Posted by astralsuzy
JohnElls does have a good point. Stress can cause things to happen. It is possible to have symptoms even when you are meditating and you are relaxed. I sometimes get wrestles leg syndrome when I am meditating. When I am feeling really good I do not get wrestles leg syndrome.

Astralsuzy. Have you tried a magnesium supplement? Might help.
Old 04-07-2016, 11:27 PM
Master

I do magnesium and it works. If I am feeling stressed it does not work. I try to keep myself calm and relaxed.
Old 05-07-2016, 12:18 AM
Master

Quote:
Originally Posted by Waste of Paint
Thanks for the suggestions, I will try them! As for medical conditions, I've never had any. I've had a large handful of mental health "problems", but never had I any issues with my physical health. I've had a variety of check-ups recently (like within the past couple of days) and everything looks perfect :) Like I said, overheating is not an issue I usually have, not even when I am asleep.

I read briefly about Kundalini and I was baffled by how it's described as a feeling in the spine that spreads and gets more intense. This is exactly where the heat comes from, then it spreads and gets hotter and hotter. At first it is pleasant, then I can't relax at all. I am very young (early 20s), so if it is this, I find it very hard to believe that this would happen to me so soon.

Kundalini has nothing at all to do with age, its more to do with spiritual develop levels and also development before this lifetime. It doesnt naturally trigger till one is at a certain level of development.

if one is very close to having this raise.. any kind of energy work and all kinds of meditation can set off kundalini more including AP attempts.

be careful how much of these things you do, make sure you are taking things at a pace you can handle as sudden kundalini spikes can be completely life changing and you cant come back from things once experienced. It can force one to alter all ones belief systems. Maybe think about cutting your AP attempts down to only once or twice a week seeing your current practice is activating this to this point. (its building yet not easily releasing, hence you get hot and sweaty).

I myself was once almost killed by kundalini, I ended up in very very serious trouble when it suddenly activated to a huge degree (in my case this happened after a group had energetically connected to me my body and my body systems.. (psychic attack??) couldnt handle I'd be dead if a couple of extremely advanced energyworkers hadnt been able to very quickly help me, break the link the group had on me and download my kundalini from me and work on slowing its surges. It was shorting out all like my physical neuro system... I was being paralysed between surges, my whole body was contorting and I was almost s pass out during them, it was affecting my heart badly which went very erratic during surges and started missing beats and was at risk of actually stopping due to this. Im being serious when I say I would be dead if I hadnt known a couple of ones who were able to deal with this, if my daughter hadnt been around to then go and seek help for me while i was collapsed on floor with this getting even worst. So do not underestimate the problems too much activation of this could cause. To this day I still have probably kundalini issues (kundalini syndrome which limits how much energy stuff I can do etc) due to overload and in my early 40s, now have to use a wheelchair at times.

Slow and steady progress with this is better then ending up slammed by triggering it too much and ending up in big trouble esp if you've had past mental health issues as it can really intensify those too by really changing things. I had a friend who had to spend 3mths in a mental hospital after he activated his too much via doing energy healing on others and via meditation and spiritual work.

the good thing about kundalini and AP thou is that over time the kundalini will bring you closer and closer to being able to naturally astrally project.
Old 05-07-2016, 01:22 AM
Experiencer

A Natural process can become problematic if one concentrates too much upon it....in my experience. Yet that resistance can also bee seen as natural too.

For me...It is not so disturbing as over heating, so I do sympathize very much...However, My conspirators would seem to be... The distracting itch, the tickle in the nose or throat etc...

It is as though your physical body, the anchorage for your consciousness goes to overdrive when you consciously attempt to project to establish a grip on your consciousness , I feel sure this is normal as a reaction because you are trying to get your consciousness to vacate your physical body...

Yet..all is not lost,,,In fact in many respects this thing is done without us even having to try. As an example during REM Theta Brain activity (Dream state..be that Lucid Dreaming or Dreaming) Consciousness projection occurs naturally in many other instances too... That is to say...If one method has proven too problematic, do not be afraid to abandon that method in favour of one that may work better for you.