Spiritual Forums

Home

Donate!

Articles

CHAT!

Shop

Welcome to Spiritual Forums!.

We created this community for people from all backgrounds to discuss Spiritual, Paranormal, Metaphysical, Philosophical, Supernatural, and Esoteric subjects. From Astral Projection to Zen, all topics are welcome. We hope you enjoy your visits.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest, which gives you limited access to most discussions and articles. By joining our free community you will be able to post messages, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own photos, and gain access to our Chat Rooms, Registration is fast, simple, and free, so please, join our community today! !

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, check our FAQs before contacting support. Please read our forum rules, since they are enforced by our volunteer staff. This will help you avoid any infractions and issues.

Go Back   Spiritual Forums > Spirituality & Beliefs > Astral Projection

Old 03-07-2016, 03:40 AM
Pathfinder
Attempting Astral Projection (Overheating)

The closest I came to possibly having an OBE was when my body started vibrating. I lost my calm and eventually opened my eyes and couldn't move. Since then I've been having trouble with overheating. It seems that whenever I start to get into a deep calm and start to drift away, I start getting really hot and sweaty. Overheating isn't a problem I usually have, I have a very low body temperature and the room is very cold. Why does this happen and how do I stop it? It eventually makes me unable to relax.
Old 03-07-2016, 11:09 AM
Master

Could you have a medical condition that makes you hot. I have that problem. I have to take medication to prevent it from happening. Perhaps you do not have that problem. I am only guessing. When you get hot and sweaty you could take off a blanket or jumper or if that is not the answer you will have to try to ignore it. I cannot think of anything else. I know that would be hard to ignore it. I know it is a nuisance. You get really relaxed and everything goes well and that happens. Perhaps it does not happen all the time.
Old 03-07-2016, 01:06 PM
Seeker

Considering the circumstances (vibrations), your overheating could be stirring of the Kundalini--Google it. I would still rule out any medical issues before I jumped to conclusions as Astralsuzy suggested tho--as overheating could also be something like a thyroid issue. I warn you first, however, that if you mention "Kundalini" to your doctor, he'll look at you cross-eyed. :-)
Old 03-07-2016, 01:07 PM
Guide
Quote:
Originally Posted by Waste of Paint
The closest I came to possibly having an OBE was when my body started vibrating. I lost my calm and eventually opened my eyes and couldn't move. Since then I've been having trouble with overheating. It seems that whenever I start to get into a deep calm and start to drift away, I start getting really hot and sweaty. Overheating isn't a problem I usually have, I have a very low body temperature and the room is very cold. Why does this happen and how do I stop it? It eventually makes me unable to relax.

Hi Waste of Paint, it sounds like your hypothalamus somehow got affected when attempting to OBE. Hypothalamus regulates the body temperature. As simply as it sounds, prior to sleeping or attempting OBE, I would give intentions to the hypothalamus to maintain proper functioning while sleeping or OBEing. THe body must obey the commands of the mind, so know that the body must respond to your command.

An example you should state (just an example, you can make up whatever statement best suits you): As I enter sleep (or OBE), the hypothalamus must regulate the body's temperature at all times. So be it, so it is.

Best wishes!

Hope is praying for rain; Faith is bringing an umbrella
Old 03-07-2016, 02:09 PM
Pathfinder
Thanks for the suggestions, I will try them! As for medical conditions, I've never had any. I've had a large handful of mental health "problems", but never had I any issues with my physical health. I've had a variety of check-ups recently (like within the past couple of days) and everything looks perfect :) Like I said, overheating is not an issue I usually have, not even when I am asleep.

I read briefly about Kundalini and I was baffled by how it's described as a feeling in the spine that spreads and gets more intense. This is exactly where the heat comes from, then it spreads and gets hotter and hotter. At first it is pleasant, then I can't relax at all. I am very young (early 20s), so if it is this, I find it very hard to believe that this would happen to me so soon.
Old 03-07-2016, 02:34 PM
Pathfinder
If it is of any particular help, after these things started happened, I've felt differently. I'm having intense mood swings. I feel more love and joy than I did before, but I keep lashing out at every negative thing somebody else says, no matter how small. Like I have no control over my emotions anymore.

My partner is in jail (he's basicall my husband, we have a child together and all). He should be there for 4 months, he has 1 month yet to go. The past 3 months I have been missing him, extremely lonely and depressed. I stopped caring after the overheating started. I don't feel like visiting him anymore. I know this is going to make him miserable and I feel guilty about it, but I don't want to do it. I don't know why.
Old 03-07-2016, 07:00 PM
Seeker

Sorry to hear you're going thru such a rough time. It's true that Kundalini can cause all the symptoms that you describe, but from what you say, and especially if you're not doing a lot of heavy chakra type meditation, etc., I would say that just pure stress would be more than likely the probable culprit. Stress can cause all sorts of physical symptoms. It can then snowball into causing hormonal, metabolic, and even mood problems as well. But then, any medical problems can cause the stress too. I would definitely discuss your symptoms with your doctor if it keeps up--even if it doesn't. Try to relax and do some mindfulness meditation simply observing your breath. Stress is not good.
Old 03-07-2016, 07:48 PM
Pathfinder
I've been doing a whole lot of meditation lately. I don't get stressed at all when I'm alone. I'm surrounded by negative people right now and it seems there is no escape, so all of my stress comes from being around those people.

I really don't think it's caused by stress because it sets in when I'm really relaxed, which isn't a hard thing for me to do. Nor do I think it is Kundalini. I don't really know what it is, but I think I should try to focus on not getting hot, haha. I just really need to figure out how to control it because it is the only thing that I seem to be having trouble with.
Old 03-07-2016, 09:19 PM
Seeker

I'm not sure what you mean by a "whole lot of meditation," but anything can be overdone. Be careful there. Stay grounded. Vibrations, even subtle vibrations, or electrical energy, IMO, are always related to Kundalini. This can be a pleasant experience, or it can be not so great. Suggested reading is "Kundalini," by Gopi Krishna (I think). I hope things work out well for you.
Old 03-07-2016, 09:58 PM
Pathfinder
Quote:
Originally Posted by JohnElls
I'm not sure what you mean by a "whole lot of meditation," but anything can be overdone. Be careful there. Stay grounded. Vibrations, even subtle vibrations, or electrical energy, IMO, are always related to Kundalini. This can be a pleasant experience, or it can be not so great. Suggested reading is "Kundalini," by Gopi Krishna (I think). I hope things work out well for you.

Thank you :) I've been meditating 30 minutes - 2 hours a day every day. I'm not sure what is suggested, but this is what seems to feel best to me. I used to do so much less.