Spiritual Forums

Home

Donate!

Articles

CHAT!

Shop

Welcome to Spiritual Forums!.

We created this community for people from all backgrounds to discuss Spiritual, Paranormal, Metaphysical, Philosophical, Supernatural, and Esoteric subjects. From Astral Projection to Zen, all topics are welcome. We hope you enjoy your visits.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest, which gives you limited access to most discussions and articles. By joining our free community you will be able to post messages, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own photos, and gain access to our Chat Rooms, Registration is fast, simple, and free, so please, join our community today! !

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, check our FAQs before contacting support. Please read our forum rules, since they are enforced by our volunteer staff. This will help you avoid any infractions and issues.

Go Back   Spiritual Forums > Spirituality & Beliefs > Astral Projection

Old 18-06-2016, 11:12 AM
Curtis 33 33 33

Spirit-Body Disconnection

I just got out of rehab. Something another client told me in treatment was that your spirit leaves you while under the influence of drugs or alcohol, and won't return to you for several days sober. Anyone have knowledge on this? Many addicts including myself describe a feeling of not being present. Could this be the absence of the spirit from the physical body?
Old 18-06-2016, 05:08 PM
Newbie ;)

I can relate,when smoking (not tobacco) I get very similar symptoms to those that I experience when meditating or relaxing for an astral projection. In fact even more so, I find it easier to disconnect from the physical body when attempting a meditation in this state.

There are periods of time when I feel present in my surroundings and then I slowly fade out. The more I am under the influence, the longer these periods of absence are and they progressively get shorter as I come down. When my awareness returns to my physical surroundings I feel like I had been away for unknown amounts of time in another place. I think this is what you mean.

Through self-analysis in these altered states I can best describe the mechanics of this experience in relation to waves and vibrations.

If my consciousness oscillates in-phase with the physical realm, my awareness will be in the physical realm. If the frequency of the oscillation is altered (through drugs or alcohol), then there will be periods of time when the consciousness wave is in-phase with the physical realm (hence you will feel present), and others when the consciousness wave is out-of-phase with the wave of the physical realm (hence the fading out and lack of physical awareness).

Just a half painted picture.
Old 18-06-2016, 07:32 PM
Master
Any sort of extreme trauma can lead to this sort of spirit-body disconnect. Some trauma may absolutely be drug-induced...and hopefully this is easily avoided in future if you are committed to your recovery.

On the other hand, some trauma may be emotional in source and thus more difficult to avoid ...and more difficult from which to heal. Still, healing is always possible if you open yourself to it and commit yourself to working toward it day-by-day.

The solution is always to ground yourself in your day-to-day material existence through presence, nurturing, and engagement with others and with nature. It is particularly important over the long haul to 1) nurture and care for yourself physically, emotionally, and spiritually, and 2) also to have grounded, personal exchanges with folks...ideally kind, and ideally caring/loving personal exchanges. Whether with fam, friends, partner, or folks in your community.

Peace & blessings...and all the best on your healing journey
7L

Here we must be unafraid of what is difficult.

For all living beings in nature must unfold in their particular way

and become themselves despite all opposition.

-- Rainer Maria Rilke
Old 18-06-2016, 07:33 PM
Pathfinder
Disclosure: I smoke from time to time

There's truth in what the client said. If you have weak ties to your root and zero point chakra it's very possible for you to be stuck floating. Particularly intense astral journey's usually require that you take the large portions of universal energies and dissipate them before returning fully to the physical world. Ultimately, well balanced chakra are going to be what make a truly divine journey in any realm, and more importantly allow you to actively tune your body to where you'd like to go.

All that being said Libre is absolutely correct with only one addition, in-phase and out-of-phase are perfectly natural states of the soul. Learning to apply those states while sober and maintain balance in both is at essence what I believe it is to be.
Old 18-06-2016, 08:11 PM
Ascender

Nothing leaves your body when youre drunk

Its just chemicals affecting your brain working.

Why does there always have to be a paranormal explanation for something?

Just occasionally, a stick IS a stick
Old 18-06-2016, 08:18 PM
Master
Quote:
Originally Posted by metal68
Nothing leaves your body when youre drunk

Its just chemicals affecting your brain working.

Why does there always have to be a paranormal explanation for something?

Just occasionally, a stick IS a stick

lol

◌ⴽAꕂꕂ A simple smile could be the first aid kit that someone has been looking for,
If you believe with absolute honesty that you are doing everything you can....DO MOREꕂꕂ◌ⴽ
~Shane Koyczan~
Old 18-06-2016, 08:22 PM
Pathfinder
Metal, the problem is not that there must always be some paranormal answer to something but rather that it is paranormal rather than spiritual. Perspective is important when it comes to as of yet untestable hypothesis. Gravity existed before Newton's law after all
Old 18-06-2016, 08:28 PM
Newbie ;)

Metal, I guess perspective matters. What do you believe yourself to be? What are you?

Paranormal is nothing; everything has an explanation of some sort, whether logical to you or not.
Old 18-06-2016, 08:30 PM
Ascender

Im very open to the paranormal, I just think sometimes people jump to it very readily when theres a more mundane explanation
Old 18-06-2016, 08:42 PM
Pathfinder
Ah~ It's true some people look to ascribe higher meaning to things. I see it all time here on the forums especially in the energy work boards. People tend to ask spiritual questions so I give them a spiritual answer because my journey would have been 10x easier had someone just been able to explain how I was trying too hard, to use my head a lot less and my heart a lot more.