Spiritual Forums

Home

Donate!

Articles

CHAT!

Shop

Welcome to Spiritual Forums!.

We created this community for people from all backgrounds to discuss Spiritual, Paranormal, Metaphysical, Philosophical, Supernatural, and Esoteric subjects. From Astral Projection to Zen, all topics are welcome. We hope you enjoy your visits.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest, which gives you limited access to most discussions and articles. By joining our free community you will be able to post messages, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own photos, and gain access to our Chat Rooms, Registration is fast, simple, and free, so please, join our community today! !

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, check our FAQs before contacting support. Please read our forum rules, since they are enforced by our volunteer staff. This will help you avoid any infractions and issues.

Go Back   Spiritual Forums > Spirituality & Beliefs > Astral Projection

Old 15-09-2015, 03:29 PM
Knower
Help!! Being attacked. Advice?

Well, it's not so much that something came after me, as I went to a part of the house where I knew there was probably something negative in order to try to banish it. Not only did it not work out, I found myself pinned to my bed.

I've had at least one fuzzy astral projection experience. (Most of the rest of the time I lucid dream to some degree or another). I went up to our attic and found something hanging around up there. It was a pretty small thing. I don't remember what happened.

Last night, I astral projected just a bit clearer. I had finally gone to bed early- 9 o'clock- and woke up at 1:30. Instead of getting anxious about waking up (usually I sleep like a rock, and have been sleep deprived for a week due to either staying up too late or not being able to fall asleep in the first place) I assumed this was a natural biphasic cycle (look it up, if you don't know what it is- it's cool). So I stayed up for about an hour, then got back in bed and listened to a guided relaxation meditation for lucid dreaming. For some reason, when I got out of my body, my visual field was greatly reduced, to the size of a fist. I ordered it to get wider- and quite amusingly it stretched out like a strip of tape, with black still above and below it. I said, okay smart aleck, expand some more. Then it became like a TV screen, and I said still not good enough. Finally it became whole.

I flew around for a while, enjoying myself. Then I remembered I had something I wanted to get done, that I had set intention to do in waking life. See, my brother is a Homestuck fan (a webcomic involving astral projection, though it does not call it that, "dream selves" are simply a- ostensibly- fantasy element of the story). I promised him if I astral projected, I would come nudge him in his sleep. He has experimented with sleep paralysis before, and found it too terrifying to continue. He said, "You do realize that if you do this, I'll probably just appear drunk, because my consciousness won't be focused." I knew this. He said to tell (the awake and conscious) him when I did. He reads creepy pastas (scary stories people write online) for fun, so I suspected that there would be a huge fear-feeding entity in his room if I ever managed to astral project.

So, it was not really a shock when that that turned out to be the case. I went in, imagining myself as a tiger bearing its fangs, intent on making it stop feeding on my brother. I didn't even get a view of the room before it flung me all the way back into my body and pinned me down. At that point, it began, for lack of a better word, molesting me and vaguely threatening to take it further. I've had semi-real feeling dreams before where it seemed like there were other outside entities propositioning and doing other things with me. Regardless of whether they were dreams or 'real' assaults, rarely have I ever been lucid enough to say "No," and this time I was. It sat there like a huge dog on my chest, respecting my command but also not getting off of me.

I don't really remember what happened after that. I think I told it to leave in the name of Christ at one point? I slipped into several dreams, one about fostering a tiny cuddly black goat with bright blue eyes from a farm sanctuary, then having to give it back even though I wanted to adopt it. I don't *think* it was related, but for all I know, it could be.

In an alternative way of looking at this, it could be my brother's own subconscious unwillingness to discard bad habits and get on the road to self-improvement. He himself is not attacking me, but the entity he has unwittingly created is defending its territory and retaliating. It may have not been interested in really "attacking" me, as it is attuned to my brother's vibrational energy, and may just want to feed in peace. (Not that I want to let it.) Perhaps it held me down until I fell back asleep so I wouldn't bother it again.

Note that even though it sounds like it, this wasn't a terribly scary experience. I am not upset. Just rolling with the punches.
Old 17-09-2015, 06:53 AM
Master

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheGreenQueen
Well, it's not so much that something came after me, as I went to a part of the house where I knew there was probably something negative in order to try to banish it. Not only did it not work out, I found myself pinned to my bed.

