Spiritual Forums

Home

Donate!

Articles

CHAT!

Shop

Welcome to Spiritual Forums!.

We created this community for people from all backgrounds to discuss Spiritual, Paranormal, Metaphysical, Philosophical, Supernatural, and Esoteric subjects. From Astral Projection to Zen, all topics are welcome. We hope you enjoy your visits.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest, which gives you limited access to most discussions and articles. By joining our free community you will be able to post messages, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own photos, and gain access to our Chat Rooms, Registration is fast, simple, and free, so please, join our community today! !

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, check our FAQs before contacting support. Please read our forum rules, since they are enforced by our volunteer staff. This will help you avoid any infractions and issues.

Go Back   Spiritual Forums > Spirituality & Beliefs > Astral Projection

Old 19-06-2016, 01:34 AM
Super Moderator
Quote:
Originally Posted by Curtis 33 33 33
I just got out of rehab. Something another client told me in treatment was that your spirit leaves you while under the influence of drugs or alcohol, and won't return to you for several days sober. Anyone have knowledge on this? Many addicts including myself describe a feeling of not being present. Could this be the absence of the spirit from the physical body?

I don't think so. The Spirit has a profound connection with the vehicle it is using to manifest in the world.
What possibly might have been happening is extreme numbness. Substance use especially if habitual or excessive, can cause a lot of emotional and mental numbness and confusion, so it may be difficult to attune to the Spirit within. Also the lifestyle won't help as it will be very dense astrally and cause all sorts of distractions.
Old 19-06-2016, 01:37 AM
Super Moderator
Quote:
Originally Posted by metal68
Nothing leaves your body when youre drunk

Its just chemicals affecting your brain working.

Why does there always have to be a paranormal explanation for something?

Just occasionally, a stick IS a stick

True. Sometimes they are just sticks!
(I like that because it reminds me of something....amusing that I recall...to do with sticks! Never mind...won't go into that here.)
Old 19-06-2016, 02:00 AM
Master

I agree with Tobi and Metal. What they said made sense.
Old 19-06-2016, 05:02 AM
Master
Quote:
Originally Posted by metal68
Nothing leaves your body when youre drunk

Its just chemicals affecting your brain working.

Why does there always have to be a paranormal explanation for something?

Just occasionally, a stick IS a stick
Do you know that as a certainty? what if there IS a spiritual explanation for it..trying to shut someone down because you don't agree goes against forum rules.
In the rules 'all members are to be treated with respect'.. unless you are 100% sure that you 'know'. Even then, there are more subtle ways of getting your view across other than just dismissing the persons question so bluntly....this after all IS a spiritual forum so one would imagine that people would ask spiritual questions.
Old 19-06-2016, 06:09 AM
Master

There is nothing certain and never will be on astral projection. You cannot prove astral projection. There is no wrong or right and never will be with this topic. What is correct for one person may not be correct for another. This forum is open to peoples ideas and opinions. I respect this forum how it works. I am grateful to get peoples points of view. Sometimes I think their ideas is good and I might learn something. People think differently and have different opinions. If we cannot discuss things and give our opinions and try to help other people there is no point in having this forum.
Old 19-06-2016, 10:53 AM
Pathfinder

Your spirit never leaves the body, except if you astral project or die. Otherwise, it might be feeling a bit bad because of the poisons of tobacco and alcohol or drugs. I knew that feeling, because I used to drink and smoke a lot when I was younger.
Old 19-06-2016, 12:12 PM
Master
What I have heard a few times is that alcoholics lose their natural psychic defenses and are vulnerable to spirits entering into them.
Old 19-06-2016, 10:37 PM
Curtis 33 33 33

This is all very clarifying. I thank each person for their input. I believe I understand more of the disassociation, on a spiritual level, that attends substance abuse. :)
Old 21-06-2016, 11:48 AM
Experiencer

i dont think of it as spirit leaving the body. that happens when you are dead. imo, spirit is a unit of consciousness. you are still conscious thus still attached to body. to me its more a matter of coherence versus incoherence. you are in the world still but not totally making organized sense of it. this results in cloudiness of the mind. disconnection from your usual sense of the world. i follow a consciousness based conception of spirituality myself, but of course there are many ways to interpret the nature of things...
Old 21-06-2016, 11:51 AM
Experiencer

i also believe the body itself is a result of our ability to make coherent sense of the physical world ;) so REALLY when we do leave our body its more of the body leaving the spiritual unit of consciousness that is our individual spirit!!