He reads creepy pastas (scary stories people write online) for fun, so I suspected that there would be a huge fear-feeding entity in his room if I ever managed to astral project.
You suspected there were entities there so that is why they were there. The more we believe something, the more likely it will happen.
Old 17-09-2015, 03:17 PM
Knower
Quote:
Originally Posted by astralsuzy
You suspected there were entities there so that is why they were there. The more we believe something, the more likely it will happen.

Maybe, but there's someone else's mind involved here, too. If I manage to not believe that they are there, but he's still created them, that's not going to do much good.

That would make sense if it were my own demons I was fighting- or if he hadn't informed me that his experiences with sleep paralysis were scary.

I talked to him about it, and for some reason he's changed his mind about my coming to try to wake him up in the astral plane. That desire is likely where it came from. He says he's going to do some more research about it first.

Also, I ran into the thing in our attic again the next night. I had no beliefs about when I encountered it the first time. It could be remnants of another person's consciousness. (It certainly doesn't seem "present" or powerful enough to be its own entity.) I batted it away easily, so I'm not worried about it. I can probably drive it out entirely. I'm going to clear my family's house of as much negativity as possible. Should be fairly easy now that my sister's left. XD
Old 17-09-2015, 09:22 PM
Master
Quote:
Originally Posted by TheGreenQueen
Maybe, but there's someone else's mind involved here, too. If I manage to not believe that they are there, but he's still created them, that's not going to do much good.

That would make sense if it were my own demons I was fighting- or if he hadn't informed me that his experiences with sleep paralysis were scary.

I talked to him about it, and for some reason he's changed his mind about my coming to try to wake him up in the astral plane. That desire is likely where it came from. He says he's going to do some more research about it first.

Also, I ran into the thing in our attic again the next night. I had no beliefs about when I encountered it the first time. It could be remnants of another person's consciousness. (It certainly doesn't seem "present" or powerful enough to be its own entity.) I batted it away easily, so I'm not worried about it. I can probably drive it out entirely. I'm going to clear my family's house of as much negativity as possible. Should be fairly easy now that my sister's left. XD
When reading the original post I couldn't help but think how do you know that he created this being? The dimension we live in is surrounded by other dimensions that we cannot typically hear or see and those dimensions are not filled with nothing but beings who we accidently or purposely manifested, they are filled with beings who are beings of their own just like we are. A lot of those beings are energetic vampires, "dark", etc. and they certainly wouldn't mind it one bit if we believed we created them. Because that takes the focus off of them and puts it onto us, then we desperately look for ways to destroy them since we think we created them. When unfortunately that is not possible since we didn't create them to begin with, in essence we waste our time instead of dealing with the issue in a way that would actually affect them. And they are more than content with that because that way they are able to continue doing what they are doing unhindered. The notion of us creating a being that we do not understand, do not know how to deal with, or fear is easier to swallow than the other option, but that doesn't necessarily mean it is true unfortunately.

Speaking from personal experience though energetic vampires can and do become protective over a being they feed on constantly. No different than how Humans are protective of their cattle or other food sources. The way that you described your brother's issues I get the sense that he is either mentally or physically ill or may have some substance abuse issues. All of which can attract an energetic vampire, some would even argue that all three of those are caused by an energetic vampire. I guess in some cases it's a matter of the chicken and the egg - and who knows which one came first? But personally I think blindly accepting the notion that your brother created it is an error or misjudgment, it's just less unsettling to think that and therefore easier to accept. Unfortunately I cannot offer any advice on what he or you can do, if he's having issues with substance abuse or mental or physical health issues then obviously he should get some help to treat those and go from there. As far as dealing with a negative entity there isn't much if any information out there that actually works, because if there was then negative entities wouldn't be so prevalent and successful at what they do. The problem with most traditional ways of banishing, cleansing, warding, etc. is that they are performed in this dimension and so even if they do have an effect (who knows if they do or do not) that effect would be in this dimension, but the entities we're talking about do not exist in this dimension. It's like trying to evict a tenant from your apartment building when they don't live in your apartment building to begin with, obviously you won't be very successful.

I'm sure some people on here could give you a boatload of information on all the recycled unoriginal ways of dealing with negative entities, most of which I've found will have little to no effect on the situation. But what I can say is that as long as your brother continues to feed this entity the type of energy it has become accustomed to it will continue to feed, and probably even afterwards. They don't just give up the second you cut out the behavior that attracted and fed them, they know you way too well by then to have to give up. They simply refocus their energy on a different behavior that falls somewhere into their energetic axis. So if dark negative thinking stops they will go to sexual energy, or vice-versa. Which means in most cases an individual is going to have to change multiple behaviors and ways of thinking to even stop feeding them the energy they desire, and even after that they will likely just switch to fear if they haven't already. It doesn't take much to scare an individual in most cases, a bad case of sleep paralysis and some scary visions or noises and your energy is prepared perfectly to their taste. Sorry I couldn't be of more help but I'm just being honest, the work is up to your brother. I wish him and you both good luck.
Old 04-07-2016, 04:08 AM
Knower
Sorry to resurrect this thread, but I need to address a couple of things:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Astral Explorer
When reading the original post I couldn't help but think how do you know that he created this being? . . . The notion of us creating a being that we do not understand, do not know how to deal with, or fear is easier to swallow than the other option, but that doesn't necessarily mean it is true unfortunately.

Intuitive knowledge, I suppose. That's what I've been operating on primarily.

I believe that tulpas can turn into negative entities.

Quote:
The way that you described your brother's issues I get the sense that he is either mentally or physically ill or may have some substance abuse issues. All of which can attract an energetic vampire

The worst thing he and I are addicted to is the internet. For me, it is a very serious, actual addiction that has drastically affected my life. For him, it has just as strong a hold, the only difference is he doesn't see it as a problem.

Quote:
But personally I think blindly accepting the notion that your brother created it is an error or misjudgment

I certainly keep all possibilities open. Especially when dealing with stuff like this. I have not astral projected in a while, so probably best to start mentally with a clean slate anyway.

Quote:
there isn't much if any information out there that actually works, because if there was then negative entities wouldn't be so prevalent and successful at what they do.

I have since created tulpas (I believe tulpas exist on the astral plane) that claim they have driven out whatever is in the room and anything else in there, but until I go in a check for myself, I can't know for sure.

Quote:
But what I can say is that as long as your brother continues to feed this entity the type of energy it has become accustomed to it will continue to feed, and probably even afterwards. They don't just give up the second you cut out the behavior that attracted and fed them, they know you way too well by then to have to give up. They simply refocus their energy on a different behavior that falls somewhere into their energetic axis. So if dark negative thinking stops they will go to sexual energy, or vice-versa. Which means in most cases an individual is going to have to change multiple behaviors and ways of thinking to even stop feeding them the energy they desire, and even after that they will likely just switch to fear if they haven't already. It doesn't take much to scare an individual in most cases, a bad case of sleep paralysis and some scary visions or noises and your energy is prepared perfectly to their taste. Sorry I couldn't be of more help but I'm just being honest, the work is up to your brother. I wish him and you both good luck.

Well obviously, whether metaphysically or psychologically, habits and well-worn mind tracks are stubborn.

I drew that cute little dragonet on DeviantArt's Muro board. It is a lot of fun to reply with pictures in a forum!

"The brain was billions of years or more in the making. Each one is a unique make and model. What will you do with yours?" quoted from here *taps head*
Old 04-07-2016, 04:24 PM
Pathfinder

@theGreenQueen
Do you protect yourself and your room before astral projection?
There is nothing better to protect yourself than to call upon a white light to protect your soul and your astral and physical room. If you believe in God, pray to Him for guidance and light. If you are agnostic or atheist, just ask for protection and it will be given to you. All you have to do is ask.
Lucky and safe travels!
Old 05-07-2016, 02:02 AM
Master

"I suspected that there would be a huge fear-feeding entity in his room if I ever managed to astral project.

So, it was not really a shock when that that turned out to be the case. I went in, imagining myself as a tiger bearing its fangs,"

That thought in itself is near sure to create something when you go to his room while lucid dreaming.

I too think its less likely the thing was caused by your brother but more from your own thoughts and thinking and expectations. You may be feeding this though form you have created there too while even awake when thinking of it though it does usually take a lot of energy to create a tulpa but just a simple created thought form is easy to create.